Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. TINJAKE Superb Owl Champ! 21:10 - Jan 24 with 676 viewsWessiehomesPete

MFB_CUFC defends his title. Well done! ... TINJAKE put up an incredible fight to the last day. He's a past Champion who is still in prime position to win the Superb Owl title... THRILLSEEKER's pick percentage is excellent. He's also a past Champion and no matter how many participate year by year, always a favourite to win it all... BROMLEYU with a noteworthy first campaign ("rookie") ... I expect RSCO and DURHAM will return 2017/18 .. and GERRY (I hope)...

AFC Championship:
Pittsburgh Steelers 17 at NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 36

NFC Championship:
Green Bay Packers 21 at ATLANTA FALCONS 44

Final Regular Season Table (Week 17 of 17 table):

1. MFB_CUFC ... (2-0) ................... 91-55 ... (+8) .... (132 points)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2. tinjake ... (1-1) ........................ 86-60 ... (+4) .... (130)
3. Wessiehomespete ... (2-0) ........... 81-65 ... (+8) .... (120)
4. Thrillseeker ... (1-1) .................. 76-62 ... (+4) .... (106)
5. BromleyU ... (0-2) ..................... 73-64 ... (+0) .... (105)
6. RSCOSWORTH ... (0-0) ................ 57-52 ... (+0) ..... (76)
7. durham_exile.... (0-0) ................ 51-39 ... (+0) ..... (65)

The Super Bowl Playoffs Table (3 of 4 PL Playoff weeks--same tie-breakers apply):

1. Wessiehomespete ... (2-0) .............. 8-2 ... (+8) .... (22 points)
2. tinjake ... (3-1) ........................... 8-2.... (+4) .... (21)
3. mfb_cufc ... (2-0) ........................ 6-4 ... (+8) .... (17)
4. Thrillseeker ... (1-1) ..................... 5-5 ... (+4) .... (13)
5. BromleyU ... (0-2) ........................ 5-5 ... (+0) .... (11)

Superb Owl picks: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS v. ATLANTA FALCONS

1. Pick Winner (worth 4 points)
2. Point spread: a. Patriots to win by 4 or more OR b. Falcons to win or Not Lose by more than 3 (5 points)
3. Over-Under (total points): a. 59 or more points scored OR 58 or fewer points scored (5 points)
4. Most Passing Yards by QB: a. Patriots OR b. Falcons (3 points)
5. Most Rushing Yards: a. Patriots OR b. Falcons (3 points)
6. Final Score: Winner total points and loser total points. In theory, it's best to predict your Pick Winner and post a final result. But mathematically it's possible to nick 5 points even while NOT predicting the winner correct... Pats point total minus your Pats total (plus or minus) & Falcons total minus your total, LOWEST total number, That's worth: (5 points)

**TINJAKE and I have to predict at minimum TWO DIFFERENT numbers 1-5 ... Number 6, the final score, CANNOT be identical. mfb_cufc, Thrilseeker and BromleyU may post without any restriction.

Good luck all... ... The 18:30 ET/23:30 UK kickoff time is actually not bad for fans across the pond. If there is one thing that has long been clear, there are tons of New England Patriots supporters and haters across the pond.

Early reminder: there will be Four NFL games in England later this year, Wembley and Twickenham. Official dates to be determined:

Baltimore Ravens v Jacksonville Jaguars (Wembley)
New Orleans Saits v Miami Dolphins (Wembley)
Minnesota Vikings v Cleveland Browns (Twickenham)
Arizona Cardinals v Los Angeles Rams (Twickenham)

**These are NOT friendlies. They are the REAL deal. They matter in the NFL table...
Nice one. Fans of the odd-shaped ball from all over the UK and lower Europe attend these...
There will definitely be an 11th season of The U'sual NFL PL...

Thanks everyone who participated this season and the casual readers who didn't. Let's add one or two newbies in September.

Will be here for updates throughout the Pats v Dirty Birds.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 15:59]
The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 06:33 - Jan 31 with 599 viewsWessiehomesPete

Bumped and all updated.

Will be here on Super Bowl Sunday for updates.
The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 14:37 - Feb 2 with 552 viewsWessiehomesPete

BromleyU is the first one to post on the OMB:

1. New England Patriots
2. Patriots to win by 7 or less *clearly that should read Pats to win by 4 or more
3. Under 59 Points (58 or fewer)
4. Tom Brady (Patriots--since not only Brady may pass the ball--think "trick play")
5. Tevin Coleman (Falcons--total rushing yards by Atlanta, not just one player)
6. Pats 28- Falcons 24.
The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 17:07 - Feb 2 with 544 viewsthrillseeker

1. Patriots
2. Patriots to win by 4 or more
3. 59 or more points scored
4. Patriots
5. Falcons
6. Patrots 38 Falcons 24
The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 22:11 - Feb 2 with 529 viewsmfb_cufc

1. Falcons
2. Falcons to win or not lose by more than 3.
3. Under 59 points.
4. Falcons
5. Falcons
6. Patriots 24 Falcons 28

mfb

The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 23:24 - Feb 2 with 516 viewsWessiehomesPete

The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 22:11 - Feb 2 by mfb_cufc

1. Falcons
2. Falcons to win or not lose by more than 3.
3. Under 59 points.
4. Falcons
5. Falcons
6. Patriots 24 Falcons 28

Thanks MFB..

Unless you say otherwise, you're getting a Matt Ryan Falcons shirt for winning the 2016/17 NFL PL.

And as past champions know, I go high end, not the cheap "knock offs."

See you at the Brick in 5 weeks, mate.

Inbox me if you wanna buy our two tix for Mansfield.

(Some here who believe that MFB and I aren't actually good friends, they have no clue... And that bloke in West Virginia is a top bloke too.)

GSY has invited me to his island. Haps and Des will spend a Sunday in London. Panners will probably go to a match with me. Daniel may take me to see Spurs. Etc, etc.. MFB and I will hang out.. Thrillo may do a pub night.)

Sorry. The Mail and Norwich Evening News paid for my hotel and Rovers and Barnsley. Am I attending Ipswich? No way in hell just kill me.
The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 02:18 - Feb 3 with 507 viewsWessiehomesPete

Mine:

I'm going to post first, (TINJAKE).. So only 3 may be the same 1-5, and he cannot duplicate my final score: (so a total of 3 must be different) ..

1. Winner -- Atlanta
2. Point spread -- Atlanta to win or not lose by more than 3 points.
3. Over-Under -- 58 points or less total
4. Most Passing Yards -- Atlanta
5. Most Rushing Yards -- Atlanta
6. Final Score -- Atlanta 28 -- New England 27

This would be my 3rd Super Owl Title.
The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 01:55 - Feb 6 with 469 viewsWessiehomesPete

Middle of 3rd quarter:

Atlanta Falcons 28 New England Patriots 3.

And that halftime show by Lady Gaga was outstanding!
The NFL PL.. MFB_CUFC is Champion! .. Superb Owl deadline Sun 5 Feb @ 23:30 on 15:58 - Feb 7 with 407 viewsWessiehomesPete

The results:

Pick winner: Patriots
Points spread: Pat to win by 4 or more, they did
Over-Under: More than 59 points (62)
Most passing yards: New England/ Tom Super Brady
Most rushing yards: No Points.. Both teams finished with 104 yards
Final score: Patriots 34 Atlanta 28 (F-OT)

TINJAKE with a +17 and that includes a Final Score Prediction of New England 34 and Atlanta 24... that's a 4 point differential .. He wins the Superb Owl...

Total points table:

TINJAKE ... 38
Thrillseeker ... 29
BromleyU ... 23
WessiePete ... 22
MFB_CUFC ... 17 ... But in fairness ... mfb did win the PL title ...

Congratulations, MFB_CUFC and TINJAKE ...

Season 11 will happen. Let's add one or two (or three) newbies..

Inbox me your address for your prizes... This is perfect. Two top dogs win the two comps..

Cheers!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 16:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024