Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's 09:14 - Sep 23 with 1481 viewsdurham_exile

JM looks to rekindle some home comforts after another away day horror show last weekend at Cheltenham. The Super U’s horrendous away form is only putting more pressure on the team to perform at the WHCS.

This weekend it is the Chairboys under the stewardship of Gareth Ainsworth celebrating 5 years in charge who are in Town. Unbeaten on the road since February (when they lost 1-0 at the WHCS) Wycombe will come with some confidence. Whether they will have their talisman Adebayo Akinfenwa after his injury last week is debatable but should he not make the starting XI then Nathan Tyson will be looking to start instead.

The Chairboys could have about 400 of their faithful present and so the crowd should be swelled to 4,000. Stand in “keeper” Mikael Mandron is suspended this weekend, which gives JM the opportunity to start one of his other recent acquisitions.

Now the National Press (and even the Times) have made much of the United chant about Romelu Lukaku this week. To the Super U’s of course this is old news, as many of the faithful chanted about Magnus Okuonghae in similar vein several years ago. This has highlighted the hypocrisy of the press particularly some of their more esteemed writers who have become obsessed with the story; possibly envy is at the root of their column inches! (Steady on Ed).

Returning to safer ground, today is all about the three points ahead of back to back away matches at Grimsby and Yeovil. The rivalry between the Super U’s and the Chairboys goes back to the 1991-92 season when both were challenging for Conference glory and promotion to the Football League. Personally, I do not think that the rivalry is anywhere like it was years ago but there will still be a minority of fans sporting “We 8 Wycombe” shirts and vice versa inside the ground.

The good news this week was the signing of a new two-and-a-half-year contract by Frankie Kent. Although currently injured he shows considerable promise and the defence will be stronger when he returns. Cameron James is likely to deputise.

Sean Murray could also make a welcome return after injury. After the euphoric news that Kurtis Guthrie was back in training there has been no suggestion of a return date but this is eagerly anticipated in due course.

JM will be looking to raise the spirits of the faithful with an attacking display of football. His team could look something like this in the 3,4,1,2 formation.

Walker

Eastman Inniss James

Jackson Lapslie Murray Vincent-Young

Szmodics

Hanlan Wright (Drey)

Subs:
Gilmartin Kinsella Kpekawa Comley Kabamba Odelusi Wright (Diaz)

I do not believe that JM has yet elicited his best striking options and so until Guthrie’s return he is likely to ring the changes with combinations of Kabamba, Odelusi, Hanlan, Drey Wright and Mandron (if he can relinquish the Gloves). Our problem is not quantity but quality in the striking department. Clearly the work at Florence Park is not yet reaping dividends, but JM needs to find the correct combination up front in order to turn chances into goals and to eliminate the profligacy seen in previous games.

A decent crowd, the faithful in good voice (keep it clean) and the prospect of three more home points, what is not to enjoy.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 10:00]

Durham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 14:52 - Sep 23 with 1436 viewsdurham_exile

Team
Walker
Eastman Inniss Kent
Jackson Lapslie Loft Vincent-Young
Szmodics
Wright Hanlan

Good news Kent is fit, also Reid is on the bench.

Sicknote is playing!!!!

Attacking bench

Up the U's

PS The "beast" Akinfenwa is fit for the Chairboys

Durham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:21 - Sep 23 with 1424 viewsdurham_exile

1-1 Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:34 - Sep 23 with 1422 viewsdurham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:21 - Sep 23 by durham_exile

1-1 Come on the U's

Lots to do now.
2-1 down and 20 mins to play

Durham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:41 - Sep 23 with 1421 viewsdurham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:34 - Sep 23 by durham_exile

Lots to do now.
2-1 down and 20 mins to play

Time running out.

As I said in the preview our woeful away form puts pressure on the team at home.

We need to find an equaliser and quick.

Up th U's

Durham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:43 - Sep 23 with 1418 viewsdurham_exile

Reid is on, can he work some magic.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:59 - Sep 23 with 1414 viewsdurham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:43 - Sep 23 by durham_exile

Reid is on, can he work some magic.

Up the U's

Now the pressure is really on.

Shocking defeat

It's a long way to Grimsby on Tuesday night.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 17:20 - Sep 23 with 1399 viewsgerry_us

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 16:59 - Sep 23 by durham_exile

Now the pressure is really on.

Shocking defeat

It's a long way to Grimsby on Tuesday night.

Up the U's

Are you sure you want to do the trip Tuesday?
Maybe we'll stop at the chippy all evening!
Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 17:37 - Sep 23 with 1394 viewsMoor_Pinot

Fine chippys down in Truro too Gerry.......could be trying them out next season at this rate.....

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 17:56 - Sep 23 with 1389 viewsdurham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 17:20 - Sep 23 by gerry_us

Are you sure you want to do the trip Tuesday?
Maybe we'll stop at the chippy all evening!

Gerry, I'm afraid I am like a moth drawn to the flame.

I will be there on Tuesday night. Equal misery for all.

Perhaps our away form may change after this breach of the fortress WHCS.

Time for my medication!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 18:20 - Sep 23 with 1372 viewsgerry_us

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 17:56 - Sep 23 by durham_exile

Time for my medication!

Up the U's

Tuesday will be the first time for many years when I will attend without ANY expectations. Could be a defining moment in the U's season.
Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 18:55 - Sep 23 with 1366 viewsLeadbelly

No shortage of endeavour and plenty of chances created but the Wycombe 'keeper made a number of good saves. A bit more composure in front of goal would have secured three points...and better defending, of course.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 19:53 - Sep 23 with 1332 viewsbwildered

Not enough quality in the box. Certainly no luck with drop downs or rebounds, however sometimes you make your own.
U's will be struggling in games until clean sheets are regular and Guthrie and Dickinson are available.
Play off position is a pipe dream at present .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 22:19 - Sep 23 with 1278 viewsnoah4x4

Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 17:56 - Sep 23 by durham_exile

Time for my medication!

Up the U's

Cricket has now finished, so I can now start going to away games. Today is the first defeat I have witnessed since May. So perhaps I might be a good omen at Grimsby.

Thought we were a tad unlucky today.
Chairboys to be unseated at the WHCS by Super U's on 15:56 - Sep 24 with 1191 viewsdurham_exile

Both Wyscum goals were rebounds - in fairness to Walker he did all he could with the first but the second one the defence watched as it was converted.

If we continue to be profligate in front of goal then it will be a long season.

Hanlan's goal was a great strike.

Bring on the Grimsby and Russell Slade!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024