Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals 20:49 - Apr 25 with 2021 viewswessex_exile

Firstly, my apologies for the delay in providing the update, I was in Newcastle all week at a conference, and then Colchester all weekend for the U's followed by a school reunion. Still, a fascinating conclusion to the quarter-finals to report on.

Group 1
1} Burnsieespana 0/3 3pts
=2} Ethicsgirl 0/2 2pts
=2} Colukev 0/2 2pts
4} Gsy163 0/1 1pts

With slim pickings all round from the second legs, and particularly with the Real Madrid home win counting as an away win for Bayern Munich at the end of normal time, there were just solitary points for Burnsie, Ethics and Kev. Burnsie wins the group by one point, Ethics and Kev go into sudden death play-off for the second qualifying place, which given my tardiness getting back on to the U'sual will mean predicting the attendance for Orient v U's on Saturday (a heads-up that me and my youngest will be there, so +2 on your predictions). Congratulations for now to Burnsie, and commiserations to Guerno.

Group 2
1} Gate16 1/1 4pts
2} MFB 0/4 4pts
3} Wessex_exile 0/2 2pts
4} Jonestones 0/0 0pts

Well I said me and Gate would have to be separated by a spot-on result, and congratulations to Gate for getting exactly that with the Monaco 3 Dortmund 1 result. He finishes the group top on spot-ons, with the MFB prediction league juggernaut easily claiming second spot with a mightily impressive four outcomes (out of 8). That left me in third, and JT bringing up the rear after unfortunately missing the first leg predictions.

So, well done to Burnsie, Gate and MFB who are already in the hat for the semi-finals, and Ethics and Kev may I please have your attendance predictions for Orient vs U's at Brisbane Rd. Posting them here is fine, but if you'd rather then do PM them to me. I will make both public once I have them, and should either fail to make a prediction, they will be assigned an attendance prediction of zero. Winner will be closest to the actual attendance (obviously: this isn't Price Is Right chaps, you can't go bust).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 18:13 - May 5 with 535 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:52 - May 4 by wessex_exile

Not a bad call at all Burnsie - thanks!

If all four of you could do just that, and PM me your attendance prediction for U's v Yeovil, I will use those if a tie-break is require. However, as it is now Thursday evening, if I don't receive predictions from all four by kick-off on Saturday, I will assume someone hasn't had a chance to see this message, and to be even-handed, I will then choose an alternative option to predict.

Just going to bump this - two in, two to go.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:59 - May 5 with 528 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 18:13 - May 5 by wessex_exile

Just going to bump this - two in, two to go.

One to go.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:17 - May 5 with 524 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:59 - May 5 by wessex_exile

One to go.

All on board, so if a tie-break is needed we have a full compliment. I will keep the predictions to myself for now, so all I'll say is we have a spread of 1,087 between highest and lowest.

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 09:52 - May 7 with 502 viewsColukev

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:50 - May 2 by Colukev

Tuesday 2nd May 2017
Real Madrid v Atlético Madrid 2-0 (ronaldo) :)

Wednesday 3rd May 2017
Monaco v Juventus 1-2 (morata)

Tuesday 9th May 2017
Juventus v Monaco 2-0 (morata)

Wednesday 10th May 2017
Atlético Madrid v Real Madrid 1-1 (ronaldo)
[Post edited 2 May 2017 20:51]

When was somebody going to tell me Morata moved to Real Madrid!!! 😭
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 11:29 - May 7 with 494 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 09:52 - May 7 by Colukev

When was somebody going to tell me Morata moved to Real Madrid!!! 😭

Has he? I have no idea I'm afraid.

You still have time to can change your goalscorer, you just can't have Mbappe.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 15:31 - May 7 with 486 viewsColukev

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 11:29 - May 7 by wessex_exile

Has he? I have no idea I'm afraid.

You still have time to can change your goalscorer, you just can't have Mbappe.

Ill change to higuain!!
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:26 - May 7 with 476 viewsmfb_cufc

JUVENTUS 1 MONACO 0 (HIGUAIN)

ATLETICO MADRID 0 REAL MADRID 1 (RONALDO)

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 18:14 - May 10 with 443 viewswessex_exile

Cheers Kev and MFB

As a quick update prior to tonights final fixture, Juve's 2-1 victory over Monaco (with goals from Madzukic, Dani Alves and Mbappe) mean outcome points for Kev, Gate and MFB (but no spot-ons) and a goalscorer point for Burnsie with Mbappe.

So with everyone picking up a point, relatively speaking there has been no change from the end of the first legs, with the scores as follows:
Burnsieespana......5 v 2......Colukev
Gate16......4 v 8......MFB

As a reminder, Gate is still the only competitor with a spot-on prediction in the semi-finals. Good luck everyone for tonight (after which I'll reveal the U's v Yeovil attendance predictions).

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024