Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide 00:17 - Feb 11 with 21651 viewsDaley_Lama

Hi All (Dale Fans)

As we all know, there will be approximately 3500 Tottenham Hotspur fans making their way from Wembley up to Rochdale next Saturday.

As most of us know, the tradition of RAFC and Rochdale fans is to be as welcoming, helpful and charming as possibly possible.

I think it is important that we therefore have a thread that follows this long held belief. So here it is.

Please post tips and advice as best as you can

Poll: DF in or out

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:21 - Feb 11 with 11012 viewsDaley_Lama

Tip 1 from me.

Train travellers.

Rochdale is in Greater Manchester, but it is not in Manchester. I know that you can get from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly (the northern one) in less than 2 hours, but we don't have the tube so the last bit is a bit slower.

You might have to walk (yes walk) from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria and get another train.

Then you need to get to the ground....
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 0:45]

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:22 - Feb 11 with 11003 viewsDaley_Lama

Tip 2

Taxis. They are affordable up north. I'm not kidding, they really are.

£5 to travel 3 miles. including tip. Without Uber.

I'm not kidding.

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:24 - Feb 11 with 10999 viewsDaley_Lama

Tip 3.

Food.

We have all the major food retailers in Rochdale, Mcdonalds, KFC, Subway.

You should therefore be well catered for.

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:26 - Feb 11 with 10989 viewsjudd

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:24 - Feb 11 by Daley_Lama

Tip 3.

Food.

We have all the major food retailers in Rochdale, Mcdonalds, KFC, Subway.

You should therefore be well catered for.

Tip 4

Sorry about the late postponement.

See you Tuesday

Sorry we don't have a PC World
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 0:27]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:26 - Feb 11 with 10991 viewsDaley_Lama

Tip 4.

Alcohol.

You can get a pint in Rochdale which is

a) Less than £2.50
b) Not flat
c) Abv Vol > 4.0%
d) Not s****

Your taxi home costs next to nothing (see point 2) so knock yourself out

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:28 - Feb 11 with 10975 viewsDaley_Lama

Tip 5 (we can't count up north)

Alcohol (Part 2)

You will be able to buy alcohol, on a Sunday, between 16:00 and 18:00, inside a football ground and consume it without being arrested.

We might have a bit of a dodgy Liberal background in this town but still, liberal is as liberal does.

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:30 - Feb 11 with 10964 viewsjudd

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:28 - Feb 11 by Daley_Lama

Tip 5 (we can't count up north)

Alcohol (Part 2)

You will be able to buy alcohol, on a Sunday, between 16:00 and 18:00, inside a football ground and consume it without being arrested.

We might have a bit of a dodgy Liberal background in this town but still, liberal is as liberal does.

Tip 8

Lama can't count

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:33 - Feb 11 with 10957 viewsDaley_Lama

Tip 6

You are getting the best stand I suspect you will get all season. No fitting you in, no giving you the least you are allowed with only 2nd cousins of David Levy getting tickets.

We do however have pigeons in Rochdale and they are prone to poohing occasionally.

if your seat does have a bit of pooh on it, please don't write to your local MP, simply go under the stand and get a serviette and wipe it away.

We can't afford valet bum parking unfortunately.

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:34 - Feb 11 with 10951 views1mark1

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:21 - Feb 11 by Daley_Lama

Tip 1 from me.

Train travellers.

Rochdale is in Greater Manchester, but it is not in Manchester. I know that you can get from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly (the northern one) in less than 2 hours, but we don't have the tube so the last bit is a bit slower.

You might have to walk (yes walk) from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria and get another train.

“Tip 1 from me.

Tran travellers. “

Just because they are from London, they are not necessarily Trans people. 😀

Seriously think, you mean Tram or Train or even both.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:36 - Feb 11 with 10943 viewsD_Alien

Tip X

When you're wending your way to the ground, if someone in passing asks "Where's the tip?" they're probably not looking for a handout - although you can't ever be sure

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:40 - Feb 11 with 10940 viewsDaley_Lama

Players and boundaries

You will get to see your players in full size, due to the stand you are in being right by the pitch. They really will be like real life, even for those sat at the very back of the stand.

With this great pleasure comes a degree of respect and boundaries.

I don't know what it is like at Wembley, but I suspect that if you tried to get to shake Deli's hand, you won't get very far.

At Spotland, the joy of being able to see players in the flesh requires a bit of self moderation. If you really want to go and say hi to a player on the pitch ( and it is on BBC) then there is nothing of real note to stop you.

I would have said please be led by the home fans example, but standards have slipped of late.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 0:51]

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:42 - Feb 11 with 10926 viewsDaley_Lama

Our mascot is a dragon.

If you feel like taking the Michael out of this please do so, but the ultimate joke is on you. Only 6 people know the reason why and one of them is mute.

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:47 - Feb 11 with 10900 viewsDaley_Lama

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:34 - Feb 11 by 1mark1

“Tip 1 from me.

Tran travellers. “

Just because they are from London, they are not necessarily Trans people. 😀

Seriously think, you mean Tram or Train or even both.

Typo corrected.

See Tip 4

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:58 - Feb 11 with 10865 viewsjudd

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:47 - Feb 11 by Daley_Lama

Typo corrected.

See Tip 4

Lama loves Arsenal otherwise he wouldn't be taking the piss out of you Y...ids.

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 01:05 - Feb 11 with 10860 viewsDaley_Lama

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:58 - Feb 11 by judd

Lama loves Arsenal otherwise he wouldn't be taking the piss out of you Y...ids.

i think the embattled nature of this board of late has got to you judd, my tips are as kind as kind can be.

It’s apparantly grim up north. This lot will have watched Game of Thrones.

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 02:47 - Feb 11 with 10786 viewsSandyman

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 00:21 - Feb 11 by Daley_Lama

Tip 1 from me.

Train travellers.

You don't have to walk from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria . Most train tickets into Manchester allow free travel on the Metrolink tram system city zone, which will get you from Picc to Vic on a tram. Then you can get a train (quick) or tram (slow) to Rochdale. Get off at the rail station and there will be taxis hanging around to ferry you to Spotland / Crown Oil Arena / alehouse of choice

And for the 94th time, Rochdale is in Lancashire!
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 06:12 - Feb 11 with 10686 viewsBobbyjoe

Locals may smile, say, "How do!", and ask how you are. Don't be alarmed!
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 08:05 - Feb 11 with 10521 viewsDaley_Lama

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 02:47 - Feb 11 by Sandyman

You don't have to walk from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria . Most train tickets into Manchester allow free travel on the Metrolink tram system city zone, which will get you from Picc to Vic on a tram. Then you can get a train (quick) or tram (slow) to Rochdale. Get off at the rail station and there will be taxis hanging around to ferry you to Spotland / Crown Oil Arena / alehouse of choice

And for the 94th time, Rochdale is in Lancashire!

I did say ‘you might’ have to walk. Trams are fine but you don’t get to meet the locals, something not to be missed.

I would have said ‘Lsncashire’ but there is no Lancashire United as a reference point.

I thought it worth using Areyoumanuyou? as a reference point for those of them you know this sceptred isle as

1. Laandon
2. The rest of the country.

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 08:52 - Feb 11 with 10392 viewschalkyncfc

There are a lot of people in Rochdale who speak in a strange language that you would never have heard before,its hard to understand and sounds as though its got some English in it, this is called Lancastrian and its probably better to move along and find somebody who's Polish for information
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 09:09 - Feb 11 with 10346 viewsDaleiLama

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 08:52 - Feb 11 by chalkyncfc

There are a lot of people in Rochdale who speak in a strange language that you would never have heard before,its hard to understand and sounds as though its got some English in it, this is called Lancastrian and its probably better to move along and find somebody who's Polish for information

If any of the Spurs fans cruckle taking a short cut through a ginnel they'll need an interpreter at the infirmary

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 10:27 - Feb 11 with 10128 viewsTTNYear

Tip number 23

Talking

It's not cant or fack. Up here we like our u's, it gives words much more venom and feeling. If you use said terminology in front of us northerners expect a pitying look.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 10:42 - Feb 11 with 10059 viewsR17ALE

Tip #24

Life is not one big episode of Porridge where you go round telling everyone to "naff orf".

A simple bugger off is sufficient.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 11:04 - Feb 11 with 9984 viewsSheffdale

For history lovers, the Co-op movement owes its origins to Rochdale and the small museum on Toad Lane is worth a visit. The Rochdale Principles still guide the movement I believe. I brought along a friend for the derby v Bury last year and we dropped in. There were cultured, respectable Bury fans taking a keen interest. Yes both cultured and respectable in the same sentence as Bury*. The link is below and it's close to The Baum ,a pub already recommended.

https://www.rochdalepioneersmuseum.coop

* One of our main local rivals. Neighbours in the league as well. Often referred to as bury on here with a sneering lower case 'b'. Chanted musically (term used loosely) as "a small town in Heywood". Record winners in FA Cup they'll tell you ad infinitum.
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 11:28 - Feb 11 with 9926 views1mark1

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 11:04 - Feb 11 by Sheffdale

For history lovers, the Co-op movement owes its origins to Rochdale and the small museum on Toad Lane is worth a visit. The Rochdale Principles still guide the movement I believe. I brought along a friend for the derby v Bury last year and we dropped in. There were cultured, respectable Bury fans taking a keen interest. Yes both cultured and respectable in the same sentence as Bury*. The link is below and it's close to The Baum ,a pub already recommended.

https://www.rochdalepioneersmuseum.coop

* One of our main local rivals. Neighbours in the league as well. Often referred to as bury on here with a sneering lower case 'b'. Chanted musically (term used loosely) as "a small town in Heywood". Record winners in FA Cup they'll tell you ad infinitum.

Sadly, for any potential visitors on Sunday, not open on a Sunday, though if there was a pre arranged group wanting to visit, I am sure the museum would be able to make special arrangements to open.

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 11:32 - Feb 11 with 9903 views1mark1

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 11:28 - Feb 11 by 1mark1

Sadly, for any potential visitors on Sunday, not open on a Sunday, though if there was a pre arranged group wanting to visit, I am sure the museum would be able to make special arrangements to open.

Also for history lovers of course, is the Town Hall, but sadly not open on Saturdays and Sundays.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024