Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson... 22:49 - Feb 6 with 3498 viewsTVOS1907

... scored his 81st Dale goal tonight, taking him past Gary Jones into fourth place in our all-time scorers' list.

His next target is Steve Whitehall, who hit 92 goals for the club.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ian Henderson... on 22:56 - Feb 6 with 3435 viewslurker

Hendo deserves his place in Rochdale legend. Great that he's achieved this milestone but we all know Henderson's game contribution is so much more than just his goals. When you take a step back and watch him play from a technical perspective he is excellent and must be a headache for opposing coaching staff to prepare for him each week.
Ian Henderson... on 22:56 - Feb 6 with 3434 viewsDaleiLama

Pretty ok for someone who's past it?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ian Henderson... on 23:03 - Feb 6 with 3346 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson... on 22:56 - Feb 6 by lurker

Hendo deserves his place in Rochdale legend. Great that he's achieved this milestone but we all know Henderson's game contribution is so much more than just his goals. When you take a step back and watch him play from a technical perspective he is excellent and must be a headache for opposing coaching staff to prepare for him each week.

I thought he was excellent tonight. A pitch invaders brain cell between him and Cannon for MoM

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson... on 23:10 - Feb 6 with 3276 viewsClivert

When you consider the importance and brilliance of some of his goals you’d have to rank him up there as one of our all time greats.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 23:28]
Ian Henderson... on 23:25 - Feb 6 with 3201 viewsScunnydale

Ian Henderson... on 23:10 - Feb 6 by Clivert

When you consider the importance and brilliance of some of his goals you’d have to rank him up there as one of our all time greats.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 23:28]

There's a definite showreel, isn't there?

I'm thinking Leeds and Cheltenham for starters.
Ian Henderson... on 00:10 - Feb 7 with 3088 viewsShun

Easily my favourite player since he joined the club. I just love the man. Possibly controversially I'd also have him as my player of the season so far too.
Ian Henderson... on 04:15 - Feb 7 with 2946 viewsCanaDale

A great player, who's always managed to deliver in the big occasions.
Ian Henderson... on 08:06 - Feb 7 with 2838 viewssoulboy

Not only a legend but for me the best all round footballer ive ever seen play for us, and ive watched Dale since the 60s.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Henderson... on 08:10 - Feb 7 with 2820 viewskiwidale

Ian Henderson... on 08:06 - Feb 7 by soulboy

Not only a legend but for me the best all round footballer ive ever seen play for us, and ive watched Dale since the 60s.

That's a big call soulboy but fair play your in a position to judge not many would have seen Reg Stan Milburn Frank lord all the 1969 team and Hendo.

This is not the time for bickering.

Ian Henderson... on 08:22 - Feb 7 with 2778 viewssoulboy

Ian Henderson... on 08:10 - Feb 7 by kiwidale

That's a big call soulboy but fair play your in a position to judge not many would have seen Reg Stan Milburn Frank lord all the 1969 team and Hendo.

Never saw Milburn or Lord play but Hendo for me, beats the rest.
Ian Henderson... on 08:30 - Feb 7 with 2753 viewsaleanddale

When on fire he is unstoppable!!

Very good last night only just missed out on MOM as Cannon was unbelievable!!!

Congrats on the 81st Hendo.... 19 more to the 100 club... you can do it!
Ian Henderson... on 09:38 - Feb 7 with 2648 viewsRAFCBLUE

A slight twist to the question:

How much have Ian Henderson goals added to the coffers of the club?

The goal last night, the goal vs Leeds in the 3rd round?

£500,000?

We're unlikely to sell him and I think he'll finish his career here but there are some transfers that don't make that sort of cash.

Would be great to see him get to 100 goals in a Dale shirt.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Ian Henderson... on 09:42 - Feb 7 with 2635 viewsdingdangblue

Ian Henderson... on 08:30 - Feb 7 by aleanddale

When on fire he is unstoppable!!

Very good last night only just missed out on MOM as Cannon was unbelievable!!!

Congrats on the 81st Hendo.... 19 more to the 100 club... you can do it!

Imagine if he could take a decent penalty 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ian Henderson... on 09:50 - Feb 7 with 2584 viewselectricblue

Hendo would be much closer to stevie whitehalls tally if it was not for his penalty misses infact he might have surpassed that tally.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ian Henderson... on 09:55 - Feb 7 with 2567 viewsD_Alien

It's really pleasing to see him cut out the niggly petulance from his game

He's obviously got the ability to make a huge difference to our fortunes when he concentrates on playing football, which made it all the more dispiriting when he let himself, his team-mates and supporters down

If that's in the past now, i'm 100% a fan of the Hendo who pulls his tripe out for the team and brings special times to the club

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson... on 09:57 - Feb 7 with 2561 viewsLaveritty

After his sublime goal against Chesterfield last season, which came after several weeks/games without a goal and many on here were questioning whether he deserved his place in the team, I set up a thread with the title "Form is temporary - Class is permanent!" Last night's lung busting run on a beach like surface to get on the end of a move that he started 70/80 yards earlier merely confirms that belief for me! Best Dale player in my lifetime!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Ian Henderson... on 09:57 - Feb 7 with 2560 viewsDevonDale

Ian Henderson... on 09:50 - Feb 7 by electricblue

Hendo would be much closer to stevie whitehalls tally if it was not for his penalty misses infact he might have surpassed that tally.

He might be a bit closer if he was half as good at winning a penalty as Stevie was...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024