Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's 17:57 - Dec 14 with 1906 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his rejuvenated charges for a Friday evening visit to the County Ground Swindon for a League Two encounter in what is becoming a very closely fought competition for the top seven places.

As things stand the top two positions may already be taken, but the third automatic place is very much up for grabs along with the remaining four play-off places.
Colchester must be aiming for a top three finish.

Very sensibly the U’s have returned Kabamba to Pompey. He failed to score in 10 appearances and this is a wise move. I trust that another loan signing in January might be beneficial for him.

The injury to key defender Ryan Inniss has come at entirely the wrong time when JM was beginning to play a settled team, a luxury that has not presented itself for some considerable time. Moreover, the three-man defence is the major reason why the results have been more encouraging of late with a much stronger and resilient back line and with a plus 5 goal difference to boot.

JM seems keen to move Jackson back to play alongside Eastman and Kent because James is short of match practice (he would have been my choice). This would then suggest Kyel Reid would return on the wing.

After the euphoria of an anticipated Kurtis Guthrie return things have calmed down somewhat but he may well play a part in some of the forthcoming matches over Christmas when the squad really comes into its own.

Games against Port Vale at Home, Crawley and Chesterfield both Away, before the tasty derby match against Cambridge at the WHCS, will define our position in the top seven before the second week in January, when we will have 20 games remaining.

The top half of the league table is certainly tight as follows with GD separating a plethora of teams:

Luton 21 42
Notts County 21 42
Accrington 20 37
Exeter 21 36
Wycombe 21 33
Lincoln 21 33
Coventry 21 32
Swindon 20 32
Mansfield 21 32
COLCHESTER 21 32
Grimsby 21 32
Newport 21 31

Tomorrow’s game against David Flitcroft’s Robins is intriguing because their Home record matches our Away one and whilst this might point to the outcome resulting in a draw, I think that we must look to secure another Away win against one of our promotion rivals. More so because the next matches are all against teams lower in the table and where we can hope to pick up some more maximums.

Swindon Town will be missing their leading striker Luke Norris, but will still offer a stern test to JM’s U’s. Indeed, it is a real shame that the game is not being televised, because it should be entertaining fare. Instead the televised game is from Hillsborough, where Wednesday play table topping Wolves.

So, with JM looking to minimise changes a suggested team for Friday evening would look like this:

Walker

Eastman Jackson Kent

Vincent-Young Comley Lapslie Reid

Szmodics

Wright Mandron

Subs:

Gilmartin Kinsella Loft O’Sullivan Slater Guthrie Murray

It would be good for Slater, Guthrie and Murray to all get some minutes at the County Ground perhaps 20-30 second half.

In the meantime, we need Ryan Inniss to return ASAP.

Enjoy the game, safe journey for the travelling faithful and it will be very good to move up to 5th place, albeit for 24 hours!!!

Up the U’s

[Post edited 14 Dec 2017 18:24]

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 23:49 - Dec 14 with 1136 viewsoxfcolu

Local for me and can't wait for tomorrow night.
Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 00:07 - Dec 15 with 1136 viewsmfb_cufc

Good review as usual DE. I would make two changes from your chosen team. I think Kinsella will probably be left wing-back, as it is an away game, and I am sure Murray will play against his former club, and replace Comley. If Jackson is to play as one of the back three, I hope he takes the Eastman role, as it will be an interested pairing with him and KVY attacking down the right side.

mfb

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 10:37 - Dec 15 with 1101 viewsburnsieespana

Have KVY and Jackson played like that before? Bit of a risk as both attack minded.
Seems a pity James is considered, 'short of match practice' as another defensive injury and he would have to come into the side.
Kinsella a decent shout for left side.
Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 14:16 - Dec 15 with 1077 viewsdurham_exile

JM is looking to make a tactical switch for this evening's game but is keeping everyone guessing as to whether he will play 3 or 4 at the back.

My preferred option has to be stick with the 3,4,1,2 formation which the team are familiar with.

Although Inniss will miss out moving Jackson and bringing in Reid would be the minimum changes that he could make given the circumstances.

As MFB suggests Murray will play, I would think though he will start on the bench and be given some second half minutes.

Latest weather forecast - dry in Swindon with 3 degrees c at kick off time tonight.

Up the table climbing and promotion hopeful super U's

Oh what fun it is to see Col U win away

Walking in a Col U wonderland

And either - County Ground - there here, there there, there every ******* where - empty seats

or preferred option You're only here for the Col U

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 15:19 - Dec 15 with 1069 viewsLeadbelly

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 14:16 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

JM is looking to make a tactical switch for this evening's game but is keeping everyone guessing as to whether he will play 3 or 4 at the back.

My preferred option has to be stick with the 3,4,1,2 formation which the team are familiar with.

Although Inniss will miss out moving Jackson and bringing in Reid would be the minimum changes that he could make given the circumstances.

As MFB suggests Murray will play, I would think though he will start on the bench and be given some second half minutes.

Latest weather forecast - dry in Swindon with 3 degrees c at kick off time tonight.

Up the table climbing and promotion hopeful super U's

Oh what fun it is to see Col U win away

Walking in a Col U wonderland

And either - County Ground - there here, there there, there every ******* where - empty seats

or preferred option You're only here for the Col U

Come on the U's

I'd move Kent to the middle of the three and bring in Kinsella on the left. Everyone else stays where they were for the last game.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 18:55 - Dec 15 with 1048 viewsdurham_exile

Starting XI as suggested.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 19:26 - Dec 15 with 1043 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 18:55 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Starting XI as suggested.

Up the U's

Disappointing not to see Guthrie on the bench.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 20:24 - Dec 15 with 1032 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 19:26 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Disappointing not to see Guthrie on the bench.

Up the U's

1-0 down after 36 mins.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 20:35 - Dec 15 with 1027 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 20:24 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

1-0 down after 36 mins.

Come on the U's

FRANKIE KENT 1-1

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 20:36 - Dec 15 with 1026 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 20:35 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

FRANKIE KENT 1-1

HT

Everything to play for
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 20:42 - Dec 15 with 1025 viewsgerry_us

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 20:36 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

HT

Everything to play for
Up the U's

Not many people will have Frankie Kent as first scorer.
Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:07 - Dec 15 with 1019 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 20:42 - Dec 15 by gerry_us

Not many people will have Frankie Kent as first scorer.

What about Mandron for 2-1 Super U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:09 - Dec 15 with 1019 viewsgerry_us

Mandron 2-1 U's. I take all back what I've said about Mandron.
Now U's, DO NOT PARK THE BUS as we can't do it. Play in Swindon half.
Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:18 - Dec 15 with 1018 viewsgerry_us

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:09 - Dec 15 by gerry_us

Mandron 2-1 U's. I take all back what I've said about Mandron.
Now U's, DO NOT PARK THE BUS as we can't do it. Play in Swindon half.

Hmmmm! 2-2
Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:21 - Dec 15 with 1017 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:18 - Dec 15 by gerry_us

Hmmmm! 2-2

It's a desmond

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:23 - Dec 15 with 1015 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:21 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

It's a desmond

Super Sammie Szmodics value just went up to £1m

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:26 - Dec 15 with 1013 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:23 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Super Sammie Szmodics value just went up to £1m

Murray for Reid sensible substitution

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:37 - Dec 15 with 1008 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:26 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Outstanding victory.

The promotion bandwagon is alive and kicking.

Brilliant result.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:38 - Dec 15 with 1008 viewsgerry_us

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:26 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:45 - Dec 15 with 1000 viewsLeadbelly

Popped down the road just before half time to collect pizzas and a goal fest ensues in my absence. Excellent victory which I confess I didn't think very likely.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 22:00 - Dec 15 with 991 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 21:37 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Outstanding victory.

The promotion bandwagon is alive and kicking.

Brilliant result.

Up the U's

And now you're gonna believe it, the U's are going up

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 22:21 - Dec 15 with 987 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 22:00 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe it, the U's are going up

Up the U's

Brilliant scenes at the end of the match with the Colchester players shaking hands with Santa.

Apparently due to a Claus in their contracts!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 22:25 - Dec 15 with 986 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 22:21 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Brilliant scenes at the end of the match with the Colchester players shaking hands with Santa.

Apparently due to a Claus in their contracts!

Up the U's

Absolutely brilliant

Luton 21 42
Notts Co 21 42
Accrington 20 37
Exeter 21 36
COL U 22 35

Move aside Accrington Stanley we're coming through!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 23:06 - Dec 15 with 967 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's on 22:25 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Absolutely brilliant

Luton 21 42
Notts Co 21 42
Accrington 20 37
Exeter 21 36
COL U 22 35

Move aside Accrington Stanley we're coming through!

Up the U's

Have just watched the highlights.

Sammie Szmodics value is now £1.5m

Superb composed quality finish.

Mandron's header was also very good and Kent's finish was sublime.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the County Ground by Super U's (n/t) on 23:09 - Dec 15 with 966 viewsmfb_cufc

So good to win an away game coming from behind. Usually a draw is the best we can hope for when the opposition take the lead.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 1:11]

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024