Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts 09:58 - May 7 with 10237 viewsFruitbat

A lot of players out of contract.

Those with first team appearances to their names:

Akinwande
Briggs
Brill
Brindley
Doyley
Eastman
Edge
Elokobi
Kinsella
Porter
Vincent-Young
Wright

Who stays?
Contracts on 19:21 - Jul 8 with 2428 viewsbwildered

Thought that Bankole was brought in on recommendation of Aiden Davidson . Ben Williams became a better keeper, especially claiming corners under his coaching .
Agree more competition should be placed on Big Sam, who has done well without, but needs to be kept sharper.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 8:44]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Contracts on 20:14 - Jul 10 with 2302 viewsLeadbelly

Brindley has signed for Barnet. A long way from a step up in class which suggests we didn't offer enough money.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Contracts on 22:14 - Jul 10 with 2234 viewsnoah4x4

Contracts on 20:14 - Jul 10 by Leadbelly

Brindley has signed for Barnet. A long way from a step up in class which suggests we didn't offer enough money.

Or Barnet have offered too much; or Brindley has panicked because no higher ranked club have made an offer.
Contracts on 22:26 - Jul 10 with 2223 viewsLeadbelly

Contracts on 22:14 - Jul 10 by noah4x4

Or Barnet have offered too much; or Brindley has panicked because no higher ranked club have made an offer.

What I meant was we didn't offer enough money to satisfy Brindley. His departure bothers me far less than Porter's and Elokobi's.

Contracts on 18:51 - Jul 11 with 2088 viewsbwildered

Has the glimmer twins state - you can't always get what you want !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Contracts on 21:25 - Jul 11 with 2058 viewsnoah4x4

Ex U's loanee Rekeil Pike has gone to Port Vale on season's loan and immediately scores twice in a pre-season friendly. Failed to score in 12 outings for us, never even looked like scoring. Noted only for his booking at Crewe where some wag cried "don't give him your name Pike"......stupid boy!
Contracts on 22:12 - Jul 11 with 2040 viewsLeadbelly

Contracts on 21:25 - Jul 11 by noah4x4

Ex U's loanee Rekeil Pike has gone to Port Vale on season's loan and immediately scores twice in a pre-season friendly. Failed to score in 12 outings for us, never even looked like scoring. Noted only for his booking at Crewe where some wag cried "don't give him your name Pike"......stupid boy!

"Some way"? Good one!

Contracts on 11:50 - Jul 12 with 1985 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Contracts on 20:14 - Jul 10 by Leadbelly

Really disappointed by this. I expected him to sign for a League One club at least. It must've come down to the money. My feeling is that we probably offered him a pay cut on his current deal and he took offence to that and walked. I'd be surprised if Barnet are paying him more than we offered but maybe they are.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Contracts on 17:48 - Jul 12 with 1948 viewsFruitbat

Contracts on 11:50 - Jul 12 by RSCOSWORTH

Really disappointed by this. I expected him to sign for a League One club at least. It must've come down to the money. My feeling is that we probably offered him a pay cut on his current deal and he took offence to that and walked. I'd be surprised if Barnet are paying him more than we offered but maybe they are.

More to the point, I suspect he expected to sign for a L1 club as well but the demand wasn't there and by the time that became apparent we'd already set up Jackson as a replacement.
Contracts on 19:53 - Jul 12 with 1921 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Contracts on 17:48 - Jul 12 by Fruitbat

More to the point, I suspect he expected to sign for a L1 club as well but the demand wasn't there and by the time that became apparent we'd already set up Jackson as a replacement.

I think you could be right there. I hope Jackson is up to the task as Brindley was decent for us.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Contracts on 20:32 - Jul 13 with 1865 viewsjonestones

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/colchesterunited/15406601.Colchester_United_
Contracts on 00:19 - Jul 14 with 1838 viewsdurham_exile

Contracts on 20:32 - Jul 13 by jonestones

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/colchesterunited/15406601.Colchester_United_

IMHO Blackstock would be an excellent signing if we can tempt him.
An opportunity for him to resurrect his career and for the club to obtain a goal scorer with proven ability.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Contracts on 10:46 - Jul 14 with 1819 viewsgerry_us

Contracts on 00:19 - Jul 14 by durham_exile

An opportunity for him to resurrect his career and for the club to obtain a goal scorer with proven ability.
Up the U's

Aka Jamie Cureton, Chris Iwelumo, Kevin Lisbie etc etc.
We seem to have the knack of re-invigorating players "of the past".
Why not Dexter Blackstock?
Contracts on 17:17 - Jul 14 with 1768 viewsFruitbat

Bonne to Orient. Not convinced McGreal ever thought he was good enough and I'm inclined to agree with him. Definitely room in the squad for another centre forward now.
Contracts on 16:24 - Jul 15 with 1694 viewsdurham_exile

Contracts on 00:19 - Jul 14 by durham_exile

Up the U's

In other news Cole Kpekawa who was previously on loan at Colchester looks set to sign from Barnsley.

It is all quiet on the Blackstock front however.

Striker definitely needed.

Up the numerically challenged U's

Durham_exile

Contracts on 17:41 - Jul 15 with 1676 viewsLeadbelly

Contracts on 16:24 - Jul 15 by durham_exile

In other news Cole Kpekawa who was previously on loan at Colchester looks set to sign from Barnsley.

It is all quiet on the Blackstock front however.

Striker definitely needed.

Up the numerically challenged U's

Kpekawa was not very good when on loan previously and has failed to impress in one season at Barnsley. Apparently a left back.

Contracts on 18:03 - Jul 17 with 1617 viewsnoah4x4

Contracts on 17:41 - Jul 15 by Leadbelly

Kpekawa was not very good when on loan previously and has failed to impress in one season at Barnsley. Apparently a left back.

Agreed Lead', he wasn't too robust when here before, but he was an 18 year old lanky skinny kid thrown in the deep end far too early like so many other Colchester Utd kids of that era.

OK, he, hasn't made it at QPR or Barnsley (but nor has Moncur that many U's fans worshipped), and has merely 1 Premier league appearance (QPR), 1 Championship (QPR) ; 4 Division One (U's) and 11 Division Two (brief loans at Portsmouth and Orient) under his belt. But he is still only age 21. Each loan spell was terminated by his recall to cover injury by Barnsley so he must have been perceived of some value at Championship level. But like another mere 21 year old; Bonne, he largely warmed the bench.

Some are moaning that Bonne was never given a chance, but Kpekawa has had even less opportunity, but has been noticed suffice to represent England at U20 and was evidently rated by QPR and Barnsley, if perhaps not good enough to sustain that level. By contrast, there was no evidence of any interest from higher divisions in Bonne, who has 57 Division One appearances and 18 Division Two, so enough time in the 'shop window'. Both are simply rekindling careers at lower levels to get back into that 'shop window'.

Yes, Kpekawa remains unproven, and might be another Dominic Vose (loads of young promise), but definitely worth a punt at age 21. Might even be our shrewdest signing.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 18:26]
Contracts on 20:51 - Jul 17 with 1585 viewsLeadbelly

Contracts on 18:03 - Jul 17 by noah4x4

Agreed Lead', he wasn't too robust when here before, but he was an 18 year old lanky skinny kid thrown in the deep end far too early like so many other Colchester Utd kids of that era.

OK, he, hasn't made it at QPR or Barnsley (but nor has Moncur that many U's fans worshipped), and has merely 1 Premier league appearance (QPR), 1 Championship (QPR) ; 4 Division One (U's) and 11 Division Two (brief loans at Portsmouth and Orient) under his belt. But he is still only age 21. Each loan spell was terminated by his recall to cover injury by Barnsley so he must have been perceived of some value at Championship level. But like another mere 21 year old; Bonne, he largely warmed the bench.

Some are moaning that Bonne was never given a chance, but Kpekawa has had even less opportunity, but has been noticed suffice to represent England at U20 and was evidently rated by QPR and Barnsley, if perhaps not good enough to sustain that level. By contrast, there was no evidence of any interest from higher divisions in Bonne, who has 57 Division One appearances and 18 Division Two, so enough time in the 'shop window'. Both are simply rekindling careers at lower levels to get back into that 'shop window'.

Yes, Kpekawa remains unproven, and might be another Dominic Vose (loads of young promise), but definitely worth a punt at age 21. Might even be our shrewdest signing.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 18:26]

It is a while since he failed to impress on loan at Col U so let's hope he has improved from then. What concerns me somewhat is my one and only QPR supporting friend says he was very highly regarded whilst there but the knock on him was always about his attitude. Perhaps being moved on from Barnsley will make him realise he needs to change (assuming the story is true, of course)

Contracts on 21:48 - Jul 17 with 1569 viewsnoah4x4

Contracts on 20:51 - Jul 17 by Leadbelly

It is a while since he failed to impress on loan at Col U so let's hope he has improved from then. What concerns me somewhat is my one and only QPR supporting friend says he was very highly regarded whilst there but the knock on him was always about his attitude. Perhaps being moved on from Barnsley will make him realise he needs to change (assuming the story is true, of course)

How often do we hear the word 'attitude'?

Dominic Vose; Medy Elito; maybe even Bonne? All fantastic talents that never fulfilled their promise. Contrast that with other young professionals like Alex Gilbey; Greg Halford, Michael Antonio etc. that quietly went about their profession, and respected coaches etc. All praise to Guthrie too. Spoke his mind, upset some fans, listened to the wisdom of the coaching staff, and won over fans simply by doing his job.

My school report once said "Noah says it is all my fault. For his sake I hope that is true". Then "leaving school is a wise option". It took me some years to rid myself of my 'attitude' problem and become successful in my career. Other 'drop outs' with greater talents were less successful than me as were many that stayed the righteous course. But it isn't about luck. Hopefully Mr Kpekawa will realise at the tender age of 21 that he now has to take personal responsibility for his destiny. I reckon WHTC might be the perfect environment for him to flourish. So welcome!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 21:53]
Contracts on 22:21 - Jul 17 with 1556 viewsdurham_exile

Contracts on 21:48 - Jul 17 by noah4x4

How often do we hear the word 'attitude'?

Dominic Vose; Medy Elito; maybe even Bonne? All fantastic talents that never fulfilled their promise. Contrast that with other young professionals like Alex Gilbey; Greg Halford, Michael Antonio etc. that quietly went about their profession, and respected coaches etc. All praise to Guthrie too. Spoke his mind, upset some fans, listened to the wisdom of the coaching staff, and won over fans simply by doing his job.

My school report once said "Noah says it is all my fault. For his sake I hope that is true". Then "leaving school is a wise option". It took me some years to rid myself of my 'attitude' problem and become successful in my career. Other 'drop outs' with greater talents were less successful than me as were many that stayed the righteous course. But it isn't about luck. Hopefully Mr Kpekawa will realise at the tender age of 21 that he now has to take personal responsibility for his destiny. I reckon WHTC might be the perfect environment for him to flourish. So welcome!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 21:53]

The difference in Macca Bonne's case is the club didnt give him the chance to shine.

I have no problem with Kpekawa, he has arrived at the club and will be a useful addition to the team.

It is the senseless waste of talent in the case of Bonne, where Colchester let him down.

Watch him score goals for our East London friends.

This has all the classic hallmarks of a Pogba or Keane (Michael), Bonne will return to the club, perhaps in the next couple of years.

Anyway perhaps we might secure Blackstock's services.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024