Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes 23:03 - Jan 5 with 1290 viewsdurham_exile

With League rivals either playing in the Cup or sitting out the weekend, JM and his charges have the chance to move up to third place in the league on Saturday when they entertain Cheltenham Town, marshalled by Gary Johnson.

It has been a busy week with successive 0-0 draws, meaning it is now 2 defeats in 17 games and an incredible 9 clean sheets during this run.

The transfer window has opened, and Colchester wasted little time in signing two players from Maldon and Tiptree (Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe and Ryan Gondoh). Junior is in the squad for the home game tomorrow.

Meanwhile Craig Slater has been loaned to Dundee United, Lewis Kinsella has moved to Aldershot, initially for one month and Tommy O’Sullivan has been loaned to Torquay until the end of the season. All three could be on their way out of the Club.

Unsurprisingly Sanmi Odelusi has not been retained by the club and has signed for Cheltenham and could play for the Robins tomorrow. Gary Johnson also has Emmanuel Onariase at his disposal and they will offer a threat from 12 goal Mohamed Eisa, who will need careful monitoring.

The transfers in and out leaves Ryan Inniss (currently injured), Kyel Reid, Brandon Comley and Brandon Hanlan currently on loan with the U’s. Inniss has been outstanding and it was unfortunate that he picked up a shoulder injury, Comley too has played well in the middle of the park, Reid has blown hot and cold, whilst Hanlan’s opportunities have been limited and with Guthrie returning soon full time and the signing of Junior it may be that Hanlan too will return to his parent club.

After a punishing schedule of games over Christmas, JM may be tempted to make a couple of changes and I suspect that he will stick with a 3,4,1,2 formation, something along these lines:

Walker

Eastman Kent Kpekawa

Murray Lapslie Comley Vincent-Young

Szmodics

Mandron Guthrie

Subs:
Gilmartin James Hanlan Wright Ogedi-Uzokwe Jackson Reid

I do hope that Guthrie starts tomorrow, and that Junior is given around 20 minutes in the second half.

The weather is set to be cloudy in Colchester, 5 degrees Celsius and with 28% precipitation.

Enjoy the game, get behind the U’s and roar them on to 3rd place.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:11 - Jan 6 with 1240 viewsgerry_us

Sammy on the bench. What does that tell us?
Good to see Junior...on the bench. Is he to be the one who gets 2 to 3 minute per game in future?
U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:27 - Jan 6 with 1237 viewsdurham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:11 - Jan 6 by gerry_us

Sammy on the bench. What does that tell us?
Good to see Junior...on the bench. Is he to be the one who gets 2 to 3 minute per game in future?

Gerry I fear Sammie on the bench means that he will be on his way.
Bianca Westwood from Sky is at the match and reckons that although Colchester are on top they lack quality in the final third. Weather not great either.

Bring Junior on second half for at least 20 minutes.

In the meantime up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:43 - Jan 6 with 1233 viewsdurham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:27 - Jan 6 by durham_exile

Gerry I fear Sammie on the bench means that he will be on his way.
Bianca Westwood from Sky is at the match and reckons that although Colchester are on top they lack quality in the final third. Weather not great either.

Bring Junior on second half for at least 20 minutes.

In the meantime up the U's

This is what we have been missing Kurtis Guthrie makes it 1-0 with an absolute screamer fright foot top corner.

Sammie who

Now sign your contract.

Up the U's
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 15:44]

Durham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:46 - Jan 6 with 1229 viewsdurham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:43 - Jan 6 by durham_exile

This is what we have been missing Kurtis Guthrie makes it 1-0 with an absolute screamer fright foot top corner.

Sammie who

Now sign your contract.

Up the U's
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 15:44]

Kyle Reid sent off serious foul play.

Get rid of him back to Coventry now

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:54 - Jan 6 with 1224 viewsgerry_us

Backs to the wall in second half. Unfortunately we are not good at it so hopefully we will keep pushing forward and play the remainder of the game in the Cheltenham half.
U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:58 - Jan 6 with 1221 viewsdurham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:54 - Jan 6 by gerry_us

Backs to the wall in second half. Unfortunately we are not good at it so hopefully we will keep pushing forward and play the remainder of the game in the Cheltenham half.

I hope that JM does not sacrifice a striker for another defender.

It does mean that Junior won't get on now.

Keep things as they are see how the first 20 mins goes and then consider options.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:20 - Jan 6 with 1213 viewsgerry_us

Ah....you couldnt make it up 1-1
U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:25 - Jan 6 with 1208 viewsMoor_Pinot

Why was no clause inserted denying Odulesi permission to play. Inept management yet again from our club - we frequently show a naiivity that baffles. Simply not a grown up organisation Peter and we rarely have been!

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:29 - Jan 6 with 1206 viewsgerry_us

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:25 - Jan 6 by Moor_Pinot

Why was no clause inserted denying Odulesi permission to play. Inept management yet again from our club - we frequently show a naiivity that baffles. Simply not a grown up organisation Peter and we rarely have been!

Good point PN but wonder if it was possible to insert a clause like that as it was a "sale" and not a loan.
U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:32 - Jan 6 with 1204 viewsMoor_Pinot

Maybe so Gerry - so delay the paperwork. We are very rarely a 'switched on ' club. The crowd today speaks volumes for something too.

Moor Pinot

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:41 - Jan 6 with 1197 viewsgerry_us

Come out from behind the sofa Peter...

Well, I had 3-1 scoreline but not that way round obviously.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 16:43]
U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:42 - Jan 6 with 1196 viewsdurham_exile

I am seething and absolutely furious.

Reid has cost us three points and it is shambolic.

Nothing short of disgraceful.

Up the U's

Attendance 2,886 says it all
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 16:45]

Durham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:46 - Jan 6 with 1190 viewsgerry_us

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:42 - Jan 6 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Blood pressure Peter
U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:47 - Jan 6 with 1189 viewsdurham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 16:42 - Jan 6 by durham_exile

Up the U's

An embarrassment now.

4-1

Simply not good enough.

And we will lose Szmodics this week.

Simply appalling.

Homes out!

Durham_exile

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 17:25 - Jan 6 with 1162 viewsmfb_cufc

The second-half was an absolute disgrace. Seemed more like six against eleven. Reid should never play for the club again after that. Send Drey Wright to Maldon, as that is about his level. All such a shame after the Guthrie wonder goal.

mfb

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 18:32 - Jan 6 with 1129 viewsbwildered

U's promotion push becomes unseated wth the comprehensive home defeat against the major hurdle of Cheltenham. A Guthrie screamer looked like the U's would then go on to win the game at a canter. However a straight red by Reid before half time, left the U's handicapped to play with just ten men for the rest of the game .
No problem for JM, just resort to Plan A, defend for a half ( just like against Cambrige ).
All goes well for ten minutes until Odelusi equalizes, then the going gets tough with the barn door now wide open because of no Plan B . Only one side to visit the winners enclosure at the end of this.
Any race for promotion after this is talking complete forelocks .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 09:56 - Jan 7 with 998 viewsLeadbelly

The first half was fairly even although almost devoid of quality, Guthrie's goal aside. Call of nature meant I missed the Reid dismissal but it sounds like it was a bonehead action by a player who knows he is probably on his way out of the club.

Reid's absence caused a problem but I believe KVY's substitution (hamstring issue?) was a bigger contributor to the second half capitulation. Based on the way we then performed defeat was never in doubt, the only question was by how many goals.

Odelusi is one of the most inept players I've seen in a Us shirt. Humes, Moody and anyone else involved in his signing should be ashamed of themselves. The fact that he then scored against us on his debut for Cheltenham, and could have had more, should be a real cause for concern for McGreal and his players.

The fact there were only 2,800 ish poor souls at the ground to witness events is probably a blessing.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

U's to overpower Robins at Fortress Weston Homes on 15:35 - Jan 7 with 958 viewsnoah4x4

This was the most inept performance I have seem Home or Away since Milton Keynes 6-0 which was also preempted by a stupid dismissal. I blame only Reid as whilst Xmas/New Year fatigue isn't an normally acceptable excuse going down to ten men must change the paradigm. Cheltenham exploited this brilliant by making the pitch very wide and running us ragged.

OK, KVY was injured, but the entire South Stand around me winced when Kepekawa replaced him. The resultant open door down that flank was predictable.It was after that substitution that the wheels utterly fell off. Frankly, I don't blame McGreal as he can only work with what Humes gives him. Humes out!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024