Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGinty 17:30 - Dec 4 with 2679 viewsSaxonDale

Interesting Charlton apparently. Never rated him whilst he was here.

On the back of this who have you once thought was shite only for them to turn out alright? Bunney's another obvious candidate
McGinty on 17:41 - Dec 4 with 2644 viewsAtThePeake

I remember him being on our books but can honestly say I don't remember him playing a single game for us.

I thought Glenn Murray was awful in his first few games for us. I got that one wrong.

Tangled up in blue.

McGinty on 17:51 - Dec 4 with 2616 viewsupthedale

I think it was McGinty who played in a friendly against Halifax and failed to find a Rochdale player with all the passes he attempted first half.

Then a bit later had a clearance which smacked Done (I think) in the face at quite a short range, prompting someone in the crowd to shout something like "at least you found a player that time" or at least something along those lines ha!

Perhaps someone will verify that story!
McGinty on 18:36 - Dec 4 with 2511 viewsYadHoDale

Obvious one is Dean Walling, once an injury crisis forced Carlisle to give him a go in defence.

Mark(?) Bailey was poor in midfield for us, but a competent right wing back for Lincoln and others.

Geoff Thomas didn't set the world on fire in his Dale career, either!
McGinty on 18:47 - Dec 4 with 2477 viewsShun

Genuinely cannot remember this man. I've just googled him and I'm still none the wiser. Surely a stalwart of Hill's Anonymous XI.
McGinty on 14:01 - Dec 5 with 2064 viewsKnowlesy

McGinty on 18:47 - Dec 4 by Shun

Genuinely cannot remember this man. I've just googled him and I'm still none the wiser. Surely a stalwart of Hill's Anonymous XI.

In a central defensive partnership with Charlie comyn-platt? (was he in Keith's era?)
McGinty on 15:16 - Dec 5 with 1964 viewsNafelad

Did he own a goat?

Topcat

McGinty on 17:40 - Dec 5 with 1871 viewsEllDale

First impressions eh.....
I remember going to Macclesfield just after we'd signed Rickie Lambert.
Lambert, Grant Holt and Marcus Richardson played up front as Steve Parkin played 4-3-3 that afternoon.
We got arsed 3-0 and I remember wondering out loud to my lads what all the fuss about these guys was.....
McGinty on 21:04 - Dec 5 with 1741 viewssoulboy

'Youll never beat our Jimmy' as in jimmy Graham got off to a terrible start for us, possibly sent off in his first two games? He quickly made the left back spot his own with many outstanding performances. Legend.
Login to get fewer ads

McGinty on 21:17 - Dec 5 with 1728 viewsTVOS1907

McGinty on 21:04 - Dec 5 by soulboy

'Youll never beat our Jimmy' as in jimmy Graham got off to a terrible start for us, possibly sent off in his first two games? He quickly made the left back spot his own with many outstanding performances. Legend.

Graham was sent-off against Doncaster on 28/11/92 and Bolton in the FA Cup a week later.

However, he had actually joined the club three years earlier and was probably around 100 appearances by then.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 22:14]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024