Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
V Ipswich 15:58 - Jul 25 with 1163 viewsburnsieespana

Good to see Doug Loft back in the squad as feel we might be very glad of his experience over the next few weeks. Just hope we can keep him fit!
V Ipswich on 16:35 - Jul 25 with 1147 viewsdurham_exile

Burnsie, whilst I never take too much stock in pre season games, this fixture always creates interest and neither team will want to lose.

Colchester have less than 2 weeks to the start of the season and Kurtis Guthrie will definitely miss the first three or four games.

I agree experienced players like Loft are needed particularly when we have a youthful squad. JM has now confirmed he is not looking to secure any more signings and so it is vital that our injury list does not increase further.

I think that both defence and midfield look strong and JM is likely to continue with three at the back, which has proven effective.

Whether he then plays 3,4,3 or 3,5,2 will probably depend on games at home or away.

I would like to see 2 strikers or two wide players and a CF. Tonight's game will see a team not a million miles away from that which will play at the Wham stadium.

It should be a feisty match.

A betting man will I am sure have already put his money on McCarthy becoming the first championship managerial casualty and probably before the end of August. Bring it on!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

V Ipswich on 17:02 - Jul 25 with 1129 viewspwrightsknees

V Ipswich on 16:35 - Jul 25 by durham_exile

Burnsie, whilst I never take too much stock in pre season games, this fixture always creates interest and neither team will want to lose.

Colchester have less than 2 weeks to the start of the season and Kurtis Guthrie will definitely miss the first three or four games.

I agree experienced players like Loft are needed particularly when we have a youthful squad. JM has now confirmed he is not looking to secure any more signings and so it is vital that our injury list does not increase further.

I think that both defence and midfield look strong and JM is likely to continue with three at the back, which has proven effective.

Whether he then plays 3,4,3 or 3,5,2 will probably depend on games at home or away.

I would like to see 2 strikers or two wide players and a CF. Tonight's game will see a team not a million miles away from that which will play at the Wham stadium.

A betting man will I am sure have already put his money on McCarthy becoming the first championship managerial casualty and probably before the end of August. Bring it on!

Up the U's

I'm not sure I agree with you Durham. All the while McCarthy stays and Ipswich do badly, I remain happy.
V Ipswich on 20:21 - Jul 25 with 1099 viewsLeadbelly

V Ipswich on 16:35 - Jul 25 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Loft has played in 12 games in the last two seasons. Whether or not he is any good I couldn't tell from the very limited sample size but I'm certainly not confident that a player who has had injury problems for so long will be the experienced rock upon which we will be able to build our season. The same may apply to Prosser.

Many of our younger players have a decent amount of experience for their age and I think we will be relying on that more than the older pros.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 23:09]

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

V Ipswich on 21:17 - Jul 25 with 1078 viewsdurham_exile

V Ipswich on 20:21 - Jul 25 by Leadbelly

Loft has played in 12 games in the last two seasons. Whether or not he is any good I couldn't tell from the very limited sample size but I'm certainly not confident that a player who has had injury problems for so long will be the experienced rock upon which we will be able to build our season. The same may apply to Prosser.

Many of our younger players have a decent amount of experience for their age and I think we will be relying on that more than the older pros.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 23:09]

Disappointing result tonight.
1-0 Garner 57 mins.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

V Ipswich on 12:34 - Jul 26 with 984 viewsnoah4x4

We looked knackered and a yard off the pace by 80 minutes, but to be fair Ipswich had used more substitutes than ever seen before at WHCS.

Loft's contribution was a couple of misplaced passes that put us in trouble. J McGreal was very critical of our passing in the Gazette post match interview.

The positives, defence looked pretty solid, their goal was a touch of class. Sam Walker on great form. Midfield OK.

Negatives; never looked like scoring. Wright and Mandron didn't get enough service. No width until late in second half when KVW replaced Szmodics; whilst Kinsella replaced Jackson and Johnston replaced Mandron. A bit more enterprising then, Johnson had a free header but missed the target.
V Ipswich on 18:27 - Jul 26 with 946 viewsbwildered

Sounds like where we will be found lacking with the injury to Dickenson, quality of service, and lack of composure in front of goal with the departure of Porter. On a positive a opportunity for others to claim a first team places .
Excellent picture in the media probably sums up the game with Garner nodding home with three defenders in close attendance, shows the difference between 750k and a undisclosed fee !

Eighteen subs used , makes these games superficial in terms of value for money .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

V Ipswich on 18:55 - Jul 26 with 940 viewsdurham_exile

V Ipswich on 18:27 - Jul 26 by bwildered

Sounds like where we will be found lacking with the injury to Dickenson, quality of service, and lack of composure in front of goal with the departure of Porter. On a positive a opportunity for others to claim a first team places .
Excellent picture in the media probably sums up the game with Garner nodding home with three defenders in close attendance, shows the difference between 750k and a undisclosed fee !

Eighteen subs used , makes these games superficial in terms of value for money .

I do hope that Dion Sembie-Ferris does not go the same way as Macca Bonne.

DSF has plenty of skill and pace and could operate on the wing until BD is fit.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

V Ipswich on 19:15 - Jul 26 with 935 viewsthrillseeker

V Ipswich on 18:55 - Jul 26 by durham_exile

I do hope that Dion Sembie-Ferris does not go the same way as Macca Bonne.

DSF has plenty of skill and pace and could operate on the wing until BD is fit.

Up the U's

Football is great at dividing opinions

Durham - I must have missed the something that you have seen in DSF. Whenever I have seen him play he looks lost and quite frankly not that good.

I amhoping to have to eat my words by the end of the season after watching him play briliant and repaying the faith Durham has shown in him
Login to get fewer ads

V Ipswich on 20:26 - Jul 26 with 920 viewsdurham_exile

V Ipswich on 19:15 - Jul 26 by thrillseeker

Football is great at dividing opinions

Durham - I must have missed the something that you have seen in DSF. Whenever I have seen him play he looks lost and quite frankly not that good.

I amhoping to have to eat my words by the end of the season after watching him play briliant and repaying the faith Durham has shown in him

Thrillseeker the season before last when we had to win at Fleetwood and found ourselves 2-1 down DSF was introduced and it was his pace and skill that helped secure the vital 3-2 win.

I truly hope that he is given a chance to shine this season. Until Kurtis Guthrie and Brennan Dickenson are fully fit our attacking options are severely curtailed.

DSF can offer attacking threat down either wing.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

V Ipswich on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 910 viewsLeadbelly

V Ipswich on 20:26 - Jul 26 by durham_exile

Thrillseeker the season before last when we had to win at Fleetwood and found ourselves 2-1 down DSF was introduced and it was his pace and skill that helped secure the vital 3-2 win.

I truly hope that he is given a chance to shine this season. Until Kurtis Guthrie and Brennan Dickenson are fully fit our attacking options are severely curtailed.

DSF can offer attacking threat down either wing.

Up the U's

I'm afraid I'm with Thrillseeker. What I've seen has been limited...both in duration and quality. Looks like a typical skillful non league player that isn't good enough to step up several levels and play full time.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

V Ipswich on 21:59 - Jul 26 with 903 viewsnoah4x4

I am with the current majority Durham.

Have seen Sembie-Ferris struggle even at under 21. Just not strong enough, and he can't defend. Might be useful off the bench when we are losing and gambling the 'kitchen sink' to salvage a point, but not solid enough in general play.

As regards Garner, I did say class act and a great goal. We won't concede many like that in Division Two given it's not Championship quality.
V Ipswich on 06:58 - Jul 27 with 870 viewsbwildered

Potential has to be reproduced in to regular performance in many academy players.
Formation change to wing back roles to the first team has made it harder for him to adapt to a dual role in become a first team regular . A final loan out will tell if his future career will go the same way has previous loaners Szmodics and Bonne .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024