Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leyton Orient - Going down? 10:32 - Mar 15 with 775 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I really can't see how they can escape relegation now. Will be sad to see as they normally bring a decent amount of fans to the WHCS and it will be one of our most local fixtures gone, although it won't make a difference if we get promoted. Big if that though. Just goes to show how quickly things can change in football. It wasn't that long ago that they were 2-0 up at Wembley in the League One Play Off final. It's pretty much been a disaster since Barry Hearn went. Careful what you wish for Cowling haters.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Leyton Orient - Going down? on 12:00 - Mar 15 with 768 viewswessex_exile

Yep, they need nothing short of a miracle now to escape relegation. That being said, if relegation is the worst of it, I'll be happy, as they seem to be at genuine risk of folding completely, and I can't imagine anyone would wish that. There will no doubt be a huge following of the U's faithful at Brisbane Rd for our last away game of the season, but Orient will almost certainly be already relegated by then, I'm sure of it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Leyton Orient - Going down? on 13:49 - Mar 15 with 753 viewsDaniel

Sods law is when a team is relegated they then go one to win their remaining games, so I can see us having a fight on our hands for the three points.
Leyton Orient - Going down? on 14:04 - Mar 15 with 747 viewsLeadbelly

I have weekly updates on the Orient situation from an old mate who never misses a game, home or away. It would appear he and every other fan has been shafted by an owner who has a "plan" in which the football club plays a major part but said club is simply a resource to be exhausted and dumped unceremoniously when that "plan" comes to fruition. Money laundering has been alleged in several quarters.

The owner has set out the terms upon which he would sell the club. These have been met by several interested parties but still he will not treat. Barry Hearn is advising one consortium and the fan's group but there seems little prospect that he will actually be involved financially in any rescue attempt.

My mate reckons administration is nailed on although he remains hopeful liquidation can be avoided. I hope for his sake he is right.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Leyton Orient - Going down? on 17:15 - Mar 15 with 717 viewsburnsieespana

Wonder what Gavin Massey thinks now and hopefully wwe have been paid the fee and are therefore not a creditor!
Leyton Orient - Going down? on 22:37 - Mar 15 with 683 viewsBFG

It's a sad decline. 3 years ago they were challenging for promotion from League 1. I will ask Ohi Ori to comment.
Leyton Orient - Going down? on 09:04 - Mar 16 with 650 viewsfatpatabudhabi

I have hated Leyton Orient ever since we got given a huge 8-0 spanking by them many years ago. Never could forgive Keith Day for having left the U's to go to the O's.
Even with my irrational dislike, it is an extremely sad day. A club like Leyton Orient are definitely better in the league than out, and as stated by others, they always have a strong and loyal following.
The guy in charge has no interest in the club's fortunes whatsoever, and the sooner he is gone, and they hopefully come out the other side of administration, the better.
They definitely look to be cast adrift in one of those bottom two slots.
Again, agree with previous posts; not everything our Chairman does is to everyone's liking, and many may not agree with his logic. However, he IS trying to do SOMETHING, and there is no doubt that the intent is to better the fortunes of the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024