Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucketti quits 22:38 - Jan 14 with 42425 viewsfitzochris

News emerging...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 22:38]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lucketti quits on 22:41 - Jan 19 with 2730 viewsR11BFC

Lucketti quits on 22:37 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

Serious question - why does your avatar show a flag with Wetherby Whites on it? Is it yours?

Yeah it's mine. Had it made when i lived/worked in the Wetherby area and i like alliteration!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Lucketti quits on 22:47 - Jan 19 with 2720 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 22:41 - Jan 19 by R11BFC

Yeah it's mine. Had it made when i lived/worked in the Wetherby area and i like alliteration!

I suppose Crawshawbooth wouldn't fit on or alliterate, though, would it?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lucketti quits on 22:55 - Jan 19 with 2705 viewsR11BFC

Lucketti quits on 22:47 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

I suppose Crawshawbooth wouldn't fit on or alliterate, though, would it?

Crawshawbooth Crap or Rossendale Retards would work though!!!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Lucketti quits on 23:03 - Jan 19 with 2694 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 22:55 - Jan 19 by R11BFC

Crawshawbooth Crap or Rossendale Retards would work though!!!

Good point, although you would need a bigger flag or smaller letters.

Lucketti quits on 23:14 - Jan 19 with 2672 viewsR11BFC

Lucketti quits on 23:03 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

Good point, although you would need a bigger flag or smaller letters.

Lucketti quits on 23:15 - Jan 19 with 2667 viewsTVOS1907

Lucketti quits on 23:14 - Jan 19 by R11BFC

I think the word is 'bants'.

Lucketti quits on 23:18 - Jan 19 with 2661 viewskiwidale

Lucketti quits on 22:27 - Jan 19 by R11BFC

Not at all, i just think it's lame.

Dale comes up as dale on predictive text, but i wouldnt dream of leaving it as dale...as it's Dale. Respect!

Schoolboy stuff imo, but each to their own.

Anyway, i thought we were supposed to be being football fwends now King Keith!

where did you get that pic of D_Alien from

This is not the time for bickering.

Lucketti quits on 00:00 - Jan 20 with 2615 viewsdingdangblue

Lucketti quits on 22:27 - Jan 19 by R11BFC

Not at all, i just think it's lame.

Dale comes up as dale on predictive text, but i wouldnt dream of leaving it as dale...as it's Dale. Respect!

Schoolboy stuff imo, but each to their own.

Anyway, i thought we were supposed to be being football fwends now King Keith!

King Keith! Well deduced

.................................it's almost as if I told you!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Lucketti quits on 00:20 - Jan 20 with 2602 viewsjoecooke

ive got more time for halifax and they are from yarkshire!

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Lucketti quits on 00:48 - Jan 20 with 2584 viewsDaley_Lama

This thread has more pages (9) than bury consecutive games without a goal (8)

Poll: DF in or out

Lucketti quits on 07:49 - Jan 20 with 2486 viewsColDale

I'd say the reason we go on about Bury so much is that it is pure unadulterated voyeurism. I think R17 described it many years ago as "rubber necking". For all their ups and downs over the past 20 years, the one thing it has never been (off the fieldl) is dull.

Its become even more fascinating since Stewie came in. I've long since stopped trying to work out what's going on. The loans over the years would have scared me to death if they happened to us, especially with all the CCJ's, but I'd imagine there must be some comfort to a Bury fan that they keep happening as you can't keep getting loan after loan without something to back it up.

We're well past the stage where it looked like Stewie was out to rip Bury off, as if they were to sell the lot tomorrow, it wouldn't be enough to pay for all the various loans over the years. For me, it now looks nothing more than a young single lad who made plenty of money from his student housing and wanted to play real life Championship Manager (and it will always be CM and not FM!) hence all the "naive" mistakes made over the years. I'd hazard a guess that the loans are a "questionable" way of funding it rather than just genuine loans. But could well be wrong.

There has been genuine intrigue and concern from Dale supporters towards the goings on over at Bury since SD came in. As R11 will know, there has been information passed from Dale supporters to them which hasn't always made the public domain in support of them. And it's been a similar level of support shown to other clubs in their perceived hour of need.

That genuine concern has been tarnished by a perception that Bury supporters were far too happy to go along with it and worry about it later. Me and R11 have disagreed on this in the past, but it has seemed that those amongst the Bury support have been in a very small minority, and the #enjoytheriders have lapped it up in numbers.

Maybe that's a local rivalry thing, but I dare say the #enjoytheriders have stopped many sympathies amongst our fan base. After all, let's not forget that the spending beyond your means does impact on us and other clubs around us. Can't say Carl Lewis was overly enamoured with Ben Johnson, because let's be fair its nowt but financial doping.

From the outside looking in, it does seem like the only action taken thus far has been a letter to the Bury Times, which is hardly going to bring the regime to its knees or stop the club running like Stewie's playing Brewster's Millions. I do disagree with the "what else can we do?" as I'm sure the supporters of Brighton, Blackpool, Leyton Orient, AFC Wimbledon amongst others can testify to.

There's so many things supporters can do to apply pressure whether it be GMR phone ins, bedsheets, chants at matches, prematch leaflet drops, boycotts etc. Even the more extreme stuff like pitch invasions can play a part. It might sound trivial in comparison but years back the board decided to give the home terrace to Burnley when they were coming to town to try and maximise the income from the game. And despite this being in the preinternet days where its easier to plan these things, the fans revolted, protested during and after the next home match to the extent that the club acted and gave us back our terrace.

I accept the difficult position the Bury Trust were put in, but whilst its a great resource, at the end of the day, its just a portakabin (modular building, outhouse, small shed thingy). A Trust is a mouthpiece for the supporters, and had Stewie had the portakabin (modular building, outhouse, small shed thingy) removed, that in itself could have been the biggest own goal he's ever scored. For a body of supporters to be removed from the club for having the temerity to voice concerns, that might have had much more weight amongst the fanbase than seemingly giving an organisation its backing.

At the very least, you'd expect to see a statement on their website raising concerns. Good relations are essential, as we at the Dale Trust enjoy with our club, but there are times when the supporters need representing and if that's against the club, then so be it. To quote the great Billy Bragg "there is power in a union".
Lucketti quits on 08:05 - Jan 20 with 2461 viewskiwidale

Lucketti quits on 07:49 - Jan 20 by ColDale

I'd say the reason we go on about Bury so much is that it is pure unadulterated voyeurism. I think R17 described it many years ago as "rubber necking". For all their ups and downs over the past 20 years, the one thing it has never been (off the fieldl) is dull.

Its become even more fascinating since Stewie came in. I've long since stopped trying to work out what's going on. The loans over the years would have scared me to death if they happened to us, especially with all the CCJ's, but I'd imagine there must be some comfort to a Bury fan that they keep happening as you can't keep getting loan after loan without something to back it up.

We're well past the stage where it looked like Stewie was out to rip Bury off, as if they were to sell the lot tomorrow, it wouldn't be enough to pay for all the various loans over the years. For me, it now looks nothing more than a young single lad who made plenty of money from his student housing and wanted to play real life Championship Manager (and it will always be CM and not FM!) hence all the "naive" mistakes made over the years. I'd hazard a guess that the loans are a "questionable" way of funding it rather than just genuine loans. But could well be wrong.

There has been genuine intrigue and concern from Dale supporters towards the goings on over at Bury since SD came in. As R11 will know, there has been information passed from Dale supporters to them which hasn't always made the public domain in support of them. And it's been a similar level of support shown to other clubs in their perceived hour of need.

That genuine concern has been tarnished by a perception that Bury supporters were far too happy to go along with it and worry about it later. Me and R11 have disagreed on this in the past, but it has seemed that those amongst the Bury support have been in a very small minority, and the #enjoytheriders have lapped it up in numbers.

Maybe that's a local rivalry thing, but I dare say the #enjoytheriders have stopped many sympathies amongst our fan base. After all, let's not forget that the spending beyond your means does impact on us and other clubs around us. Can't say Carl Lewis was overly enamoured with Ben Johnson, because let's be fair its nowt but financial doping.

From the outside looking in, it does seem like the only action taken thus far has been a letter to the Bury Times, which is hardly going to bring the regime to its knees or stop the club running like Stewie's playing Brewster's Millions. I do disagree with the "what else can we do?" as I'm sure the supporters of Brighton, Blackpool, Leyton Orient, AFC Wimbledon amongst others can testify to.

There's so many things supporters can do to apply pressure whether it be GMR phone ins, bedsheets, chants at matches, prematch leaflet drops, boycotts etc. Even the more extreme stuff like pitch invasions can play a part. It might sound trivial in comparison but years back the board decided to give the home terrace to Burnley when they were coming to town to try and maximise the income from the game. And despite this being in the preinternet days where its easier to plan these things, the fans revolted, protested during and after the next home match to the extent that the club acted and gave us back our terrace.

I accept the difficult position the Bury Trust were put in, but whilst its a great resource, at the end of the day, its just a portakabin (modular building, outhouse, small shed thingy). A Trust is a mouthpiece for the supporters, and had Stewie had the portakabin (modular building, outhouse, small shed thingy) removed, that in itself could have been the biggest own goal he's ever scored. For a body of supporters to be removed from the club for having the temerity to voice concerns, that might have had much more weight amongst the fanbase than seemingly giving an organisation its backing.

At the very least, you'd expect to see a statement on their website raising concerns. Good relations are essential, as we at the Dale Trust enjoy with our club, but there are times when the supporters need representing and if that's against the club, then so be it. To quote the great Billy Bragg "there is power in a union".

as always Col the voice of reason, your ability to put both sides of the argument without prejudice is almost statesman like.

This is not the time for bickering.

Lucketti quits on 08:44 - Jan 20 with 2382 viewsR11BFC

Lucketti quits on 08:05 - Jan 20 by kiwidale

as always Col the voice of reason, your ability to put both sides of the argument without prejudice is almost statesman like.

Agreed, it's an excellent overall post.

I would take exception to:

From the outside looking in, it does seem like the only action taken thus far has been a letter to the Bury Times...

...we've done far more. Not got time to go into them all as i'm off to Oxford soon, but for example we got David Conn to do a national newspaper article, we have a group of supporters who look into all things financial (and fair play, Dale fans have helped us as well with some info), i myself have had a personal meeting with Mr Day for over 2 hours sharing my concerns, we've managed to list Gigg Lane as a 'community asset' and i know fans who have and do boycott games, etc.

But i do accept we (and indeed Forever Bury) could have done more, especially a more organised campaign; i suppose we wanted a working relationship. As Col rightly says, Mr Day hasnt come in to asset strip...more a deluded FM (or CM!) player, built on sand imo.

Good to see a well balanced thought out post though...it must have taken you ages Col. Well done.

And as for Billy Bragg...any opportunity to watch this again!

Lucketti quits on 09:01 - Jan 20 with 2349 viewsDaleiLama

Very interesting and good couple of posts from Col and R11 there. Imho, it is much more laudable for us to try to help the genuine Bury fans, than to hurl abuse and derision at the loons. In this life, what goes around comes around and none of us know if/when the boot could be on the other foot. Together, people are stronger.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lucketti quits on 10:15 - Jan 20 with 2262 viewsjudd

Lucketti quits on 07:49 - Jan 20 by ColDale

Pinky

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lucketti quits on 17:03 - Jan 20 with 2104 views442Dale

Rumour chris lucketti on 18:54 - Nov 22 by nordenblue

Does he still live in Norden anybody know,his kids went to school there I do know
Worth remembering...

Club gets new manager
Fans get excited
Lose a few
Fans start looking deeper and focus on the chairman
Fans criticise manager as losses continue
Fans focus even more on the chairman
Chairman sacks manager
Get new manager
Wins a game or two
Fans forget about chairman and focus on football.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024