Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday 23:51 - Nov 10 with 821 viewsdurham_exile

Fresh from back to back Cup defeats (Oxford City have drawn Notts Co away in Round 2 of the FA Cup whilst Scummend go to Peterboro in Round 2 of the Checkatrade Trophy) JM aims to secure more away points at the Hive this weekend against Barnet.

JM and MM both lost out to Nathan Jones and Tom Pope respectively in the EFL League Two awards. So, no curse of the MOTM then on Saturday!!!

Instead and with no more Cup distractions (Essex Senior Cup notwithstanding) Colchester must be looking to take maximum points at the Hive. Barnet will have dangerous striker Shaquile Coulthirst available, but Richard Brindley is out for the North London side.

The upbeat reports and comments have been hardly justified this week after the embarrassment of defeat to lowly Oxford City, then JM picked a team that was never at the races at Scummend on Tuesday night.

One thing is becoming clear, Kabamba, Odelusi, Comley and Hanlan will be making a Le Mans start out of the WHCS on 1 January 2018. I’m afraid that none have lived up to the expectations when they signed on loan. Kyel Reid should be encouraged to sign on until May though and to stay along with Ryan Inniss (who is on a season long loan already).

Pompey didn’t want Kabamba cup tied but now both teams are out of the F A Cup it is rather irrelevant. Unless he can prove me wrong, I am neither impressed with him nor with the other three loanees.

We desperately need Prosser, Guthrie and Dickenson back but although we might see Guthrie before Christmas the others will not be back before February time.

The players and JM owe the supporters a performance and a result, let us see if JM will be brave enough to attack Barnet on Saturday.

Team 3,4,1,2:

Walker

Eastman Inniss Kent

Jackson Vincent-Young Slater Reid

Szmodics

Wright Mandron

Subs:
Gilmartin Kinsella O’Sullivan Kpekawa Lapslie Hanlan James

Please release Comley, Kabamba and Odelusi back to their clubs early.

A victory could move the U’s up to the top ten on Saturday, with a double header against Morecambe and Lincoln to come, a top seven spot could be the on the cards by December.

One thing is certain, there has been much talk about promotion and top of the form table! Let’s see some actual results now to put the disappointment of the cups behind us.

Safe journey for the 400+ faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Let’s hope the U’s are buzzing at 4.50pm

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday on 09:50 - Nov 11 with 791 viewsthrillseeker

DE - another excellent preview

I would be quite happy with that line but you have forgotten that McGreal loves Lapslie and no matter what he is always selected so I would expect Lapslie in place of Slater.

I believe Barnet haven't won in last 12 games and we always seem accommodating to allow a team to break that sequence when we play them. After 17:00 I do not want to read Barnet have only won once in last 13 games

On a positve I am confident of victory today and am predicting 2-1 to the U's
Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday on 14:06 - Nov 11 with 768 viewsFruitbat

One change from lasr saturday, KVY in for Reid. How badly does Wright need to play to get dropped?
Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday on 16:58 - Nov 11 with 732 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday on 09:50 - Nov 11 by thrillseeker

DE - another excellent preview

I would be quite happy with that line but you have forgotten that McGreal loves Lapslie and no matter what he is always selected so I would expect Lapslie in place of Slater.

I believe Barnet haven't won in last 12 games and we always seem accommodating to allow a team to break that sequence when we play them. After 17:00 I do not want to read Barnet have only won once in last 13 games

On a positve I am confident of victory today and am predicting 2-1 to the U's

Thrillseeker - I'll take a 1-0 with Super Sammie Szmodics scoring the winner.

A double header at home now - come on the Super U's

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday on 19:15 - Nov 11 with 700 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday on 16:58 - Nov 11 by durham_exile

Thrillseeker - I'll take a 1-0 with Super Sammie Szmodics scoring the winner.

A double header at home now - come on the Super U's

Up the U's

Because I was out for most of the day, have just had the chance to check the starting XI.

Walker

Eastman Inniss Kent (definitely our best defence)

Jackson Loft Comley Vincent-Young Wright

Mandron Hanlan

Subs: Szmodics Odelusi Gilmartin Kinsella Lapslie Reid Slater

Marmite failed to get on but I am sure that is only a temporary lapse.

610 supporters was magnificent in a crowd of 2,301.

Sammie Szmodics He's one of our own!
His goal was simply superb.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday on 14:19 - Nov 12 with 606 viewsFruitbat

Just watched the highlghts. Great goal but how the hell was that not a penalty?
Super U's to sting the Bees at the Hive on Saturday on 17:08 - Nov 12 with 583 viewsbwildered

The Swiss ref thought he better not give any more for a while after the Irish game .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024