Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket prices elsewhere 18:01 - Feb 20 with 812 viewsLeadbelly

Work colleague is off to Ukraine tomorrow. He is attending Dynamo Kiev v AEK Athens in the Europa League on Thursday.

Most expensive ticket for the game? Approximately £15. Cheapest? 91p!

Makes you think.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ticket prices elsewhere on 18:46 - Feb 20 with 801 viewsnoah4x4

£15 ....blimey, how incredibly expensive.......!

All data below is current as of today....source Wikipedia and Currency XE...

The average monthly wage in the Ukraine is 7,065 Hryvnia.

7,065 UAH at today's exchange rate is £185.84. Hence, the most expensive ticket (if that costs £15) represents 8% of the average Ukranian monthly wage. Four top price tickets a month demands 32% of average monthly wage.

By contrast, the average monthly wage in the UK is £1,763.

A prime match day (W6) ticket in the West Stand at WHCS is £27. Hence merely 1.53% of average monthly income. The most expensive Ukranian ticket is five times as expensive when we compare relative monthly incomes.

The cheapest match day ticket in the South Stand is £19 hence 1% of average wage. If the cheapest Ukrainian ticket is £0.91 that is around 0.5% of average wage. But given such incredibly low average monthly incomes, extra incentive is probably necessary to get people through the turnstiles. But at top price tickets, makes one wonder how they can afford a pint!
Ticket prices elsewhere on 21:07 - Feb 20 with 785 viewsLeadbelly

Ticket prices elsewhere on 18:46 - Feb 20 by noah4x4

£15 ....blimey, how incredibly expensive.......!

All data below is current as of today....source Wikipedia and Currency XE...

The average monthly wage in the Ukraine is 7,065 Hryvnia.

7,065 UAH at today's exchange rate is £185.84. Hence, the most expensive ticket (if that costs £15) represents 8% of the average Ukranian monthly wage. Four top price tickets a month demands 32% of average monthly wage.

By contrast, the average monthly wage in the UK is £1,763.

A prime match day (W6) ticket in the West Stand at WHCS is £27. Hence merely 1.53% of average monthly income. The most expensive Ukranian ticket is five times as expensive when we compare relative monthly incomes.

The cheapest match day ticket in the South Stand is £19 hence 1% of average wage. If the cheapest Ukrainian ticket is £0.91 that is around 0.5% of average wage. But given such incredibly low average monthly incomes, extra incentive is probably necessary to get people through the turnstiles. But at top price tickets, makes one wonder how they can afford a pint!

Top research Noah.

He went to a game at Shakthar Donetsk last year. Similar prices and the stands were heated!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ticket prices elsewhere on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 781 viewsnoah4x4

Ticket prices elsewhere on 21:07 - Feb 20 by Leadbelly

Top research Noah.

He went to a game at Shakthar Donetsk last year. Similar prices and the stands were heated!

If I was paying 8% of monthly income on a West Stand Ticket I would want my seat heated, padded with ermine and with gold plated armrests.
Ticket prices elsewhere on 18:00 - Feb 21 with 750 viewsDaniel

I've seen Spurs at Wembley a few times this season. They catagorise their ticket prices based on who the opposition is and i've been getting tickets for the top catagory games (Real Madrid, Juventus, Arsenal) for £35. Lesser opposition in the Premier League is as low as £20 a ticket.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024