Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper / Coach 18:42 - Jul 11 with 1428 viewsbwildered

New keeper coach states that he wants first team selection . Is this realistic being your coach & rival ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Keeper / Coach on 22:23 - Jul 11 with 1411 viewsLeadbelly

I did ponder this and came to the following conclusion...having ambition to play in the first team is no problem, even if you are coaching the man ahead of you in the pecking order, if you also have ambitions to become a full time coach in the future. If he does a poor job now with Walker and Barnes he runs the risk of affecting future employment prospects in his planned profession.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Keeper / Coach on 11:46 - Jul 12 with 1383 viewsRSCOSWORTH

It worked well with Davison and Gerken.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Keeper / Coach on 20:12 - Jan 15 with 1151 viewsbwildered

Thought I would revisit this. A bizarre situation developing . Gilmartin is a able replacement in waiting for the No1 jersey should a change be required .Until two weeks ago big Sam stated that he was happy with his form. But a ten man display and also a change of formation and personal and seven goals conceeded at the back have not helped the situation .
So when does the coach say he could do better over big Sam ?

Keeper / Coach on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 1148 viewsLeadbelly

Keeper / Coach on 20:12 - Jan 15 by bwildered

Thought I would revisit this. A bizarre situation developing . Gilmartin is a able replacement in waiting for the No1 jersey should a change be required .Until two weeks ago big Sam stated that he was happy with his form. But a ten man display and also a change of formation and personal and seven goals conceeded at the back have not helped the situation .
So when does the coach say he could do better over big Sam ?

Not Gilmartin's decision to make. And before McGreal ponders a change he would need to ask why we have shipped 7 goals in the last couple of games. Not convinced Walker has been at fault for any of them.

Keeper / Coach on 22:04 - Jan 15 with 1135 viewsdurham_exile

Keeper / Coach on 20:47 - Jan 15 by Leadbelly

Not Gilmartin's decision to make. And before McGreal ponders a change he would need to ask why we have shipped 7 goals in the last couple of games. Not convinced Walker has been at fault for any of them.

No harm in giving Rene a go in goal.
JM needs to ring changes so why not.

Walker definitely could have saved the first on Saturday but that is not the point.

Up to JM to choose the team, can he ensure that the Mariners are battered on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Keeper / Coach on 22:52 - Jan 15 with 1128 viewsmfb_cufc

Regarding Walker, I agree with a lot Gerry has to say about him, and I have never had a great deal of confidence in him. But we have had a lot of clean sheets recently. Are we saying if we get a clean sheet it is all down to the defence, and when we concede seven in two games it is the goalkeepers fault. Against a dreadful Cheltenham side Walker was the MOTM, as it could have been 6 or 7, as we parked the bus in the second-half but forgot to put the handbrake on, and left him totally exposed. IMO Walker will be number 1 for the rest of the season, unless he is sold/injured.

mfb

Keeper / Coach on 18:44 - Oct 13 with 760 viewsbwildered

It will never happen !
Wonder how many other coaches have developed themselves to first team keeper whilst coached your rivals to the bench ?

Keeper / Coach on 18:53 - Oct 13 with 751 viewsLeadbelly

Keeper / Coach on 18:44 - Oct 13 by bwildered

It will never happen !
Wonder how many other coaches have developed themselves to first team keeper whilst coached your rivals to the bench ?

First time I’ve seen Gilmartin in action and have only seen Barnes a couple of times so small sample size for both but I thought Gilmartin distributed the ball better, communicated better and looked a more assured and reassuring presence in goal. Decision to make for McGreal.

Login to get fewer ads

Keeper / Coach on 20:35 - Oct 13 with 721 viewswessex_exile

Gilmartin against Southend gave me severe conniptions, today he was much better, but in answer to your question Bwildered, I'm pretty sure the commentary today said that Crawley's Morris (who was very good despite the 3 he couldn't do much about) was originally brought in as their goalkeeping coach?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024