Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Open letter to Gerry_US 15:09 - Feb 3 with 744 viewsWessiehomesPete

You've become really nasty towards me in the last 2-3 years. Check your posts.

You always jump on the pony when some oddball has a gripe with me. You feel comfortable with piling on. That I've realized.

But frankly, most here have no problem with me. They're actually very good friends and there is nothing personal. I can read between the lines.

If I can dish it out I can certainly take it.

I was gone for months but Daniel invited me back. You know, our Daniel with whom I've attended Spurs and ColU, or merely sat nearby of each other at the Weston Homes.

There are countless who have become alienated here and don't post anymore. And newbies who do post, but I definitely have never met.

Anyone wants to meet me on Mansfield day (a Tuesday at Bricklayers), you'll find I'm a genuinely nice bloke.

I like meeting our supporters who immediately get a different impression of me after 1 minute.

But you Gerry? You need to back off. You need to let go.
An Open letter to Gerry_US on 16:25 - Feb 3 with 727 viewsLeadbelly

Pete,

I hesitate to become embroiled yet again but here goes...

The only thing that has ever annoyed me about this forum is you. Perhaps this is due to a flaw in my character, perhaps it is because of the attitude and content of so many of your posts. Everyone is free to decide for themselves which they believe it to be.

You assure those of us that don't know you that if we meet you we'll find you are a genuinely nice bloke. Possibly true, possibly not but doesn't it make you pause to consider why you have to make that statement? Does it not make you wonder why some people on here have formed the opinion that you are something other than a genuinely nice bloke?

I've known some regular posters very well (I've been best man for one of them!) since before I ever looked at this board and others, such as Noah and Wessex, I have met since I started posting. There are many others, you included, I have never met. I can say, without fear of being corrected, that I have never agreed 100% with everything anyone has said on this board nor has everyone else agreed 100% with everything I've said. It would be a very dull place were it otherwise but I find our disagreements, differences of opinion, call them what you will, can be aired in public in a respectful and polite manner...generally speaking.

There are occasions when my view of conduct on this board differs, when I find things to be inappropriate or even offensive. In my opinion there is a common denominator on those occasions and, sadly, that is you. As a regular reader of the OMB I would suggest the same applies there also.

I'm not without fault. I love a passionate debate, I'm more than happy to defend my views, in fact I would admit freely I can, very occasionally, be argumentative. Despite all that, I don't go looking for a fight and I'd like to think I am reasonably consistent in my views, and that I am man enough to admit it when I am proved wrong.

Because of the inconsistency of your posts I really have no idea what is true and what isn't. One day you love Col U, one day you hate them, then you love everyone here, the next day you are at loggerheads with someone. I do wonder sometimes what condition you are in when you are typing. There is an element of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and that can't be good for anybody.

Make of this post what you will. There is no malice involved, I never play games, I would just like to see an end to the unnecessary diatribes. Over to you.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 18:10]

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

An Open letter to Gerry_US on 22:14 - Feb 3 with 677 viewsWessiehomesPete

No. I'm backing away from this.

I'm here to finish administrating two PLs and out of respect to MFB's PL I'll take it like a man and next week I will again do proper predictions even if I don't reach the playoffs this year.

That's about it.

I never said I'd completely drop off the radar here. But after the Happy Cup and the NFL PL wraps up I'll undoubtedly post little to nothing on The Usual (besides on the Happy PL)..

I still remain the Happy Cup administrator. And if there is some interest, I'll run another NFL PL in September.

Need I remind that literally no one was enthusiastic and welcoming when I mentioned last autumn I was arriving in March for my first visit in two years? That was especially clear on the OMB.

Or that when I began posting the NFL PL on the OMB it was suggested there that I should put the PL where the sun don't shine?

Few are willing to concede that there is a dark element at work towards me. That's why I'm not spending a day in Colchester in March, and frankly, no one knows where I'm actually staying in Norfolk. Besides Mr Happy, I should say.

On this trip I'll do some fun things that I should have done long ago. Funny how it has become liberating to re-evaluate my trip to East Anglia. I'm at peace about that.

If this wants to be an all-Colchester-talk site, so be it. There really isn't much to talk about. But go on then.
An Open letter to Gerry_US on 06:36 - Feb 4 with 636 viewsjonestones

An Open letter to Gerry_US on 22:14 - Feb 3 by WessiehomesPete

I'm here to finish administrating two PLs and out of respect to MFB's PL I'll take it like a man and next week I will again do proper predictions even if I don't reach the playoffs this year.

That's about it.

I never said I'd completely drop off the radar here. But after the Happy Cup and the NFL PL wraps up I'll undoubtedly post little to nothing on The Usual (besides on the Happy PL)..

I still remain the Happy Cup administrator. And if there is some interest, I'll run another NFL PL in September.

Need I remind that literally no one was enthusiastic and welcoming when I mentioned last autumn I was arriving in March for my first visit in two years? That was especially clear on the OMB.

Or that when I began posting the NFL PL on the OMB it was suggested there that I should put the PL where the sun don't shine?

Few are willing to concede that there is a dark element at work towards me. That's why I'm not spending a day in Colchester in March, and frankly, no one knows where I'm actually staying in Norfolk. Besides Mr Happy, I should say.

On this trip I'll do some fun things that I should have done long ago. Funny how it has become liberating to re-evaluate my trip to East Anglia. I'm at peace about that.

If this wants to be an all-Colchester-talk site, so be it. There really isn't much to talk about. But go on then.

Pete,

I may not be able to express my thoughts as well as some on here, e.g. Col U Kev, Gerry or Lead but here is my opinion.

I have been following TOOT's advice and ignoring your posts. Unfortunately, that has only resulted in me not posting and reading the site as much. It seems others don't use the site as much either.

I personally put the fall in numbers down to you.

One minute you are hoping we all enjoy the conference and the next you are hoping for a promotion push.

One minute you claim to love the club, the next you stroppy because the club didn't offer you a commercial package for your trip over.

One minute your thoughts seem calm and rational. The next you are threatening people with violence, e.g. Wessex and TOOT.

One minute you claim you are leaving the site. The next you fill it full of non Col U related random posts. (I have no problem with non Col U related posts but surely the fact that most of them remain unreplied to tells you something?)

One minute you make thoughtful considered comments, the next you make claims that are bordering on ridiculous: my favourite was your 'my nephew wrote my last post, not me' response.

Enough is enough.

If an away fan came on here spouting anti Col U crap they would be banned swiftly but your 'enjoy the conference' comments are tolerated.

The tolerance and kindness shown to you on here by board members astounds me. The kind advice, the sympathetic responses, the empathy; is truly humbling. And yet you seem to throw it all back in people's faces. I use TOOT as a classic example. He tried to help and support you and you threatened him with violence and legal action.

Personally, I am bored of reading the same old same old every time I log on.
I want the board back.

ColUKev summed it up much better than me when he wrote;

"You have to decide whether you want to be involved in great football chat and writing on here, or if you would like to be antagonistic, volatile and unpleasant.

If it's the latter than you should not be surprised that you are met with these reactions, and as such I would recommend you no longer visit this board by your own choice or not. "
An Open letter to Gerry_US on 13:25 - Feb 4 with 589 viewsLeadbelly

An Open letter to Gerry_US on 22:14 - Feb 3 by WessiehomesPete

That's about it.

Do you really have no idea why the announcement of your forthcoming trip was not greeted with enthusiasm here or on the message board?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

An Open letter to Gerry_US on 04:15 - Feb 7 with 451 viewsWessiehomesPete

An Open letter to Gerry_US on 13:25 - Feb 4 by Leadbelly

Do you really have no idea why the announcement of your forthcoming trip was not greeted with enthusiasm here or on the message board?

I know :(:(

Can us Lot just have a nice Bricklayers? I'll be there for Mansfield.. will get there probably 4:30.. 5:00

Mansfield, that Tuesday...

Just show up. Any you're..

If it's a cold cold one, At the Weston I'll probably buy two Bovrils.. For some reason the way the stad was built,..? .. it's always a cold swirl at night.

Looks like the Playoffs are totally in sight.

I Am So Looking Forward you goof-balls :D
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024