Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGreal balls . 10:47 - Jul 22 with 17668 viewsbwildered

Kpekawa - great fit for the club - unfit to play against WHU .

Season 2016/17 - would have made the play offs if we had another couple of matches .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

McGreal balls . on 12:00 - Mar 3 with 3048 viewsbwildered

Pre match interview released to the media before postponed Jerry .

Probably got his Subbuteo out Sat PM (Team No 51 ) and had a tinker about with his formations .

McGreal balls . on 15:20 - Mar 3 with 3032 viewsgerry_us

McGreal balls . on 12:00 - Mar 3 by bwildered

Pre match interview released to the media before postponed Jerry .

Probably got his Subbuteo out Sat PM (Team No 51 ) and had a tinker about with his formations .

I wouldn't get on him winning a Subutteo game at present.
McGreal balls . on 16:53 - Mar 4 with 3004 viewsmfb_cufc

Pre Morecambe:-

“The boys have been terrific for us since I’ve been in charge and we can count on one hand when we haven’t performed"

All I can say to that is you must have an awful lot of fingers on your hand McGreal.

mfb

McGreal balls . on 17:47 - Mar 7 with 2932 viewsbwildered

Post Arsenal u18 defeat .

No not wise words for JM , but U's youth boss Chris Llewellyn .

“For an hour, it looked like everyone believed they could win but goals change games.”

McGreal balls . on 19:36 - Mar 10 with 2839 viewsbwildered

Post Mansfield .

“We’re not here to beat around the bush — we’re here to make progress.

Anyone know the number for a gardener to trim some bushes ?

McGreal balls . on 17:51 - Mar 17 with 2743 viewsbwildered

Post Yeovil

“Those play-offs do look a bit distant now,” confessed McGreal.

Not even Easter JMc, two seasons of incompetence ,another will find us in the Vanderama judging by performances and results in your charge .
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 18:20]

McGreal balls . on 23:08 - Mar 17 with 2701 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 17:51 - Mar 17 by bwildered

Post Yeovil

“Those play-offs do look a bit distant now,” confessed McGreal.

Not even Easter JMc, two seasons of incompetence ,another will find us in the Vanderama judging by performances and results in your charge .
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 18:20]

A bit distant? More like a rapidly decreasing dot on the horizon.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

McGreal balls . (n/t) on 08:10 - Mar 18 with 2686 viewsbwildered

Login to get fewer ads

McGreal balls . on 08:22 - Mar 18 with 2680 viewsbwildered

trying to win games of football and there are a lot of boys with contracts to think about.

Good on your CV - first teamer, lower D2 side that cannot make play off , and defeated by non league side in FACup .

McGreal balls . on 05:49 - Mar 21 with 2606 viewsbwildered

Post Morecombe

"It was that attacking third again - we do get up into those areas with good play and it's just that little bit of inventiveness, in and around the box.

Called lack of quality JMc .

McGreal balls . on 06:35 - Mar 21 with 2602 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 05:49 - Mar 21 by bwildered

Post Morecombe

"It was that attacking third again - we do get up into those areas with good play and it's just that little bit of inventiveness, in and around the box.

Called lack of quality JMc .

4 shots in 90 minutes would suggest we didn't get in "those areas" very often last night.

2 points from last 5 games is a dismal recent run and just 12 points from 13 games since the start of 2018 shows the rot is set in firmly. Most clubs would sack a manager in these circumstances...Mr Cowling will probably be ordering a statue.

McGreal balls . on 13:27 - Mar 24 with 2529 viewsbwildered

Pre Stevenage

It’s been a while since we won a game, and we are still pushing,” explained McGreal.

“And yes, it has surprised me, having been in-and-around it (the play-offs) for so long.

“We have usually managed to pull it around, which we did last year.

“But I think this season we have drawn too many games, and also not scored enough goals.

Wondered where it all went wrong ! Anyway we are still pushing , call the midwife .

McGreal balls . on 14:50 - Mar 24 with 2518 viewsgerry_us

Bugger
Thought he was about to say "goodbye".
McGreal balls . on 18:17 - Mar 24 with 2503 viewsbwildered

Post Stevenage

Boro rarely threatened an equaliser, so McGreal’s men finally ended their lean spell — it was their first victory in six matches.

“I thought some of our football was out of this world, especially in the first half, “ enthused McGreal.

“I always thought that it was good we had a couple of away games, after struggling at home with a couple of poor performances and a couple of poor results.

Certainly been in another galaxy JMc , but finally back to earth .

McGreal balls . on 21:01 - Mar 30 with 2408 viewsbwildered

Post Luton.
I can’t think of Walks (keeper Sam Walker) really having a shot to save, in what was a thoroughly good game of football.”

Referring to Luke Berry’s third minute injury, which caused a 12-minute suspension in play, McGreal said: “It was a terrible injury, and we got the lads off (the pitch). It was bitterly disappointing for the boy because again he has been performing to a high standard this year.

“I don’t like to see fellow professionals go down with such injuries, and we are all hoping he is OK.

One wonders how we can drop home points previously after performances like this JMc . Agree nobody wants players leaving the field in this way, let's hope he makes a full quick recovery .

McGreal balls . on 18:44 - Apr 2 with 2350 viewsbwildered

Post FGR .

“Forest Green needed the win just as much as us, for different reasons, so this was a good all-round away team performance.

“But I’m not going to become embroiled in any talk of the play-offs.

Got to be mindful of how many games in this league JMc, good call.

McGreal balls . on 17:56 - Apr 7 with 2254 viewsbwildered

Post Stanley .

Coleman, said: “Colchester are a good side and they posed us a few problems.

“But I don’t think anyone could begrudge us this win. We created the better chances.

“I thought this was a typical Accrington performance.

“Our aim from day one of this season was to get automatic promotion, and the players have really bought into that,” added Coleman.

Comfortable win for the vistors . Our aim on day one JMc - answers on a post card .

McGreal balls . on 18:33 - Apr 14 with 2154 viewsbwildered

Post Notts C

“I thought we dominated for large chunks of the game. They had three shots and scored three goals.”

Even us numbskulls can see we have not progressed off and on the field this season. Time for McG and Ball to stand down, has even the basics for next season look less than convincing .
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 18:49]

McGreal balls . on 19:39 - Apr 14 with 2137 viewsgerry_us

McGreal balls . on 18:33 - Apr 14 by bwildered

Post Notts C

“I thought we dominated for large chunks of the game. They had three shots and scored three goals.”

Even us numbskulls can see we have not progressed off and on the field this season. Time for McG and Ball to stand down, has even the basics for next season look less than convincing .
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 18:49]

Good job they didn't have more shots then!
McGreal balls . on 20:04 - Apr 14 with 2130 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 19:39 - Apr 14 by gerry_us

Good job they didn't have more shots then!

Possession was 50/50 and we probably had more shots BUT their 'keeper had a quiet afternoon after the early goal. Scoring goals is a real problem.

Regardless of what Mandron may bring as a centre forward I'm afraid he isn't a natural goalscorer and he missed a sitter today. Szmodics was anonymous again and his good run late last year is now looking like an abberation rather than what we should expect on a regular basis. Beyond that goals are spread thinly.

McGreal balls . on 10:59 - Apr 17 with 2039 viewsbwildered

Post Notts County

“We had 14 to 16 shots against Notts County (3-1 home defeat on Saturday). We have been hitting these targets and numbers every week, playing with plenty of width and pace, but we’ve only got two players with double figures this year. That proves we haven’t been good enough in this area.

Hitting those targets every week JMc ?
Have not been good enough in every area JMc , including team selection , subs and loanees , hence mid table mediocrity .

McGreal balls . on 20:56 - Apr 21 with 1955 viewsbwildered

Post Lincoln

“We have the nucleus of a good side, and things will happen this summer, no shadow of doubt about that,” added McGreal.

Taxi for McG .

McGreal balls . on 21:13 - Apr 21 with 1949 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 20:56 - Apr 21 by bwildered

Post Lincoln

“We have the nucleus of a good side, and things will happen this summer, no shadow of doubt about that,” added McGreal.

Taxi for McG .

Nucleus of a good side? Pity we don't have the management to exploit that.

Things will happen this summer? Undoubtedly. Whether any of those things will actually improve performances, results and league position remains to be seen.

And what happened to giving it a really good go? Three defeats on the bounce isn't quite what we needed.

McGreal balls . on 17:49 - Apr 23 with 1844 viewsbwildered

Post Lincoln

John McGreal said his team got hit by a late “sucker” at Lincoln City as his U’s side didn’t want to just play out a draw at Sincil Bank.

Having no info on the game, except result, read the above quote and then saw the highlights.
Very surprised given the above quote that that we did not lose possession in Lincoln half and counted all but one of our own players had parked the bus and still conceeded.

Only one lot of suckers here !

McGreal balls . on 20:14 - Apr 28 with 1770 viewsbwildered

Post Swindon
“Had it been a boxing match, it would have been over and I’m pleased with how we applied ourselves.
“We been stressing all week not to go out with a whimper in front of our fans.

Another boxing match where we fail to hit the target JcM . Two sides fulfilling the fixture.
Playing one up front in the final home fixture of the season, shows a whimper than a whirlwind.
Showed a glass chin in many home fixtures, failed around without enough strong punches in the areas that hurt anyone .

Hoped you enjoyed McG balls this season, trying to bring sense to the quotes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024