Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never moan about Dale again 20:54 - Sep 1 with 12068 viewsDale23years

Watching England live is 100 times worst than on tv. It's dogshite
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 20:57]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Never moan about Dale again on 21:10 - Sep 1 with 6980 viewsBartRowou

England Cricket Team > England Football Team every single time.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Never moan about Dale again on 21:15 - Sep 1 with 6963 viewsDale23years

Never moan about Dale again on 21:10 - Sep 1 by BartRowou

Watching players who are are worth 50 million pound and they can't even pass or control a ball. Malta is a lovely country, Very friendly and quite cheap
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 21:16]

Never moan about Dale again on 21:18 - Sep 1 with 6949 viewsR11BFC

My son's over there watching it and i've just sent him a text saying:

We're shit and we know we are...!

Might be singing that at Gigg tomorrow too!!!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Never moan about Dale again on 22:14 - Sep 1 with 6849 viewsClivert

Never moan about Dale again on 21:10 - Sep 1 by BartRowou

Yeah coz the cricketers were brilliant earlier this week and they always perform to such a higher standard that the footballers do at their respective World Cup!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:26]
Never moan about Dale again on 22:35 - Sep 1 with 6793 viewsTVOS1907

Never moan about Dale again on 22:14 - Sep 1 by Clivert

Yeah coz the cricketers were brilliant earlier this week and they always perform to such a higher standard that the footballers do at their respective World Cup!

That's a bit harsh on the Windies performance.

I think part of Bart's point is that the cricketers aren't hyped-up as much as the footballers, nor do they command the same salaries. They also seem to enjoy what they are doing that bit more.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Never moan about Dale again on 23:12 - Sep 1 with 6734 viewsClivert

Never moan about Dale again on 22:35 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

That's a bit harsh on the Windies performance.

I think part of Bart's point is that the cricketers aren't hyped-up as much as the footballers, nor do they command the same salaries. They also seem to enjoy what they are doing that bit more.

Whilst it was an enthralling test match England batted woefully for one innings and bowled poorly for the second innings against a team that are ranked as one of the lowest test playing nations in the world.

'Top' cricketers are still paid a very decent wage though and probably not earning the money that they do for going out of The World Cup at the group stage like we do every 4 years!

Football is on a different level these days and the bubble has to burst some day soon but you can't blame any professional footballer for milking it while they can, it wasn't that long ago that we were all paying to watch George Donnelly!
Never moan about Dale again on 23:24 - Sep 1 with 6702 viewsTVOS1907

Never moan about Dale again on 23:12 - Sep 1 by Clivert

Whilst it was an enthralling test match England batted woefully for one innings and bowled poorly for the second innings against a team that are ranked as one of the lowest test playing nations in the world.

'Top' cricketers are still paid a very decent wage though and probably not earning the money that they do for going out of The World Cup at the group stage like we do every 4 years!

Football is on a different level these days and the bubble has to burst some day soon but you can't blame any professional footballer for milking it while they can, it wasn't that long ago that we were all paying to watch George Donnelly!

Didn't you see his goal at Accrington?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Never moan about Dale again on 23:34 - Sep 1 with 6694 viewsClivert

Never moan about Dale again on 23:24 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

Didn't you see his goal at Accrington?

Yes! .........and when he scored at Newport I thought that his goal was going to crown us champions!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 23:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Never moan about Dale again on 01:45 - Sep 2 with 6587 viewsDaley_Lama

Plus marks:

Harry Kane is my new Alan Shearer, awesome striker.
Rashford might be some player some day

Negatives:

The Ox. I don't get why Arsenal tried to keep him, or Liverpool signed him. Poor mans Theo Walcott
Stirling: Shame as i do rate him, but was a bit pooh tonight

Poll: DF in or out

Never moan about Dale again on 06:33 - Sep 2 with 6515 viewsdeeplishblue

Which of last night's England team would have got in the 1990 world cup semi final starting 11 ?

Shilton
Pearce
Walker
Butcher
Parker
M Wright
Waddle
Gascoigne
Beardsley
Lineker
Platt
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 6:34]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Never moan about Dale again on 07:26 - Sep 2 with 6475 viewsD_Alien

If we can take from this, that D23y is "never going to moan about Dale again" then it's the greatest England performance in a generation

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Never moan about Dale again on 08:09 - Sep 2 with 6419 viewsBartRowou

Never moan about Dale again on 22:14 - Sep 1 by Clivert

As TVOS says, it's not just based on this week. It's years and years of boring friendlies/qualifiers that ultimately lead to nothing. Then you get the Premier League trying to force a League 3 on us as though it's our fault. I could go on but it's all been said before.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Never moan about Dale again on 09:04 - Sep 2 with 6339 viewsClivert

Never moan about Dale again on 08:09 - Sep 2 by BartRowou

As TVOS says, it's not just based on this week. It's years and years of boring friendlies/qualifiers that ultimately lead to nothing. Then you get the Premier League trying to force a League 3 on us as though it's our fault. I could go on but it's all been said before.

I think we can all agree that England have been poor for years now and I haven't see any progress under Southgate's stewardship (that was his first away win last night!). We're already looking at a probable group stage exit in Russia next summer (if we qualify) because that is where we are right now.

It was probably a bad week to say what a good example the England cricket team are though!?!
Never moan about Dale again on 09:18 - Sep 2 with 6311 viewsdingdangblue

Never moan about Dale again on 06:33 - Sep 2 by deeplishblue

Which of last night's England team would have got in the 1990 world cup semi final starting 11 ?

Shilton
Pearce
Walker
Butcher
Parker
M Wright
Waddle
Gascoigne
Beardsley
Lineker
Platt
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 6:34]

C'mon that's obvious - Jake Livermore,Phil Jones and Jordan Henderson

We can only hope that the under age groups who have done great this summer all kick on and fulfill their potential along with future England boss.......Paul Simpson.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Never moan about Dale again on 10:03 - Sep 2 with 6249 viewsAtThePeake

Never moan about Dale again on 09:04 - Sep 2 by Clivert

I think we can all agree that England have been poor for years now and I haven't see any progress under Southgate's stewardship (that was his first away win last night!). We're already looking at a probable group stage exit in Russia next summer (if we qualify) because that is where we are right now.

It was probably a bad week to say what a good example the England cricket team are though!?!

With some of the players we have in our squad we should definitely not be accepting that we should be getting knocked out in the group stages of a World Cup unless we get a particularly tough group like we did in 2010.

Dele Alli - PFA Young Player of the Year twice already, Harry Kane - Premier League top goalscorer twice already. Raheem Sterling - £50m man rated highly enough by Pep Guardiola to be starting in his star-studded Man City side. Gary Cahill - two time Premier League winner. Admittedly our squad isn't as strong as it has been in years gone by, but it will certainly be in the top 16 at the World Cup next summer. Central midfield is the problem area of course, but encouragingly there are a few young English CMs who could break through in the next couple of years (Tom Davies, Harry Winks, Ruben Loftus-Cheek).

It's the system that reeks. Gareth Southgate getting given the job on the back of a poor spell in charge of Boro where he led them to relegation and a very, very average spell in charge of the Under 21s is just an absolute joke. The FA show no ambition and were just happy to instil a yes man into the job who continues with the uninspiring tactics and goes onto pick players that also fit into the little system like Nathaniel Chalobah - who has a total of 17 Premier League appearances to his name but epitomised Southgate's dour reign in the charge of the U21s.

Tangled up in blue.

Never moan about Dale again on 10:21 - Sep 2 with 6216 viewsD_Alien

Never moan about Dale again on 10:03 - Sep 2 by AtThePeake

With some of the players we have in our squad we should definitely not be accepting that we should be getting knocked out in the group stages of a World Cup unless we get a particularly tough group like we did in 2010.

Dele Alli - PFA Young Player of the Year twice already, Harry Kane - Premier League top goalscorer twice already. Raheem Sterling - £50m man rated highly enough by Pep Guardiola to be starting in his star-studded Man City side. Gary Cahill - two time Premier League winner. Admittedly our squad isn't as strong as it has been in years gone by, but it will certainly be in the top 16 at the World Cup next summer. Central midfield is the problem area of course, but encouragingly there are a few young English CMs who could break through in the next couple of years (Tom Davies, Harry Winks, Ruben Loftus-Cheek).

It's the system that reeks. Gareth Southgate getting given the job on the back of a poor spell in charge of Boro where he led them to relegation and a very, very average spell in charge of the Under 21s is just an absolute joke. The FA show no ambition and were just happy to instil a yes man into the job who continues with the uninspiring tactics and goes onto pick players that also fit into the little system like Nathaniel Chalobah - who has a total of 17 Premier League appearances to his name but epitomised Southgate's dour reign in the charge of the U21s.

Fair points, but Southgate doesn't appear to be doing any worse than some of his more 'ambitious' predecessors such as Sven Goran Ericson or Fabio Capello

I'm looking for the players who perform brilliantly for their clubs - against the best foreign stars in the premier league - to do the same at international level, within a simple system they understand. That'll take time, but I can see promising signs, which may or may not come to anything in the heat of a finals. But I'll give Southgate the benefit of the doubt, for now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Never moan about Dale again on 10:35 - Sep 2 with 6181 viewsColDale

I always think that for all the arrogance of English football, there's a real inferiority complex when it comes to international football as if we're playing a game that is completely alien to us. Rather than obsessing about what works in Belgium or in Barcelona, we need to focus on what is great and good in English football and take that onto the world stage. At the very, very least it would allow our players to play something they are comfortable with. Like has been said, it's been about 20 years now that England have played some tame tepid brand of football and we keep making the same mistake of looking in different places for the answer.
Never moan about Dale again on 11:03 - Sep 2 with 6148 viewsDale23years

Never moan about Dale again on 10:35 - Sep 2 by ColDale

I always think that for all the arrogance of English football, there's a real inferiority complex when it comes to international football as if we're playing a game that is completely alien to us. Rather than obsessing about what works in Belgium or in Barcelona, we need to focus on what is great and good in English football and take that onto the world stage. At the very, very least it would allow our players to play something they are comfortable with. Like has been said, it's been about 20 years now that England have played some tame tepid brand of football and we keep making the same mistake of looking in different places for the answer.

The off the ball movement last night was shocking, talking to a group of Huddersfield last night who been watching England for 20+ years they disagreed with me saying the moment was a lot better then under previous managers.

Never moan about Dale again on 11:46 - Sep 2 with 6093 viewsClivert

Never moan about Dale again on 10:03 - Sep 2 by AtThePeake

I agree that with the talent you've just mentioned we should be expecting to progress but realistically we aren't going to be seeded, this will mean that we'll draw at least one top ranked nation who we are likely to not beat, so we're almost playing for second place in the group right from the start of the tournament.
Never moan about Dale again on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 6030 viewsTVOS1907

Never moan about Dale again on 11:46 - Sep 2 by Clivert

I agree that with the talent you've just mentioned we should be expecting to progress but realistically we aren't going to be seeded, this will mean that we'll draw at least one top ranked nation who we are likely to not beat, so we're almost playing for second place in the group right from the start of the tournament.

That would be an improvement on last time!

Never moan about Dale again on 19:53 - Sep 4 with 5767 viewsSuddenLad

Here we go again. Shocking defending and Rashford trying to nutmeg someone near the edge of his own penalty area. Brainless moron. Well taken goal by Slovakia but way too easy.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Never moan about Dale again on 20:16 - Sep 4 with 5719 viewsDale23years

Never moan about Dale again on 19:53 - Sep 4 by SuddenLad

Here we go again. Shocking defending and Rashford trying to nutmeg someone near the edge of his own penalty area. Brainless moron. Well taken goal by Slovakia but way too easy.

The Ox is so poor. Shouldn't be anywhere near England squad
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 20:17]

Never moan about Dale again on 20:18 - Sep 4 with 5700 viewsDaley_Lama

Never moan about Dale again on 20:16 - Sep 4 by Dale23years

The Ox is so poor. Shouldn't be anywhere near England squad
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 20:17]

Amen to that.

Never seen what people see in him.*

*here comes a hat-trick

Poll: DF in or out

Never moan about Dale again on 20:21 - Sep 4 with 5692 viewsDale23years

Never moan about Dale again on 20:18 - Sep 4 by Daley_Lama

Amen to that.

Never seen what people see in him.*

*here comes a hat-trick

It's basically same players from 2016 euros squad. They are not good enough neither is the yes manager

Never moan about Dale again on 20:38 - Sep 4 with 5642 viewsAtThePeake

Never moan about Dale again on 20:21 - Sep 4 by Dale23years

It's basically same players from 2016 euros squad. They are not good enough neither is the yes manager

Who do you suggest we pick instead?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024