Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bugger 17:17 - Aug 5 with 1487 viewswessex_exile

Well, that was probably one of the worst starts to a football season for me - if you were looking for me at the ground Durham, sadly I didn't make it. Me and the boy left bright and early for the long drive, satnav telling me we'd be at the ground with an hour to spare. An accident on the M5, reducing it to just one lane between J14 and J13, put paid to 45 minutes of that hour, and then roadwork delays at the top of the M5, forcing a re-route via the M42 and M6 Toll, another 25 minutes. No matter I thought, we might be 10 minutes late, but that's not too bad. And then another accident ahead on the M6, with the warning signs on the motorway (and on my Highways England app) advising we should expect another 2 hour delay - crap! No point in going on, so we turned around at J14 and headed home, whilst listening on 5Live to the Accy Stanley goals flow in :-(

We got home just in time to hear Sammy's late consolation goal, which was scant consolation for me, that's for sure.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Bugger on 17:28 - Aug 5 with 1476 viewsgerry_us

Hope those of you that travelled had a good lunch because "afters" were not great obviously. Had actually looked at the route from darkest Lincolnshire and decided nearly three hours each way was a bit too much. Good decision?I
Could be a long hard season but good to see Sammy get on and then on the score sheet.
Bugger on 17:50 - Aug 5 with 1467 viewsLeadbelly

Some inexplicable selections (Drey Wright at left wingback), unable to defend, produced almost nothing up front, we sounded pedestrian at best and, according to some, not very fit. And we had our regulation injury trouble.

It's a dreadful start to the season but plenty of time to learn the lessons and improve. I wish I felt more confident that is going to happen.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Bugger on 18:02 - Aug 5 with 1463 viewspwrightsknees

Adding insult to injury, Chis Porter scored a brace for Crewe.
Bugger on 19:05 - Aug 5 with 1439 viewsgerry_us

Bugger on 18:02 - Aug 5 by pwrightsknees

Adding insult to injury, Chis Porter scored a brace for Crewe.

Why do we always get to play a team at the top of the league for our first fixture?
Bugger on 19:18 - Aug 5 with 1433 viewsLeadbelly

For their official team photo earlier this week Accrington had just 19 players. They signed 3 new players yesterday. Good job we played them before they got themselves organised.

Bugger on 20:43 - Aug 5 with 1405 viewsdurham_exile

Wessex really sorry to hear about your transport delays.

I heard about the M5 and M6 problems.

The 329 faithful who travelled today were treated to very poor fare from the super U's.

I will write my considered views tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bugger on 11:08 - Aug 6 with 1309 viewsBlueStripes

I feel sorry for the 300+ who made the long trip up there (and those who tried but didn't make it!) to witness another sorry away performance from our 'heroes'. I only listened to it on the radio (switched it off in disgust when their 3rd goal went in) but from what I heard, we were lucky to only lose 3-1. The defence sounded a shambles yet again and we were little threat up front and I suppose Eastman will now be out till Christmas to add to our ridiculous injury list.

Villa will probably give us a spanking on Tuesday and I can only hope we can get it together sufficiently to get some sort of result against Stevenage next weekend, otherwise with an almost inevitable defeat at Luton the following weekend, we'll be propping up the table by the end of the month. Thank god Yeovil are in this league!
Final thought - why the hell did we let Chris Porter go???
Bugger on 13:38 - Aug 6 with 1282 viewsLeadbelly

Reading McGreal's post match comments it would appear the fact we have a very young squad contributed to the performance and result yesterday. More than a grain of truth there I would suggest but I do hope nobody connected with the club is surprised by that. It is exactly what we are set up to be these days.

Login to get fewer ads

Bugger on 16:56 - Aug 6 with 1249 viewspwrightsknees

Bugger on 13:38 - Aug 6 by Leadbelly

Reading McGreal's post match comments it would appear the fact we have a very young squad contributed to the performance and result yesterday. More than a grain of truth there I would suggest but I do hope nobody connected with the club is surprised by that. It is exactly what we are set up to be these days.

McGreal also commented that it is still "work in progress". It should ALWAYS be work in progress for ANY club. The sad fact is that, in recent seasons, we have not progressed as well as most other clubs.
Bugger on 23:55 - Aug 6 with 1185 viewswessex_exile

Bugger on 11:08 - Aug 6 by BlueStripes

I feel sorry for the 300+ who made the long trip up there (and those who tried but didn't make it!) to witness another sorry away performance from our 'heroes'. I only listened to it on the radio (switched it off in disgust when their 3rd goal went in) but from what I heard, we were lucky to only lose 3-1. The defence sounded a shambles yet again and we were little threat up front and I suppose Eastman will now be out till Christmas to add to our ridiculous injury list.

Villa will probably give us a spanking on Tuesday and I can only hope we can get it together sufficiently to get some sort of result against Stevenage next weekend, otherwise with an almost inevitable defeat at Luton the following weekend, we'll be propping up the table by the end of the month. Thank god Yeovil are in this league!
Final thought - why the hell did we let Chris Porter go???

Villa definitely won't give us a spanking on Tuesday, but they probably will on Wednesday...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024