Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill 16:40 - Sep 9 with 10761 viewsDale23years

Do you think Keith hill as took us as far as he can ?

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Keith Hill on 16:42 - Sep 9 with 8396 viewsscarrow

No

Poll: Final position

Keith Hill on 16:44 - Sep 9 with 8375 viewsdalefan

bURY mong. Just listen to them and stop coming on here
Keith Hill on 16:44 - Sep 9 with 8367 views442Dale

He will get it right, he always has. It's during the difficult times we need to have a better appreciation of what's going on, that's on Hill and the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill on 16:46 - Sep 9 with 8359 viewsdalefan

Just ignore him. Stop feeding the troll
Keith Hill on 16:47 - Sep 9 with 8345 viewsDale23years

Keith Hill on 16:46 - Sep 9 by dalefan

Just ignore him. Stop feeding the troll

Bury Mong?????

Keith Hill on 16:48 - Sep 9 with 8332 viewsdalefan

Keith Hill on 16:47 - Sep 9 by Dale23years

Bury Mong?????

Yes. What part of bURY mo g don't you understand
Keith Hill on 16:49 - Sep 9 with 8322 viewsDale23years

Keith Hill on 16:48 - Sep 9 by dalefan

Yes. What part of bURY mo g don't you understand

The bury part explain to me

Keith Hill on 17:20 - Sep 9 with 8133 viewsonedalefan

It's taken, not took and no.
Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill on 17:26 - Sep 9 with 8094 viewsNigeriamark

Given a fair wind and bit of luck could possibly take us as far as the play off's & then anything could happen. However I could not see another manager taking us as far as he has. Our fan base/commercial income capability means that we are already significantly punching above our weight & a top 2 position would be almost impossible IMO
Keith Hill on 17:35 - Sep 9 with 8028 viewsdingdangblue

Yes I can't believe we aren't beating the likes of Blackburn Rovers.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill on 18:06 - Sep 9 with 7890 viewsSaxonDale

To answer the OP in a word- no. I think Hilly has proven that at the very least he's a good league 1 manager. He's got a very good eye for a player and knows how to get results in this league.

However I do think over the last few years the footballing world (certainly the part of it that affects us) has started to cotton onto many of the techniques which have made us so successful.

Take for example Prozone, I remember reading an article a few years back which stated only 18(could've been less) clubs were using Prozone in the FL, ourselves being one of them (and to be honest probably the 'smallest' club to be doing such.) Now, I'd be amazed if 18 clubs in the entire country didn't use it.

In our first League 1 season Hilly used 433 numerous times to outthink the opposition (who were by and large playing 442) The following summer Spain played 433 and many League 1/2 managers simply copied this formation, John Coleman admitted as much in an interview before, making our use of it less effective.

Or remember the novelty of Hilly's first trip with the squad to Cadiz- something which was pretty much unheard of at this level. Again, I think other clubs have learnt from the success ours have had through techniques like this and 'magpied' them.

I think little things such as these has seen a general increase in fitness, planning etc thus making the average Saturday game a bit more difficult than perhaps it once was!

In spite of this I still think the club have a massive advantage over many clubs- through its stability. The stability has allowed us to get ahead in other, more long term ways, for example look at our excellent Youth System which Hilly has been absolutely pivotal in developing. It's ok throwing £20,000 at prozone or a preseason abroad for one season but how many clubs would put in 7/8 years of hard work to develop the infrastructure we have?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 18:09]
Keith Hill on 19:48 - Sep 9 with 7605 viewsfinberty

Keith Hill on 17:20 - Sep 9 by onedalefan

It's taken, not took and no.

It's also 'has', not 'as'.

'Has taken' not 'as took'.

And no.
Keith Hill on 20:36 - Sep 9 with 7449 views49thseason

No, but he has brought us further than many of us dared to dream. Where he might take us in the future is unknowable. All we can do is enjoy the ride and hope for the best.
Keith Hill on 21:02 - Sep 9 with 7341 viewskiwidale

Perhaps better questions would be do you think Dale have gone as far as any manager can take us? or could any other manager do what t Kieth Hill has done?

This is not the time for bickering.

Keith Hill on 23:19 - Sep 9 with 7144 viewsrochedale

The only chance we have of progressing into the championship or even staying in league 1 is with KH in charge. End of.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Keith Hill on 03:57 - Sep 10 with 6978 viewsSandyman

Radio Manc interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05flxn5
Keith Hill on 06:36 - Sep 10 with 6941 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill on 03:57 - Sep 10 by Sandyman

Radio Manc interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05flxn5

Good stuff from KH

Was also asked a searching question which was answered without demur - a pointer for future interviews/interviewers

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill on 06:58 - Sep 10 with 6923 viewspnc4eva1

In answer to the original post Hill has taken the club further than anyone else could. With the crowds that Dale get we should really be fighting relegation to the conference every season.

Each season under hill we have made a slow start and then pick up momentum.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Keith Hill on 08:30 - Sep 10 with 6833 viewsNorthernDale

I cannot understand what people expect from KH, we have potentially one of the lowest core fan base in the bottom two divisions and we are in truth hitting above our weight. We all would love to see the Dale winning every week and our present form is poor, but compared what we had to put up with in the 1980's, when our yearly ambition was survival and we could only dream of playing in league 1 or against teams like Blackburn, Sheffield United type of teams.

So KH aim ever year must to keep us in league 1 and anything else is a bonus. I accept that at times his team selection is a bit iffy, but if keep in league 1 for another season, I will be happy.
Keith Hill on 09:48 - Sep 10 with 6715 viewsPeaky

Echoing what others have said, KH has and will continue to achieve amazing things at dale. Those who have followed us through the years will know we have never had it so good. KH's philosophies for management, structure and development in my eyes are inspirational. His application to sports science, work ethics and family orientation plus his business approach to ensuring the clubs survival and progression could not be replaced. Of course he does not achieve this alone and there are some amazing cogs in the Rochdale wheel, but I don't think I will ever see such an inspirational manager in charge of the club who will achieve so much (long may it continue). Every year in league 1 is a magnificent achievement.
Keith Hill on 10:19 - Sep 10 with 6650 viewsAReeves

Keith Hill on 09:48 - Sep 10 by Peaky

Echoing what others have said, KH has and will continue to achieve amazing things at dale. Those who have followed us through the years will know we have never had it so good. KH's philosophies for management, structure and development in my eyes are inspirational. His application to sports science, work ethics and family orientation plus his business approach to ensuring the clubs survival and progression could not be replaced. Of course he does not achieve this alone and there are some amazing cogs in the Rochdale wheel, but I don't think I will ever see such an inspirational manager in charge of the club who will achieve so much (long may it continue). Every year in league 1 is a magnificent achievement.

Hard as yesterday was to sit and watch, it does in the cold light of day bring into focus that we as a football club have possible reached our maximum potential or peak with our current size or status

Keith Hill has done absolute wonders for the club as manager, but without significant change or investment at the club its very tough to see us ever bettering top ten L1 finishes.

Happily football isnt all about budgets or size of fan bases, there remains a little romance left where clubs like ourselves through sheer hard work and determination can still overachieve and punch above our weight.

Answer to OP - No i certainly dont think so, think of John Coleman days as a wake up call and to how quickly things can change!
Keith Hill on 10:46 - Sep 10 with 6577 viewsdingdangblue

5 YEAR CONTRACT

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill on 13:11 - Sep 10 with 6446 viewsLaveritty

Keith Hill on 08:30 - Sep 10 by NorthernDale

I cannot understand what people expect from KH, we have potentially one of the lowest core fan base in the bottom two divisions and we are in truth hitting above our weight. We all would love to see the Dale winning every week and our present form is poor, but compared what we had to put up with in the 1980's, when our yearly ambition was survival and we could only dream of playing in league 1 or against teams like Blackburn, Sheffield United type of teams.

So KH aim ever year must to keep us in league 1 and anything else is a bonus. I accept that at times his team selection is a bit iffy, but if keep in league 1 for another season, I will be happy.

Agree 100% with this!

Yes the current situation is a bit of a worry and, as has been mentioned in various other threads, there is certainly something not quite right at the club at the moment but does anybody really believe that, given his record at Dale over the last 11 years, there is anybody better suited or more likely to turn things around than Keith Hill?

If anybody thinks that there is a better option (who can operate within the same financial restraints) please tell us their name?

It's early(ish) days yet and surely it's too soon to press the panic button! Only last season we were in a similar position (I seem to remember we were rock bottom around this time last year) but then got our first win at home to Fleetwood and won the next 10 (IIRC) home games on the trot without conceding a goal. It just shows how soon things can change and let's hope that we can get that first win on Tuesday and move on from there!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Keith Hill on 13:18 - Sep 10 with 6430 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill on 13:11 - Sep 10 by Laveritty

Agree 100% with this!

Yes the current situation is a bit of a worry and, as has been mentioned in various other threads, there is certainly something not quite right at the club at the moment but does anybody really believe that, given his record at Dale over the last 11 years, there is anybody better suited or more likely to turn things around than Keith Hill?

If anybody thinks that there is a better option (who can operate within the same financial restraints) please tell us their name?

It's early(ish) days yet and surely it's too soon to press the panic button! Only last season we were in a similar position (I seem to remember we were rock bottom around this time last year) but then got our first win at home to Fleetwood and won the next 10 (IIRC) home games on the trot without conceding a goal. It just shows how soon things can change and let's hope that we can get that first win on Tuesday and move on from there!

We conceded four goals in that 10 match winning run.

Fleetwood 2-1
Bolton 1-0
Southend 3-0
Bury 2-0
Oldham 1-0
Swindon 4-0
Walsall 4-0
Scunthorpe 3-2
Chesterfield 3-0
Shrewsbury 2-1

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Keith Hill on 13:36 - Sep 10 with 6391 viewsLaveritty

Keith Hill on 13:18 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

We conceded four goals in that 10 match winning run.

Fleetwood 2-1
Bolton 1-0
Southend 3-0
Bury 2-0
Oldham 1-0
Swindon 4-0
Walsall 4-0
Scunthorpe 3-2
Chesterfield 3-0
Shrewsbury 2-1

Funny how the memory plays tricks - thought it was 10 clean sheets as well! A repeat starting on Tuesday would be nice!?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024