Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) 13:37 - Feb 20 with 7535 viewsJarvo

On the eve (plus a week) of the young swans taking on Hertha's youth team at the liberty, what's your favourite ground you've ever been to?
You can probably guess from the introduction I'm going to say Hertha Berlin's Olympastadion. Built for the 1936 Olympics in Nazi Germany the stadium is a two tiered bowl with one stand cut out behind the goal for an obelisk style monument. A living museum of a stadium.
Also absolutely love Charlton's The Valley! With clear patches such as the corners, which have been added later, ungracefully. The one solitary tiny 'shed' of a stand for the away supporters makes it feel like the whole massive stadium is surrounding you. As intimidating of a stadium you'll see as an away fan, even if the fans themselves are busy munching on kale and egg tarts and not in the least bit scary!
What ground do you think deserves an honourable mention?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 13:42]
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:45 - Feb 21 with 1449 viewsClinton

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 14:24 - Feb 21 by perchrockjack

Maine Rd for no other reason than history and a pretty spiky place to get lost

Leeds Rd ,Huddersfield

The Shay ,Halifax

Bloomfield Rd, just because it's nuts or was with only three sides

Anfield in the late 70s

Maine Road - one visit was one too many for me.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 19:53 - Feb 21 with 1410 viewsAnotherJohn

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 17:45 - Feb 21 by Clinton

Maine Road - one visit was one too many for me.

I have a soft spot for the small, old grounds with the odd tree around. I liked Shrewsbury's Gay Meadow before it closed. Exeter's St James Park is still appealing I enjoyed my visits to Darlington's Feetham's ground (now gone) and its stand with the barrel roof. Twerton Park, Bath (used for a while by Bristol Rovers) is also an interesting ground.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 20:01 - Feb 21 with 1396 viewssP7qupUf

Footballwise I enjoyed a 0-0 away draw at Oldham in the Tosh era. We had a very warm welcome in their Supporters Club next to the ground. For some reason always enjoyed going to Leyton Orient, probably because the wife dropped me off outside the ground as she went on to visit her grandmother.... and I didn't have to go!!

Outside of football, I was peaking in the gates of the Melbourne Cricket Ground once and the groundsman invited me in and I took it in from the square. Jaw dropping. Also been the the Green Bay Packers stadium which is impressive. Stood outside Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres a week last Saturday. They had an open gay on but I couldn't go as my flight home was in four hours. Looked an impressive place and a well organised and well attended day.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 20:04 - Feb 21 with 1391 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Belper United - Scored a hat-trick in the first 10 minutes

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 20:04 - Feb 21 with 1391 viewspencoedjack

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 20:01 - Feb 21 by sP7qupUf

Footballwise I enjoyed a 0-0 away draw at Oldham in the Tosh era. We had a very warm welcome in their Supporters Club next to the ground. For some reason always enjoyed going to Leyton Orient, probably because the wife dropped me off outside the ground as she went on to visit her grandmother.... and I didn't have to go!!

Outside of football, I was peaking in the gates of the Melbourne Cricket Ground once and the groundsman invited me in and I took it in from the square. Jaw dropping. Also been the the Green Bay Packers stadium which is impressive. Stood outside Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres a week last Saturday. They had an open gay on but I couldn't go as my flight home was in four hours. Looked an impressive place and a well organised and well attended day.

I would say after Onion park Brisbane Rd is the away ground I have been to the most.

Always enjoyed a trip to the East end.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 20:08 - Feb 21 with 1384 viewsdailew

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 19:53 - Feb 21 by AnotherJohn

I have a soft spot for the small, old grounds with the odd tree around. I liked Shrewsbury's Gay Meadow before it closed. Exeter's St James Park is still appealing I enjoyed my visits to Darlington's Feetham's ground (now gone) and its stand with the barrel roof. Twerton Park, Bath (used for a while by Bristol Rovers) is also an interesting ground.

You'd have liked the old tree in the middle of the terrace at St Albans (now gone).

Prenton Park was another stadium I liked.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 23:29 - Feb 21 with 1312 viewsTNT

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 20:08 - Feb 21 by dailew

You'd have liked the old tree in the middle of the terrace at St Albans (now gone).

Prenton Park was another stadium I liked.

That'll be the supporters' branch.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 23:39 - Feb 21 with 1304 viewsbuilthjack

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 11:19 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

Surprised Eastville has got a mention from a few a dire shitehole close to the St Paul's district of Bristol if I remember correctly

Huge bank one end, stinking of gas, wooden stand down half a side, dog track around the pitch, full of character

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 23:50 - Feb 21 with 1294 viewsMuteswan

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 23:39 - Feb 21 by builthjack

Huge bank one end, stinking of gas, wooden stand down half a side, dog track around the pitch, full of character

Went to Eastville Boxing Day 1970(?). We travelled up in a Morris Minor and it started snowing and the windscreen wipers were the vacuum type on older vehicles , useless . Spent a lot of the journey with one arm out of the window wiping snow off the windscreen. The terraces were completely covered in ice, it was freezing and the game ended 0-0 . Merry Christmas Bristol.
Good laugh though.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 23:56 - Feb 21 with 1291 viewstrampie

Flinders Park [Australian tennis centre]
Del Mar [Californian horse racing track]
Somerton Park [Newport County old ground]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 00:04 - Feb 22 with 1284 viewsbuilthjack

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 23:56 - Feb 21 by trampie

I played at Somerton park for Clydach Utd in the 80s. About 80 watching! Against Newport YMCA.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 00:25 - Feb 22 with 1276 viewsjruss1

Westfalenstadion - Dortmund. Nothing else compares.
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 08:54 - Feb 22 with 1236 viewstrampie

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 23:56 - Feb 21 by trampie

If I had to pick one in England I would go for Walthamstow dog track.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 11:19 - Feb 22 with 1213 viewsrock1n

The Vetch, miss that place.

A proper football ground.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 11:53 - Feb 22 with 1201 viewsDaggyjack

The Vetch
Station Park - Forfar
Stadio Artemio Franchi - Fiorentina
Favourite stadium you've been to? ( After the Liberty of course!!) on 13:42 - Feb 22 with 1171 viewsmalagajack

Old San Mames, El Sardinero, Mestalla, Matmut Atlantique
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024