Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie Watkins to Brentford 20:17 - Jul 20 with 704 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester's tormentor in their 3-0 defeat against the Grecians has signed for Brentford for £1.8m.

Some clubs had considered that they might have to part with £4m so the London side will be delighted to pick the 21 year old for what looks like a bargain price.

Brentford have signalled their intent for the coming season.

Meanwhile we still need a recognised striker.

Upmthe U's

Durham_exile

Ollie Watkins to Brentford on 20:30 - Jul 20 with 699 viewsLeadbelly

Jacob Murphy to Newcastle for £12m. I know transfer fees are ridiculous but £12m...really?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ollie Watkins to Brentford on 20:50 - Jul 20 with 686 viewsnoah4x4

I thought we could claim £40k for each year that an Academy graduate had under our tuition whilst they remain age 21 or under?

So I wonder what price for McCauley Bonne? According to transfermarket. co.uk his 'valuation' was £85k. Whilst in February 2015 his market value was £43k and as at October 2015 £64k. Don't know how they assess this when such ludicrous numbers are being paid for Watkins and Murphy.

But if Watkins can attract £1.8M we are not going to get somebody of his calibre on our low gates unless we do develop young players and/or sell them on at decent profit.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 20:51]
Ollie Watkins to Brentford on 12:37 - Jul 21 with 632 viewsburnsieespana

If we got £85k for Bonne I reckon a good deal for us.
Importantly transfer fees count as part of turnover in the fair play system so last year, with a couple of decent sales, our turnover was boosted and thereby gave us extra clout with signing players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024