Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play-off contenders 22:56 - May 6 with 1045 viewswessex_exile

So, now all is said and done, who do we want to say cheerio to in the play-offs? With apologies to our Northern Branch, Carlisle are front and centre as my preferred team to be victorious in the play-offs...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Play-off contenders on 06:50 - May 7 with 1025 viewsLeadbelly

Least inconvenient option for sure but I suspect we will see Luton promoted, robbing most Us fans as a relatively easy away game and a potentially decent away turnout for the game at WHCS.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Play-off contenders on 09:22 - May 7 with 1004 viewsdurham_exile

Loathe them all, especially the Grecians after their pathetic performance yesterday.

Luton finished well above the others so I would imagine the Seasiders of Blackpool will prevail.

Carlisle at least showed some spirit yesterday.

As long as we go up next year and wave at Doncaster on the way down after their relegation form no wins in the last five games.

Ps I'm not really bitter just very disappointed, we deserved to be in the mix on merit and recent results.

Bring on the new season and the return from injury of the magnicent seven.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Play-off contenders on 09:27 - May 7 with 1000 viewsburnsieespana

Head says Luton but heart says Blackpool as think Bower done a terrific job under what must be far from easy conditions.
Play-off contenders on 14:12 - May 7 with 975 viewsMoor_Pinot

Carlisle - I'm with Wessex. They had the toughest second half of the season, found something at the end, have Jabo; good luck to 'em.

8th is a pity but by mid November we were 23rd, poorly run and poorly motivated.
Big Mr Guthrie changed a lot and I am thankful for a much more prosperous and hopeful 6 months since, such a change.

Next year will be harder. The quality of all 4 relegated sides suggests to that they will all be Doncaster-contenders, whilst the resurgence of Notts Co is obvious. 2 of the 3 losing play-off sides will be strong Luton or Blackpool or indeed Carlisle and then there will be Lincoln.

So....we need fitness, an injury free summer and some shrewd signings. My Reading connections suggest we could get Fosu if Reading go up. An experienced CH to give George a rest might help too.

Up the U's. But, yes, Carlisle preferred please.

Moor Pinot

Play-off contenders on 21:39 - May 29 with 798 viewswessex_exile

Well, the answer to the question is au revoir to Blackpool, and see you very soon Luton, Carlisle and Exeter. Delighted for the long-suffering supporters of Blackpool, very much less so for the Oystons and the additional profit they are likely to generate in League 1.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024