Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big game tomorrow 00:01 - Feb 18 with 705 viewsRSCOSWORTH

It's important for us to get back on track tomorrow especially after Tuesday's defeat and the game against Wycombe next week. Also a lot of teams around us in the table are playing each other which could mean three points tomorrow would strengthen our play off push.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Big game tomorrow on 10:46 - Feb 18 with 670 viewswessex_exile

Absolutely vital, given our current injury crisis. By the end of next Saturday if we're not firmly in the playoffs I reckon that's it for this season. There'll still be enough points to play for, but maybe it'll show we haven't yet got enough strength in depth to cope with losing players to injury. Fingers crossed - Come on the U's!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Big game tomorrow on 08:31 - Feb 19 with 637 viewsbwildered

Crisis what crisis ?
Let's not forget we have two forwards and a winger out on loan, seems their futures must be in doubt .
Business end if the season beckons, run of home games require maximum points, are we up to it or becoming a also ran ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Big game tomorrow on 09:36 - Feb 19 with 626 viewsLeadbelly

Big game tomorrow on 08:31 - Feb 19 by bwildered

Crisis what crisis ?
Let's not forget we have two forwards and a winger out on loan, seems their futures must be in doubt .
Business end if the season beckons, run of home games require maximum points, are we up to it or becoming a also ran ?

11 points from 8 games this calendar year doesn't feel like playoff form.

I think the ridiculous injury situation will be one of the reasons we don't secure a play off place and would suggest the club needs to look very closely at the training regime to see whether this is part of the problem.

Player recruitment must also be looked at critically. Doug Loft, for instance, had all sorts of injury problems at Gillingham yet we signed him and he is yet to play in almost 7 months. What a waste of money. Lloyd Doyley, released by others due to serious injury and has played just a few minutes in several months. Same applies. These are the sort of risky signings we can't afford and really should be smart enough to avoid.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Big game tomorrow on 12:00 - Feb 19 with 607 viewsLeadbelly

Big game tomorrow on 09:36 - Feb 19 by Leadbelly

11 points from 8 games this calendar year doesn't feel like playoff form.

I think the ridiculous injury situation will be one of the reasons we don't secure a play off place and would suggest the club needs to look very closely at the training regime to see whether this is part of the problem.

Player recruitment must also be looked at critically. Doug Loft, for instance, had all sorts of injury problems at Gillingham yet we signed him and he is yet to play in almost 7 months. What a waste of money. Lloyd Doyley, released by others due to serious injury and has played just a few minutes in several months. Same applies. These are the sort of risky signings we can't afford and really should be smart enough to avoid.

Doug Loft did play in the League Cup at Brighton and was sub for the next two games but that has been his entire contribution. I stand corrected but I would argue my point remains valid.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Big game tomorrow on 10:49 - Feb 20 with 547 viewsoxfcolu

The players need to understand the importance of tomorrows game. There is no love lost between us and them. More importantly points are needed on the board. I know we have an injury crisis but its a squad game and the players left need to stand up and be counted.
Big game tomorrow on 13:17 - Feb 21 with 493 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Big game tomorrow on 10:49 - Feb 20 by oxfcolu

The players need to understand the importance of tomorrows game. There is no love lost between us and them. More importantly points are needed on the board. I know we have an injury crisis but its a squad game and the players left need to stand up and be counted.

I agree. A win tonight will see us back in a play off position too. The players shouldn't require any further motivation.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024