Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Set up to fail? 21:26 - Aug 19 with 852 viewsLeadbelly

Following the (temporary) departure of Tony Humes the chairman said that perhaps he had set him up to fail. He also said he had learned from the experience and would have to do more to ensure such a situation wouldn't happen again.

Based on the transfer activity over the summer I had serious concerns for this season. I accept it's only three games played but I'm afraid what I've seen so far has done nothing to alleviate those concerns.

We don't look like scoring, we can't defend, injuries are a problem again. There is an absence of leadership on the pitch as well as limited experience. It feels to me that the momentum from the end of last season has evaporated totally. We have taken a significant step backwards when we were primed to move forwards.

I'm thinking McGreal has a far tougher job than last season and I feel quite sorry for him. The question is can he turn things around or has he, in fact, been set up to fail?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Set up to fail? on 22:51 - Aug 19 with 821 viewsnoah4x4

Can't see anybody has been set up to fail, but I fear the acquisition of Kpekawa in defence is a disaster. I didn't rate him first time around.

Where is Slater? Why not play Tommy O'Sullivan (brilliant for U23)? Mandron is not the solution to replace Guthrie.

I believe that our defence might be OK if we selected Kinsella (or KVY) in for Kpekawa and reverted to a back four with James too. But only if we don't have a powder puff attack. Mandron and Johnstone don't cut it for me. Frankly, the kids in the U23's look better.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 22:51]
Set up to fail? on 23:55 - Aug 19 with 790 viewsmfb_cufc

After being sacked as manager, he should never have been given the job in the first place.

The injury situation at the club is a major worry. Is it down to bad training? Though only seems to have happened since we have been at the new training ground. Or why do we continue to sign injury prone players? Whatever it is, it needs addressing. Every season we think the injury situation will be better than the previous season, but instead it just gets worse.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 11:30]

mfb

Set up to fail? on 00:50 - Aug 20 with 781 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Set up to fail? on 23:55 - Aug 19 by mfb_cufc

After being sacked as manager, he should never have been given the job in the first place.

The injury situation at the club is a major worry. Is it down to bad training? Though only seems to have happened since we have been at the new training ground. Or why do we continue to sign injury prone players? Whatever it is, it needs addressing. Every season we think the injury situation will be better than the previous season, but instead it just gets worse.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 11:30]

Weren't most of last season's injuries down to bad tackles from the opposition during matches? Not much you can do about that.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Set up to fail? on 09:22 - Aug 20 with 743 viewsLeadbelly

Set up to fail? on 22:51 - Aug 19 by noah4x4

Can't see anybody has been set up to fail, but I fear the acquisition of Kpekawa in defence is a disaster. I didn't rate him first time around.

Where is Slater? Why not play Tommy O'Sullivan (brilliant for U23)? Mandron is not the solution to replace Guthrie.

I believe that our defence might be OK if we selected Kinsella (or KVY) in for Kpekawa and reverted to a back four with James too. But only if we don't have a powder puff attack. Mandron and Johnstone don't cut it for me. Frankly, the kids in the U23's look better.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 22:51]

I don't think McGreal has been set up deliberately to fail but I'm certain he has not been set up to succeed...at least by my definition of succeed.

I think there have been some poor signings over the last two close seasons, before and after Moody arrived. Certainly too many players who have spent time in the treatment room. Loft, Prosser and Doyley all had injury problems before arrival so we shouldn't be surprised when they miss so much time. If I had limited budget available for any commodity and the person I entrusted to spend that budget bought items that failed to work on a regular basis I may question that person, the budget or both. I certainly wouldn't suggest that things were going to plan and getting better.

For different reasons I will miss the next two home games. I'm not glad that is the case but I'm already disenchanted enough that I'm not actually bothered about missing games.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024