Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Delaney 18:18 - Jan 9 with 12265 viewsSaxonDale

signs on a permanent deal.

Edit- Centre half who has also played at wing back and midfield (albeit apparently less comfortably). Hopefully he's someone who can slot in straight away.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 18:24]
Ryan Delaney on 18:20 - Jan 9 with 8601 viewsDevonDale

Centre Half - left footed
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 18:23]
Ryan Delaney on 18:26 - Jan 9 with 8530 viewsrdaleouis

Ryan Delaney on 18:20 - Jan 9 by DevonDale

Centre Half - left footed
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 18:23]

Assuming he won’t be eligible for tonight’s game?
Ryan Delaney on 18:29 - Jan 9 with 8473 viewsJimmyRustler

Hope he's versatile enough to play up front
Ryan Delaney on 18:32 - Jan 9 with 8429 viewsoddjob007

Wouldn't have been a position I'd have covered immediately - we are short of options in the middle and up front!

That leaves us with McGahey, McNulty, Canavan, Nlthe and now Delaney at centre half, as well as Keane (but I think Hilly probably sees him as a defensive midfielder)

So whose on their way out? There's no way we need that many centre backs - unless it's end of the road for Canavan and he won't play for us again?
Ryan Delaney on 18:34 - Jan 9 with 8406 viewsColDale

Ryan Delaney on 18:32 - Jan 9 by oddjob007

Wouldn't have been a position I'd have covered immediately - we are short of options in the middle and up front!

That leaves us with McGahey, McNulty, Canavan, Nlthe and now Delaney at centre half, as well as Keane (but I think Hilly probably sees him as a defensive midfielder)

So whose on their way out? There's no way we need that many centre backs - unless it's end of the road for Canavan and he won't play for us again?

I think it was on the OS yesterday that Canavan is out injured for 3 months which pretty much ends his Dale career
Ryan Delaney on 18:35 - Jan 9 with 8397 viewsdingdangblue

Hope he scores a few of these for us - towering!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ryan Delaney on 18:36 - Jan 9 with 8388 viewsoddjob007

Ryan Delaney on 18:34 - Jan 9 by ColDale

I think it was on the OS yesterday that Canavan is out injured for 3 months which pretty much ends his Dale career

I thought we'd be able to cope without a defensive signing this window to be honest, even with carrying Canavan.
Ryan Delaney on 18:39 - Jan 9 with 8350 viewsnordenblue

Ryan Delaney on 18:36 - Jan 9 by oddjob007

I thought we'd be able to cope without a defensive signing this window to be honest, even with carrying Canavan.

This signing is obviously an attempt for longer term fix to our defensive problems hence the decent contract term,Hilly has obviously struck at a time he's available too
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Delaney on 18:42 - Jan 9 with 8316 viewsoddjob007

Ryan Delaney on 18:39 - Jan 9 by nordenblue

This signing is obviously an attempt for longer term fix to our defensive problems hence the decent contract term,Hilly has obviously struck at a time he's available too

Is now really the time to focus on long term fixes given our situation?
Ryan Delaney on 18:52 - Jan 9 with 8234 viewsSuddenLad

Ryan Delaney on 18:42 - Jan 9 by oddjob007

Yes.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ryan Delaney on 18:53 - Jan 9 with 8226 viewsJimmyRustler

I read on the Burton News that this lad is primarily a LB so perhaps it means that Bunney will be having a prolonged spell up front?

*shudders*
Ryan Delaney on 18:55 - Jan 9 with 8197 viewsdingdangblue

Maybe he'll do a Craig Dawson and make an instant impact? Who knows ? But it seems like he's done well winning the league in Ireland and also making the U21's - sounds like he's got great potential.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ryan Delaney on 18:57 - Jan 9 with 8174 viewsforeverhopefulDale

A decent long term fix is going to be good for our short term too, solves two problems in one.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Ryan Delaney on 19:03 - Jan 9 with 8111 viewsnordenblue

Yes....You saying we dont currently need a decent centre half and won't need one for the next 2 seasons?
Ryan Delaney on 19:08 - Jan 9 with 8060 viewssweetcorn

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ryan Delaney on 19:12 - Jan 9 with 8008 viewsDale23years

You should always focus on the long term situation, long term planning will eventually get rid of us fixing short term fixes.
lack of long term planning got us into the mess this season I reckon.

Cracking potential signing made here

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Ryan Delaney on 19:18 - Jan 9 with 7970 viewsJimmyRustler

Ryan Delaney on 19:12 - Jan 9 by Dale23years

You should always focus on the long term situation, long term planning will eventually get rid of us fixing short term fixes.

This is all true IF we also address the here and now. If this lad ends up being our only signing then watch out for me running starkers across the pitch at the last home game and dropkicking KH in the teeth.
Ryan Delaney on 19:26 - Jan 9 with 7909 viewsfitzochris

Ryan Delaney on 19:18 - Jan 9 by JimmyRustler

This is all true IF we also address the here and now. If this lad ends up being our only signing then watch out for me running starkers across the pitch at the last home game and dropkicking KH in the teeth.

He won’t be.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ryan Delaney on 20:03 - Jan 9 with 7680 viewsD_Dale

BBC reports he was signed for an undisclosed fee. Maybe a nominal sum so Burton can receive a share of any future transfer fees?
Ryan Delaney on 20:27 - Jan 9 with 7563 viewsoddjob007

Ryan Delaney on 19:18 - Jan 9 by JimmyRustler

Don't get me wrong - if he slots straight into our defence and makes a difference, great signing.

If he's more of an NML type signing, who took a little bit of time to get going, "one for next season" if you will, given our league position and rumoured cashflow issues, it doesn't make any sense.

We've got ourselves into a short term predicament, and signing a player for next season is not the answer!

Let's wait and see to how, and if, he plays.
Ryan Delaney on 20:30 - Jan 9 with 7536 viewsD_Alien

Ryan Delaney on 20:27 - Jan 9 by oddjob007

Don't get me wrong - if he slots straight into our defence and makes a difference, great signing.

If he's more of an NML type signing, who took a little bit of time to get going, "one for next season" if you will, given our league position and rumoured cashflow issues, it doesn't make any sense.

We've got ourselves into a short term predicament, and signing a player for next season is not the answer!

Let's wait and see to how, and if, he plays.

The alternative would've been to let a good prospect who we can afford, go to another club

That'd be terrible business... but we didn't

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ryan Delaney on 20:40 - Jan 9 with 7458 viewsDaleiLama

Ryan Delaney on 19:12 - Jan 9 by Dale23years

Not getting the players we had targetted doen't necessarily mean there is no long-term planning - it may just mean that we couldn't get who we wanted at the value we believed them to have and some other club came and gazumped us.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ryan Delaney on 20:41 - Jan 9 with 7442 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ryan Delaney on 20:30 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

The alternative would've been to let a good prospect who we can afford, go to another club

That'd be terrible business... but we didn't

Maybe, but I don't see defence as the main issue, attacking midfield/winger is what we need imho

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ryan Delaney on 20:41 - Jan 9 with 7433 viewsNigeriamark

Ryan Delaney on 18:32 - Jan 9 by oddjob007

Partly depends on the formation. If 3-5-2 I would be happy to see him tried with McGahey and Nlthe who I think is getting better as he gets more game time. That would only leave us with McNulty as cover as I assume Canavan is as good as out. It's a bit of an inexperienced back 3 but to be honest a lot of these 1 off mistakes or error from free kicks/corners have come when we have experienced players in there
Ryan Delaney on 20:47 - Jan 9 with 7383 viewsD_Alien

Ryan Delaney on 20:41 - Jan 9 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe, but I don't see defence as the main issue, attacking midfield/winger is what we need imho

So should KH wait until he signs one of those before signing other good prospects?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024