Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGreal balls . 10:47 - Jul 22 with 17565 viewsbwildered

Kpekawa - great fit for the club - unfit to play against WHU .

Season 2016/17 - would have made the play offs if we had another couple of matches .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

McGreal balls . on 11:50 - Jul 22 with 6818 viewsLeadbelly

"the Cuban opens his legs and shows his class"

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

McGreal balls . on 12:36 - Aug 13 with 6680 viewsbwildered

We could have won the game in the end, with the chances that we had.
Post Stevenage - Sorry JM, visitors keeper had a distinctly easy afternoon .

McGreal balls . on 12:57 - Aug 13 with 6673 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 12:36 - Aug 13 by bwildered

We could have won the game in the end, with the chances that we had.
Post Stevenage - Sorry JM, visitors keeper had a distinctly easy afternoon .

We had two efforts on target so i'm afraid McGreal must have been watching a different game to the rest of us.

McGreal balls . on 21:35 - Aug 19 with 6578 viewsbwildered

“It made it a very different team talk and took the wind out of our sails.
Luton - after going down one down on the stroke of half time . So we went out and conceded another soon after .

McGreal balls . on 22:13 - Aug 19 with 6563 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 21:35 - Aug 19 by bwildered

“It made it a very different team talk and took the wind out of our sails.
Luton - after going down one down on the stroke of half time . So we went out and conceded another soon after .

Team talk after conceding a goal before half time? Done that a few times before I reckon.

McGreal balls . on 07:47 - Aug 27 with 6422 viewsbwildered

McGreal said: “I thought some of our football was out of this world.
After the 5-1 thumping at home to FGR - but present pointless on our away travels on this planet .

McGreal balls . on 19:18 - Aug 30 with 6349 viewsbwildered

“We played some good football into a lot of final third entries and could really have scored six or seven rather than just the two we did.
JM summary 2-2 draw Reading U21 Checkatrade Trophy - highlights suggest apart from two goals only had another chance on target .

McGreal balls . on 18:51 - Sep 2 with 6273 viewsbwildered

“We were more competitive this afternoon, than in our previous two away games, but we have still ended up losing the game.
JM post match comments at Cambridge after 1-0 away defeat .

Another pointless away performance - but we are improving are losing .

Login to get fewer ads

McGreal balls . on 19:38 - Sep 2 with 6258 viewsBlueStripes

McGreal is just another in a long line of recent managers who, quite frankly is just not up to the job. The desperate deadline day fiasco of signing 5 players, all of them 'serial loanees' not really wanted by any other clubs, just highlights how out of his depth he is. I think it's just a matter of time before this club sinks into non-league obscurity, if not this season then next or the one after, probably never to return. Depressing times indeed.
McGreal balls . on 13:46 - Sep 17 with 6103 viewsbwildered

We have shown naivety at times, and it’s not good enough in both boxes.

Post match Cheltenham - think both boxes mean byline to half way line .

McGreal balls . on 19:41 - Sep 23 with 6013 viewsbwildered

“But looking at the game overall, we had 17 or 18 shots on goal with ten or 11 on target and we keep going back to us not being sharp enough in both boxes.

Post Wycombe - Shot count must have included back passes - JM it's called lack of quality .

McGreal balls . on 18:40 - Sep 27 with 5925 viewsbwildered

"It's a good point on our travels and hopefully, it's the start of many.

Post match Grimsby - JM , it's not a good points , it's are ONLY point.
Usually drop three points , at least only two this time .

McGreal balls . on 18:55 - Sep 30 with 5842 viewsbwildered

"I thought we showed a lot of grit, determination and also composure, so it was a good performance.

Post match Yeovil . Congrats JM . Lets now do it with regularity please .
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 17:56]

McGreal balls . on 18:56 - Oct 7 with 5772 viewsbwildered

“It’s great for us because we want to build a bit of momentum and keep getting point.

Post Mansfield- Only three games undefeated JM, let's not get too excited .
[Post edited 7 Oct 2017 18:56]

McGreal balls . on 18:49 - Oct 14 with 5674 viewsbwildered

“We have these opportunities every week and keepers are putting in some good performances.

Post Carlise - Strangely that is what they are paid to do JM . Big Sam never made a save but ended n the losing side .

McGreal balls . on 18:56 - Oct 14 with 5669 viewsgerry_us

McGreal balls . on 18:49 - Oct 14 by bwildered

“We have these opportunities every week and keepers are putting in some good performances.

Post Carlise - Strangely that is what they are paid to do JM . Big Sam never made a save but ended n the losing side .

It seems we come up against the best keeper in the league "every week?" Luckily there are teams at the bottom of the league that are suffering much worse than we are. I can't even talk football to my daughter who lives and (sort of) "supports" Chesterfield. Oh my!
McGreal balls . on 19:16 - Oct 14 with 5663 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal balls . on 18:56 - Oct 14 by gerry_us

It seems we come up against the best keeper in the league "every week?" Luckily there are teams at the bottom of the league that are suffering much worse than we are. I can't even talk football to my daughter who lives and (sort of) "supports" Chesterfield. Oh my!

We don't. Our finishing lacks composure which means we don't take simple chances that other teams seem to bury without too much bother.

McGreal balls . on 07:54 - Oct 18 with 5573 viewsbwildered

McGreal said: "I'm sure clubs up and down our league wouldn't have fancied us tonight but we do have a bit of resilience.

Post Newport - Resilience, defended deep but this time got away with it . Three points always welcome though JM .

McGreal balls . on 20:56 - Oct 21 with 5509 viewsbwildered

“Coventry have suffered a little blip of late, but they are still a top team who are targeting a top three finish.

Post Coventry - Let's hope we all are JM.

McGreal balls . on 19:42 - Oct 28 with 5446 viewsbwildered

“But now we are starting to hit the points total that we have been targeting.”

Post Crewe - Enough to get up or stay up ?

McGreal balls . on 08:18 - Oct 29 with 5418 viewsburnsieespana

Not so wrong about Coventry as evidently destroyed Luton yesterday according to my mate so maybe our draw was a lot better than many thought.
McGreal balls . on 17:59 - Nov 4 with 5348 viewsbwildered

But we snatched at things, and we didn’t show enough composure on the day.

Post Oxford City - JMc you forget also passion, desire or urgency against a non league team that barely broke sweat .
What we did show was some players and mangement are clearly out of there depth .
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 18:00]

McGreal balls . on 19:09 - Nov 4 with 5326 viewsbwildered

McGreal said: "It's really, really sore - we've hit the headlines for the wrong reasons.

"We talk about character on the pitch when you losing 1-0 but now it's how they come in tomorrow because we have to move on.

"It's really disappointing - I've had this before as a player and now as a manager.

Post Oxford - Game finished Sat 17-00 hrs JMc , cannot be proactive TOMORROW !!!

McGreal balls . on 08:34 - Nov 5 with 5278 viewsbwildered

"It's a cup competition that generates a lot of money for the club and we wanted to do well for the fans and for the club.

"It hasn't worked but there's no use dwelling on it - we have to move on because the games come thick and fast."

Quite right JMc, lets just sweep this embrassment and incompetence of a 1-0 home defeat, against a non league side, two divisions below us, who are near enough bottom, under the carpet (where's the Henry ) .

A SPECIAL FA CUP EDITION JMc balls - because the gems keep coming

McGreal balls . on 06:12 - Nov 8 with 5200 viewsbwildered

Post Southend - Chuckaturd Special - Sadly JMc cup filleth cover ..
Colchester United head coach John McGreal admits he was disappointed with the performance of his side after they were beaten 2-0 at Southend United tonight to bow out of this season’s Checkatrade Trophy.

The U’s made nine changes to their starting line-up for their final Group B game at Roots Hall, which they had to win to progress to the knockout stages of the competition.

McGreal said: “It wasn’t good.
“They were players who have played in the first team and it wasn’t a weakened team, as such.
“We’ve asked them to put in a performance but they haven’t been able to do that.
“I was expecting more from the players who were given their opportunity to impress.
“We’ve brought players in who have been in the first team before but they looked off the pace at times with their decisions.
“One or two have put in a good shift but others haven’t.”
“With their first goal, we’re trying to switch a 60-yard ball when it’s not on and the shot comes in and they get a tap in,” added McGreal.

“We addressed things at half-time but then within a minute, you’re looking for height and distance on your header and you don’t get it and it falls to their lad and they score.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024