Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's 18:23 - Jan 6 with 1491 viewsdurham_exile

JM’s charges go toe to toe against Keith Curle’s high flying Cumbrians this weekend.
Carlisle sit 10 points above the Super U’s in the third automatic promotion spot.
They have only lost twice in the league, but have drawn 10 games, including 7 away.

Last night I watched the Donny Rovers versus Pompey game on TV. After an even first half, Doncaster deservedly ran out winners after a second half no show by the South Coast team. In truth Portsmouth showed little ambition after the break and their performance belied their position in the league.

This weekend gives the Super U’s the opportunity to close the gap on the top seven and to temporarily at least go 5th in the table with a win. It will be a difficult game but after our recent excellent run of results, the Super U’s should fear no one; by all means show respect but fear definitely not. Now at Brunton Park Jabo Ibehre emerged as a second half sub to score the goal that ultimately won the game for the hosts. On Saturday, he must not be allowed that amount of space, especially as Carlisle will be playing a counter attacking game.

Now JM will be forced into changes after recent injuries, but such is the spirit in the team that this is unlikely to adversely affect either their formation or performance.

Team 3,4,1,2 formation:

Walker

Eastman Kent Elokobi

Brindley Garvan Lapslie Dickenson

Slater

Guthrie Porter

Subs:

Wright Vincent-Young Wynter Barnes Fosu Johnstone Bonne

JM will be the first to acknowledge that his award as MotM for December is as much credited to SB and the squad of players. However as with every organisation, ultimately there is a leader and JM should be given considerable credit for changing the playing formation and not being panicked into wholesale changes after the dismal run of 10 games without a win.

A decent crowd is expected at the WHCS for what on paper should be a keenly contested game. I expect to see Colchester edge a narrow victory to keep the promotion push firmly on track.

And if there is any problem with drumming up support for the Super U's, Big George showed some silky percussion skills the other day!

Enjoy the game.

Up the Super U’s

[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 20:03]

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 14:16 - Jan 7 with 1421 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's unchanged.

Come on, we can win today.

Up the super U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 15:35 - Jan 7 with 1413 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 14:16 - Jan 7 by durham_exile

Super U's unchanged.

Come on, we can win today.

Up the super U's

Super U's 2-1 to the good.
Kurtis Guthrie

Come on

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:02 - Jan 7 with 1405 viewsgerry_us

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 15:35 - Jan 7 by durham_exile

Super U's 2-1 to the good.
Kurtis Guthrie

Come on

MOM curse laid to rest? Let's hope so.
Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:05 - Jan 7 with 1403 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:02 - Jan 7 by gerry_us

MOM curse laid to rest? Let's hope so.

Hi Gerry
A big 45 mins ahead.
Up the Super U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:12 - Jan 7 with 1400 viewsgerry_us

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:05 - Jan 7 by durham_exile

Hi Gerry
A big 45 mins ahead.
Up the Super U's

Even better now.
Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:47 - Jan 7 with 1395 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:12 - Jan 7 by gerry_us

Even better now.

Very impressive, Guthrie has also hit the bar.
Up the Super U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:57 - Jan 7 with 1388 viewsgerry_us

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:47 - Jan 7 by durham_exile

Very impressive, Guthrie has also hit the bar.
Up the Super U's

4-1 I'll settle for that.
Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 17:00 - Jan 7 with 1386 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:57 - Jan 7 by gerry_us

4-1 I'll settle for that.

So will I

Guthrie well deserved hat trick.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 20:51 - Jan 7 with 1325 viewswessex_exile

Just got back, and that was utterly brilliant, probably one of the best games I've seen at WHCS! Carlisle are clearly a good side, and always looked a threat (despite the scoreline), but the U's were simply magnificent. Second half particularly we just looked like we'd score every time we came forward, Slater controlled things brilliantly, the back three worked for each other and were solid, Porter was a constant problem for their defence, and as for Guthrie - what a performance. I'm not going to quibble over Slater's MoM, he earned it, but it can't be often a striker gets a hat-trick and not MoM?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 22:38 - Jan 7 with 1297 viewsFruitbat

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 20:51 - Jan 7 by wessex_exile

Just got back, and that was utterly brilliant, probably one of the best games I've seen at WHCS! Carlisle are clearly a good side, and always looked a threat (despite the scoreline), but the U's were simply magnificent. Second half particularly we just looked like we'd score every time we came forward, Slater controlled things brilliantly, the back three worked for each other and were solid, Porter was a constant problem for their defence, and as for Guthrie - what a performance. I'm not going to quibble over Slater's MoM, he earned it, but it can't be often a striker gets a hat-trick and not MoM?

Best performance at WHCS full stop and probably the best performance by a Colchester United side since the first Championship season.
Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 23:41 - Jan 7 with 1279 viewsmfb_cufc

Long may it continue.

mfb

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 03:33 - Jan 8 with 1251 viewsWessiehomesPete

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 23:41 - Jan 7 by mfb_cufc

Long may it continue.

I'm stunned, MFB.

When goal 4 went in I was listening on U's player and the TV on mute, PNE-Gooners, I almost lost it.

I guess no more thoughts about relegation to "Cough-rence"

Where the 'eck is this coming from? In Daniel's PL I try to "guess" the first scorer, but it's NEVER right.

Our squad is so balanced it's not funny. Please, please, let me spend a small fortune for a Wembley final.

It would be nice if I some week could predict the first to net. Apparently no chance
Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 12:46 - Jan 8 with 1208 viewsbwildered

A performance with confidence and composure. Not without a few brief moments of concern, but the U's took their many chances when required , which eventually was the difference between the two sides (who still could meet again at the end of the season ! ).
All top sides still to play at the WHCS, a exciting run in to the end of the season beckons, anything is possible .
Onwards and upwards .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:16 - Jan 8 with 1171 viewsnoah4x4

There seems to be a good deal of comment about "first hat trick since Cureton" and that might be true as regards league fixtures. But didn't Macca Bonne got four against Wealdstone in the FA Cup?

Rather oddly, that feat is omitted from this website despite it including other U's FA CUP hat trick statistics.

http://www.coludaybyday.co.uk/Statistics/Player%20Stats/PlayerHatTricks.html

So is four not a hat trick?
Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 17:17 - Jan 8 with 1150 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 16:16 - Jan 8 by noah4x4

There seems to be a good deal of comment about "first hat trick since Cureton" and that might be true as regards league fixtures. But didn't Macca Bonne got four against Wealdstone in the FA Cup?

Rather oddly, that feat is omitted from this website despite it including other U's FA CUP hat trick statistics.

http://www.coludaybyday.co.uk/Statistics/Player%20Stats/PlayerHatTricks.html

So is four not a hat trick?

Spot on Noah, Chris Iwelumo also scored four when we beat Parky's Hull 5-1, Cureton scored the other.
Big Roy McDonough also scored four and I think Bobby Svarc did as well since I have been watching the Super U's.

Or is four referred to as a double brace!

Up the Super U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 20:31 - Jan 8 with 1121 viewsbwildered

Big Roy got four v Slough away in the Conferance, and Svarc got four away at Chester both in promotion winning seasons .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 21:06 - Jan 8 with 1112 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 20:31 - Jan 8 by bwildered

Big Roy got four v Slough away in the Conferance, and Svarc got four away at Chester both in promotion winning seasons .

Thanks bwildered

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 1001 viewspwrightsknees

And Neil Langman scored 4 in a 7-1 win at (then) non - League Yeovil in a 2nd round FA Cup replay, December 1958. In those days, the Yeovil ground was (in)famous for its slope and I remember the headlines in the Daily Express: "Langman masters that slope".
Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 12:01 - Jan 13 with 996 viewspwrightsknees

Cumbrians to be outfoxed at the WHCS by the Super U's on 11:47 - Jan 13 by pwrightsknees

And Neil Langman scored 4 in a 7-1 win at (then) non - League Yeovil in a 2nd round FA Cup replay, December 1958. In those days, the Yeovil ground was (in)famous for its slope and I remember the headlines in the Daily Express: "Langman masters that slope".

And I forgot. Bobby Hunt and Martyn King scored 4 each, December 1961 in a 4th Div 9-1 home win gainst Bradford City. The in the last match of that 1961-62 season, Bobby Hunt scored another 4 in a 5-3 home win against Doncaster. I am sure there will be others that I have forgotten.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024