Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United 17:12 - Jan 3 with 3219 viewsdurham_exile

Not quite what I was anticipating but I suppose JM is freeing up cash for transfer INs.

Up the U's
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 17:14]

Durham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 17:45 - Jan 3 with 2275 viewsgerry_us

That's got to be a step up for him, rather there than bum warming at U's. Another decent player frozen out?
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 17:47 - Jan 3 with 2274 viewsnoah4x4

What I expected, but not the location. It has been patently obvious something has not been right and his return to Scotland rather than an English club might explain all. Hope he enjoys his three week winter break and freezing his nuts off.
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 17:49 - Jan 3 with 2273 viewsnoah4x4

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 17:45 - Jan 3 by gerry_us

That's got to be a step up for him, rather there than bum warming at U's. Another decent player frozen out?

Scottish Championship a step up? Nah!
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 2260 viewsLeadbelly

I'm unsurprised and unimpressed in equal measure. Best midfielder at the club in my opinion and certainly the only one who can pass the ball. The football was certainly more entertaining last season when Slater was playing regularly.

I'd like to think the replacements will be better than what we have let go but based on the August arrivals I'll not be holding my breath.

Rumour of the day...Millwall have offered £600k for Szmodics, Col U holding out for £1.2m.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 18:14 - Jan 3 with 2257 viewsFruitbat

There you go, called it last week. Thought it would be a mistake then and still think its a mistake now its happened. As ably demonstrated on Monday, there's precious little creativity in our midfielfd as it is, now there's a lot less.
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 18:46 - Jan 3 with 2244 viewsthrillseeker

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 17:45 - Jan 3 by gerry_us

I agree Gerry in that another decent player has been frozen out
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 18:49 - Jan 3 with 2243 viewsthrillseeker

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 18:05 - Jan 3 by Leadbelly

I'm unsurprised and unimpressed in equal measure. Best midfielder at the club in my opinion and certainly the only one who can pass the ball. The football was certainly more entertaining last season when Slater was playing regularly.

I'd like to think the replacements will be better than what we have let go but based on the August arrivals I'll not be holding my breath.

Rumour of the day...Millwall have offered £600k for Szmodics, Col U holding out for £1.2m.

LB - your opinion is the same as mine in that I think he is our best midfielder. He is so much better than Marmite and Murray but I think something must have happended for him to be continually overlooked.

Please don't hold your breath as I fear you will suffer a slow painful death. I just cannot see a better replacement being brought in
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 19:12 - Jan 3 with 2234 viewsdurham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 18:05 - Jan 3 by Leadbelly

LB I do hope that your rumour is another pie in the sky one.

Losing Slater and Szmodics would be a double whammy. But seriously Millwall!!!!

Guthrie has not signed his new contract yet and assuming that Dickenson does return in February, he will need to be eased in gently, suggesting that it will be March before he is fully match fit.

Suddenly the glass half full is beginning to look half empty!

Humes out!!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 19:37 - Jan 3 with 2226 viewsLeadbelly

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 19:12 - Jan 3 by durham_exile

LB I do hope that your rumour is another pie in the sky one.

Losing Slater and Szmodics would be a double whammy. But seriously Millwall!!!!

Guthrie has not signed his new contract yet and assuming that Dickenson does return in February, he will need to be eased in gently, suggesting that it will be March before he is fully match fit.

Suddenly the glass half full is beginning to look half empty!

Humes out!!!!!!

Up the U's

Panic over. We've signed two youngsters from Maldon and Tiptree.

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 19:55 - Jan 3 with 2218 viewsdurham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 19:37 - Jan 3 by Leadbelly

Panic over. We've signed two youngsters from Maldon and Tiptree.

That's what I'm concerned about, no disrespect to Maldon and Tiptree but will they fire us to League One.

Up the fast diminishing in number Super U's

Durham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 20:09 - Jan 3 with 2210 viewsLeadbelly

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 19:55 - Jan 3 by durham_exile

That's what I'm concerned about, no disrespect to Maldon and Tiptree but will they fire us to League One.

Additions for the U23s rather than promotion securing first teamers I suspect but let's hope cynical old me is proved wrong.

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 20:11 - Jan 3 with 2210 viewsdurham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 19:55 - Jan 3 by durham_exile

Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe who has scored 34 goals this season and Ryan Gondoh.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 21:00 - Jan 3 with 2197 viewsnoah4x4

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 20:11 - Jan 3 by durham_exile

Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe who has scored 34 goals this season and Ryan Gondoh.

Up the U's

Two of my U's pals have recently watched Maldon and were raving about Junior Ogedi-Uzokewe. I predict He will be THE most valuable player in Division Two (at least at Scrabble, Jx8 and Zx10!). Let's give the lad a chance. He is 23, so he isn't destined for the U23 squad. 34 goals in 34 matches, top scorer across the leagues at his level,. Might be an awesome signing.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 21:01]
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 21:26 - Jan 3 with 2171 viewsLeadbelly

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 21:00 - Jan 3 by noah4x4

Two of my U's pals have recently watched Maldon and were raving about Junior Ogedi-Uzokewe. I predict He will be THE most valuable player in Division Two (at least at Scrabble, Jx8 and Zx10!). Let's give the lad a chance. He is 23, so he isn't destined for the U23 squad. 34 goals in 34 matches, top scorer across the leagues at his level,. Might be an awesome signing.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 21:01]

Might be an awesome signing but as he is stepping up 3 levels it is more than possible it won't be. Time will tell.

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 21:35 - Jan 3 with 2169 viewsbwildered

Lets hope he is a better signing than a PL boy who would be destined to be a serial loanee in a couple of seasons and contracted in them playing a number of minutes however hit and miss .
However our track record of signing non league players who have made the grade hence forth has been nothing short of abysmal ( with the exception of Coker and Hicks ).
Perhaps with hindsight keeping him a M&T to secure promotion to Bostick Premier would benefit everyone .
A take a punt signing, needs to be on the bench automatically to make a instant impression, but still a big jump in level .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 23:37 - Jan 3 with 2129 viewsFruitbat

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 21:26 - Jan 3 by Leadbelly

Might be an awesome signing but as he is stepping up 3 levels it is more than possible it won't be. Time will tell.

He can't be any worse than Kabamba.
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 23:59 - Jan 3 with 2123 viewsLeadbelly

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 23:37 - Jan 3 by Fruitbat

He can't be any worse than Kabamba.

If he is then Cowling should demand a number of resignations.

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 15:43 - Jan 4 with 2033 viewsnoah4x4

Feedback from those that have seen Junior Ogidee U'zkowes play is really positive.

Yes, it is a step up for him in leagues, but then so it was for Oxford City. We also see some decent players in Essex Snr Cup that trouble our professionals. I have an inkling we might have signed a gem.
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 16:31 - Jan 4 with 2025 viewsdurham_exile

Equally forgotten midfielder Tommy O'Sullivan loaned to Torquay.

Clearing the decks for some experience.

Good to see Luke Prosser returning to training and U23 action.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 16:35 - Jan 4 with 2023 viewsFruitbat

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 16:31 - Jan 4 by durham_exile

Equally forgotten midfielder Tommy O'Sullivan loaned to Torquay.

Clearing the decks for some experience.

Good to see Luke Prosser returning to training and U23 action.

Up the U's

Leaves us with Lapslie, Murray and the perma-injured Loft. Presumably means at the very least Comley is staying and/or another midfielder is on the way in. Who plays central midfield for Maldon?
Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 17:27 - Jan 4 with 2014 viewsLeadbelly

Strong rumour that Kinsella is going on loan to Aldershot.

It seems we have been and are moving on an awful lot of relatively recent signings which have been made by the club since the arrival of Iain Moody. Whilst signing players is not an exact science, with success far from guaranteed, a cynic may suggest his performance has been somewhat lacking. Or is there another explanation? Humes's man management skills perhaps, or so many of these signings not suited to McGreal's preferred formation/tactics/style of play? Something doesn't feel quite right about this turnover of players.

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 19:34 - Jan 4 with 1983 viewsdurham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 17:27 - Jan 4 by Leadbelly

Strong rumour that Kinsella is going on loan to Aldershot.

It seems we have been and are moving on an awful lot of relatively recent signings which have been made by the club since the arrival of Iain Moody. Whilst signing players is not an exact science, with success far from guaranteed, a cynic may suggest his performance has been somewhat lacking. Or is there another explanation? Humes's man management skills perhaps, or so many of these signings not suited to McGreal's preferred formation/tactics/style of play? Something doesn't feel quite right about this turnover of players.

LB your rumour machine is spot on regards Kinsella, he has gone on a 1 month loan to Aldershot.

I suspect that we have little option but to reduce the wages burden hence the transfers in and out.

Perhaps a marque signing is in the offing!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 20:59 - Jan 4 with 1964 viewsbwildered

Cannot see the trio resigning for the club thereafter . Dundee United might pay the full percentage of wages, but suggest Torquay and Aldershot might only pay a partial payment .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 12:07 - Jan 5 with 1914 viewsdurham_exile

Odelusi signs for Cheltenham and could play against the Super U's.

Unbelievable but true.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 14:02 - Jan 5 with 1892 viewsLeadbelly

Forgotten man Craig Slater loaned to Dundee United on 12:07 - Jan 5 by durham_exile

Odelusi signs for Cheltenham and could play against the Super U's.

Unbelievable but true.

Up the U's

Let's hope he maintains the level of performance we saw when he was a Us player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024