Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to get back on the right track at the LCI Rail stadium 20:30 - Sep 15 with 795 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his rejuvenated squad to the LCI Rail Stadium to play Cheltenham Town on Saturday. Gary Johnson’s team lie below the Super U’s in the table and it was last season when a 3-0 away win against the Robins started the U’s successful run of results.

The U’s have been buoyed by a haul of 4 points from the last two home games and also by the excellent news that Kurtis Guthrie is training again on his road to recovery. Sean Murray is also on his way back together with Doug Sicknote Loft.

The Robins lost narrowly at Newport midweek and have faced criticism from their supporters for a lack lustre start which Johnson is keen to address.

Make no mistake this is a great opportunity for the U’s to get their away points tally up and running and they should play with confidence.

JM is also beginning to see some positive performances from his new loan signings. Ryan Inniss the pick of the signings with Brandon Comley impressing in midfield and Nicke Kabamba and Brandon Hanlan showing promise. Sanmi Odelusi may also start to improve for his new club.

JM is likely to pick a side something along these lines in a 3,4,1,2 formation:

Walker

Eastman Inniss James

Jackson Lapslie Comley Vincent-Young

Szmodics

Mandron Kabamba

Subs:
Gilmartin Kinsella Kpekawa Wright (Drey) Hanlan Odelusi Wright (Diaz)

The weather in Cheltenham is likely to be mainly cloudy and 15 degrees.

The whole team will look forward to Guthrie’s return in due course. It was after all his rant against the management, players and the boo boys that started the U’s revival.

Safe journey to the traveling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on the right track at the LCI Rail stadium on 14:21 - Sep 16 with 751 viewsmfb_cufc

Your team is spot-on Durham. Unchanged, with a fit again Murray back on the bench.

mfb

Super U's to get back on the right track at the LCI Rail stadium on 22:34 - Sep 16 with 707 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on the right track at the LCI Rail stadium on 14:21 - Sep 16 by mfb_cufc

Your team is spot-on Durham. Unchanged, with a fit again Murray back on the bench.

Spent the day at the Metrocentre.
Just watched the "highlights" on Sky.

First Robins goal the header was very poor defending.
Second goal Walker looked at fault.
Third goal looked offside.
The handball on the line was unfortunate.
Walker made a good penalty save.

But I'm afraid the gremlins were present once again and no disrespect to Cheltenham but they are a poor team and our woeful away form is simply not good enough.

Very disappointing.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on the right track at the LCI Rail stadium on 22:27 - Sep 20 with 619 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to get back on the right track at the LCI Rail stadium on 22:34 - Sep 16 by durham_exile

Spent the day at the Metrocentre.
Just watched the "highlights" on Sky.

First Robins goal the header was very poor defending.
Second goal Walker looked at fault.
Third goal looked offside.
The handball on the line was unfortunate.
Walker made a good penalty save.

But I'm afraid the gremlins were present once again and no disrespect to Cheltenham but they are a poor team and our woeful away form is simply not good enough.

Very disappointing.

Up the U's

First off, I'm afraid I'm not qualified to comment on tactics, selection etc., even individual performances overall - I simply don't pay that much attention to the detail of a game, rather holistically watch the game.

A weird game by any measure. We showed more ambition going forward in the first 10 minutes than we did for the entirety of the Cambridge game, for which I was eternally relieved. At this point we genuinely could have been 2-0 up, and no one but the most partisan of Robins would have disagreed.

After 15 minutes we were 2-0 down, and likewise I don't think many U's fans would have disagreed either. The first was simply a free header from woeful defending (spot on Durham), the second (from my perspective) was either a wicked deflection or an inspired deflection, and I don't think Walker had any chance either way.

We deservedly got back into the game with a penalty I honestly couldn't call either way, but to be fair there didn't appear to be too much strenuous objection from Cheltenham, and at half-time I really thought we still had an excellent chance to get something, even a victory, from the game.

It would be easy to point to Mandron's red card for their penalty being a game-changer (again, not much objection from our players), but to be honest it wasn't. Even after Walker's comfortable penalty save, we still pressed them hard, but our paper-thin Achilles-heel defence was our undoing for their 3rd. That, to me, was the over-riding worry; for a relatively poor team, Cheltenham threatened every time they went forward.

But still we pressed them, and even against 10 men, Cheltenham for the most part were happy to sit back and soak it up. The introduction or Wright made a massive difference, if only he could have found a decent pass for all his effort. He has bags of skill to harry, harass and befuddle a defence, but no end product. I'd rather he was in the squad on balance, but he has to focus on the end product - In League 2 we do not need a show-pony.

Very disappointing.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024