Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucketti quits 22:38 - Jan 14 with 42433 viewsfitzochris

News emerging...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 22:38]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lucketti quits on 18:24 - Jan 15 with 2610 views442Dale

Lucketti quits on 18:14 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

A sensible thing to do, as many Bury fans, who are also good working people, would be able to tell you.

The fans cannot be held accountable for the actions of the chairman. Forever Bury have been denied a voice and the official club messageboard was shut down some years ago. It is not easy to rid yourself of someone who owns the club you support. What's in it for them etc. That being said, there have been numerous attempts from Bury fans to get answers from the chairman since his arrival, open letters sent to local press to publicise our predicament, fans refusing to attend games and even recently one fan has proposed a boycott.

As for the lauding comment, glass houses comes to mind!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 18:16]

Forever Bury had a voice to speak out on a regular basis. Have they done this?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lucketti quits on 18:26 - Jan 15 with 2592 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 17:18 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Why are you telling Bury fans what they already know?

We will get relegated and likely go bust come the end of the year. That is the increasingly likely scenario.

Focus on your own clubs deficiencies and we will focus on ours.

I also find it odd that you criticise the other Bury fan for simply recalling a season in which Lucketti earned legendary status for us.

Would you offer similar criticism if I said Ryan Lowe earned legendary status at Bury for scoring 27 goals and the promotion goal at Chesterfield in 2011? Or Andy Bishop for keeping us in the football league single handedly between 2006-08?

As an added aside, just what is with the obsession with Bury on here? And I mean obsession. Before anyone starts the 'you're posting on a Rochdale messageboard' line, yes on a thread about Bury. I post on here because such is the weight of Bury related material, it would only be right to step in and set the record straight.

I encourage you to go on Gigg Lane.com and search threads which are specifically about Rochdale. Apart from threads concerning the matches between the two teams you would find literally nothing.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 17:28]

Wasn’t RAFCBLUE just replying to a Bury fan posting on here?

Problem is, a lot of your fans have buried their heads over this for years. The likes of yourself have been fairly sensible about it, but you’re in a minority.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lucketti quits on 18:28 - Jan 15 with 2580 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:24 - Jan 15 by 442Dale

Forever Bury had a voice to speak out on a regular basis. Have they done this?

Forever Bury were ordered by Day to pay £50k to keep their seat on the board or risk losing their cabin on the club site should they disagree with the club.

Please do not stoop so low as to insult the efforts of hard working volunteers who at one point fought to keep the club alive. They have no power thanks to the actions of Stewart Day and fans know this.
Lucketti quits on 18:31 - Jan 15 with 2561 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:26 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

Wasn’t RAFCBLUE just replying to a Bury fan posting on here?

Problem is, a lot of your fans have buried their heads over this for years. The likes of yourself have been fairly sensible about it, but you’re in a minority.

I certainly am not in a minority. I know Rochdale fans like to beleive this notion that all Bury fans are gullible idiots, but it simply isn't true. I know this.

I'd say there is about 15% of the fanbase currently supportive of Day, and these people, in fairness are gullible idiots. Every club has them.
Lucketti quits on 18:33 - Jan 15 with 2552 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 17:47 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Which do any of these points have to do with Rochdale AFC though?

There’s a thread about Cyrille Regis too, but he never played for Dale.

And doesn’t gigglane.com have several different boards, one of which is called a General Football Forum, or something? What’s that got to do with bury FC?

Until someone tells us that there are certain rules about what can and can’t be discussed, we’ll talk about what we like, particularly when it does indirectly affect us.

Lucketti quits on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 2539 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 18:31 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

I certainly am not in a minority. I know Rochdale fans like to beleive this notion that all Bury fans are gullible idiots, but it simply isn't true. I know this.

I'd say there is about 15% of the fanbase currently supportive of Day, and these people, in fairness are gullible idiots. Every club has them.

Well if that’s the case, there’s been a big swing since I last looked.

Lucketti quits on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 2538 viewssince58

Lucketti quits on 18:17 - Jan 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Won't they be struggling to do "Goal of the Month" right now.......How many if any,contenders?????

be careful what you wish for.
Lucketti quits on 18:37 - Jan 15 with 2532 views442Dale

Lucketti quits on 18:28 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Forever Bury were ordered by Day to pay £50k to keep their seat on the board or risk losing their cabin on the club site should they disagree with the club.

Please do not stoop so low as to insult the efforts of hard working volunteers who at one point fought to keep the club alive. They have no power thanks to the actions of Stewart Day and fans know this.

I'm not stooping at all.

Why can't any supporters' organisation speak out about all their interactions with a club? This includes making public all questions and answers. Should the club refuse to respond on any issues, they will be fully aware this will be in the public domain, not just info to members that isn't then available to fellow fans/the world in general.

Apologies if this has been happening regularly with Forever Bury, could you point us to the reports of where it has.

If what you say about a cabin is correct, maybe a new location would be preferable if it meant they could disagree?

Login to get fewer ads

Lucketti quits on 18:37 - Jan 15 with 2530 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:33 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

There’s a thread about Cyrille Regis too, but he never played for Dale.

And doesn’t gigglane.com have several different boards, one of which is called a General Football Forum, or something? What’s that got to do with bury FC?

Until someone tells us that there are certain rules about what can and can’t be discussed, we’ll talk about what we like, particularly when it does indirectly affect us.

Discussing football in a general sense is fine, I wasn't accusing Rochdale fans of being obsessed with the sport as a whole.. however within this non-Dale discussion there is undoubtedly a particular focus on Bury FC.

Again, for balance... I recommend you read the Gigglane.com general football sub-forum. Here's a link in fact:

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/forum/61-general-football-forum/

Again I challenge you to find Rochdale AFC related content.
Lucketti quits on 18:41 - Jan 15 with 2506 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:37 - Jan 15 by 442Dale

I'm not stooping at all.

Why can't any supporters' organisation speak out about all their interactions with a club? This includes making public all questions and answers. Should the club refuse to respond on any issues, they will be fully aware this will be in the public domain, not just info to members that isn't then available to fellow fans/the world in general.

Apologies if this has been happening regularly with Forever Bury, could you point us to the reports of where it has.

If what you say about a cabin is correct, maybe a new location would be preferable if it meant they could disagree?

Precisely this has happened. It all came out in the open when said order to Forever Bury was made. There was a very large thread on the old messageboard about it and I imagine is the reason it got shut down by the club.

Please, Rochdale and Bury fans are very similar. Both face the same issues and both find comfort in supporting their local clubs. Can you stop with the notion than Bury fans are some sort of unintelligent orcish type species compared to the saints of Rochdale fans.

Of course Bury fans have raised concerns about the running of the club and this includes Forever Bury.
Lucketti quits on 18:45 - Jan 15 with 2485 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 18:37 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Discussing football in a general sense is fine, I wasn't accusing Rochdale fans of being obsessed with the sport as a whole.. however within this non-Dale discussion there is undoubtedly a particular focus on Bury FC.

Again, for balance... I recommend you read the Gigglane.com general football sub-forum. Here's a link in fact:

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/forum/61-general-football-forum/

Again I challenge you to find Rochdale AFC related content.

And?

It’s the World Wide Web, where anyone can post about anything anywhere.

The fact you’re having to make this point on here is irony with knobs on.

Lucketti quits on 18:48 - Jan 15 with 2464 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:45 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

And?

Well where better to posit the notion of Rochdale fans being obsessed with Bury than a Bury thread on the Rochdale messageboard?

I wouldn't posit such a notion on the Bury messageboard would I, now that would be actually ironic.
Lucketti quits on 18:48 - Jan 15 with 2461 views442Dale

Lucketti quits on 18:41 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Precisely this has happened. It all came out in the open when said order to Forever Bury was made. There was a very large thread on the old messageboard about it and I imagine is the reason it got shut down by the club.

Please, Rochdale and Bury fans are very similar. Both face the same issues and both find comfort in supporting their local clubs. Can you stop with the notion than Bury fans are some sort of unintelligent orcish type species compared to the saints of Rochdale fans.

Of course Bury fans have raised concerns about the running of the club and this includes Forever Bury.

I mean since then. When Forever Bury have had interaction with the club, where are the reports? Or do they no longer talk to the club at all and has a statement on the reasons for this been made public?

If they have raised concerns, as you state, where are the reports of this on their website/elsewhere online?

Also, when this "order" was made, what was their official response to this?

Lucketti quits on 18:51 - Jan 15 with 2444 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:48 - Jan 15 by 442Dale

I mean since then. When Forever Bury have had interaction with the club, where are the reports? Or do they no longer talk to the club at all and has a statement on the reasons for this been made public?

If they have raised concerns, as you state, where are the reports of this on their website/elsewhere online?

Also, when this "order" was made, what was their official response to this?

Feel free to E-mail Valerie Joy about this topic.

If I can dig out the thread or subsequent responses I will.
Lucketti quits on 18:55 - Jan 15 with 2409 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Lucketti quits on 18:41 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Yeah and you expect me to believe that. What you lot do to goats is disgusting.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 20:21]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Lucketti quits on 18:57 - Jan 15 with 2402 views442Dale

Lucketti quits on 18:51 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Feel free to E-mail Valerie Joy about this topic.

If I can dig out the thread or subsequent responses I will.

I'm aware of the messageboard threads and what happened to individuals mentioned within them. That was in the past, we are talking about what they've done since/are doing now to represent supporters' concerns, and then subsequently inform ALL fans of what occurs when they liaise with the club by ensuring there is a consistency to their output in the public domain.

Edit: thanks for the offer to dig out the info or to email. But that's exactly the issue, there should be a clear process so that information is being made available to all Bury supporters via their website. This is something we successfully manage through our Trust at Dale who are fully aware that they are there to represent all fans, ask questions, then made public the answers.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 19:02]

Lucketti quits on 18:59 - Jan 15 with 2391 viewsdingdangblue

Lucketti quits on 18:48 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Well where better to posit the notion of Rochdale fans being obsessed with Bury than a Bury thread on the Rochdale messageboard?

I wouldn't posit such a notion on the Bury messageboard would I, now that would be actually ironic.

Why are you so bothered about what we discuss on here - are you obsessed or summat! 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lucketti quits on 18:59 - Jan 15 with 2391 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:45 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

And?

Again, I'm not denying your freedom of speech. Feel free to post as much Bury related content as you want, but expect to be labelled as having an obsession with the club.
Lucketti quits on 19:00 - Jan 15 with 2388 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 18:48 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Still here?

Lucketti quits on 19:00 - Jan 15 with 2383 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 18:59 - Jan 15 by dingdangblue

Why are you so bothered about what we discuss on here - are you obsessed or summat! 😉

So you're telling me I'm obsessed with Rochdale fans being obsessed about Bury?

*head explodes*
Lucketti quits on 19:01 - Jan 15 with 2377 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 19:00 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

Still here?

Yes, in your own words it's the World Wide Web, I can post where I like!
Lucketti quits on 19:03 - Jan 15 with 2363 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 18:59 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Again, I'm not denying your freedom of speech. Feel free to post as much Bury related content as you want, but expect to be labelled as having an obsession with the club.

I’m not actually sure I have done, tbh. Check my posts while you’re living on here.

Lucketti quits on 19:04 - Jan 15 with 2353 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 19:01 - Jan 15 by BURYFC_1885

Yes, in your own words it's the World Wide Web, I can post where I like!

Exactly. Looks like you’re obsessed as well.

Lucketti quits on 19:05 - Jan 15 with 2343 viewsBlueDales

Much like Celtic have suffered financially and remained stagnant in a footballing sense from not having regular derbies against Rangers, Dale don't benefit from Bury struggling financially/going out of business. Far from it.

Derbies are the matches that bring the crowds in. Bury dropping down the divisions due to financial trouble would hurt us too.
Lucketti quits on 19:05 - Jan 15 with 2340 viewsBURYFC_1885

Lucketti quits on 19:03 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

I’m not actually sure I have done, tbh. Check my posts while you’re living on here.

I was speaking generally, rather than about you specifically.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024