Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston 09:59 - Feb 23 with 1241 viewsdurham_exile

JM leads his beleaguered charges against Graham Westley’s Bees of Barnet on home soil at the WHCS this weekend.

Last week’s performance was awful and woeful but that has gone, and it is time for the U’s to move on. However, anything other than three points this weekend and it is all over for another season.

Now it has emerged that Sammie Szmodics has been suffering from a back injury, additionally Kurtis Guthrie is taking things easy on his sore ankle. Neither will be fit for Saturday’s battle against the basement dwellers.

Better news Kane Vincent-Young is fit again. We have missed him.

JM needs to line up thus:

Walker

Eastman Prosser Kent

Vincent-Young Comley Stevenson Dickenson

Senior Mandron Ogedi-Uzokwe

Subs:
Lapslie Shodipo Inniss Gilmartin Wright Murray Mandeville

Not only do we need to win tomorrow, but also a handsome victory is required to improve on our Goal Difference which could be vital come the end of the season.
A reminder of what is to come and the likely results that we might obtain which would give another 24 points:

Barnet H - WIN
Morecambe A - WIN
Mansfield A - DRAW
Yeovil H - WIN
Stevenage A - WIN
Luton H - DEFEAT
Forest Green A - WIN
Accrington H - DRAW
Notts Co H - DRAW
Lincoln A - DEFEAT
Swindon H - WIN
Exeter A — WIN

JM must play his best team (available) and that means some awkward decisions to drop some of his favourites like Drey Wright.

League table:

Luton 33 67
Wycombe 33 62
Accrington 33 62
Mansfield 33 59
Notts Co 34 58
Swindon 34 57
Exeter 32 55
Lincoln 33 53
Crawley 34 51
Coventry 32 50
COLCHESTER 34 50

Weather due to be about 4 degrees Celsius and partly sunny.

The crowd will hopefully be better for a derby game.

Enjoy the game and the three points.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 17:40 - Feb 23 with 1205 viewsburnsieespana

Pretty much spot on durham and on the face of it we have a strong squad.
Some tough games ahead and we certainly need to be beating those teams ahead of us to stand any chance of the playoffs.
Four goals tomorrow would help our cause no end!
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 19:04 - Feb 23 with 1195 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 17:40 - Feb 23 by burnsieespana

Pretty much spot on durham and on the face of it we have a strong squad.
Some tough games ahead and we certainly need to be beating those teams ahead of us to stand any chance of the playoffs.
Four goals tomorrow would help our cause no end!

I can't see where four goals are going to come from.

My prediction....

McGreal will drop Junior and play Guthrie (wrong decision IMHO).
Will play Drey Wright (an even bigger mistake).
Will play Murray instead of Stevenson.
Will forgive Szmodics ("bad back"?....I suspect a remarkable recovery is on the cards).
Will he risk starting Dickenson? Probably not.
Will he play Shodipo? Doubt it.
No...it will again be his love-child Drey Wright.
I would object less if he played Wright wide and on his correct wing.

We need width and two wing backs that can get behind the defence and cross rather than constantly cut inside and blast the ball towards the corner flag. Junior got zero service last week from Wright and Jackson. We need proper wide men.
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 23:10 - Feb 23 with 1156 viewsoxfcolu

Everyone has made good points so far. The biggest one is the need for width and decent crosses.It's not rocket science and the main thing we are lacking.
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 09:14 - Feb 24 with 1132 viewsgerry_us

I am personally very worried about Durham.
Suggesting we could lose two matches during the rest of the season?????
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 15:55 - Feb 24 with 1082 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 09:14 - Feb 24 by gerry_us

I am personally very worried about Durham.
Suggesting we could lose two matches during the rest of the season?????

Gerry I'm more concerned about predicting Seven more victories

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 15:58 - Feb 24 with 1081 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 15:55 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Gerry I'm more concerned about predicting Seven more victories

Going well so far today!
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:07 - Feb 24 with 1077 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 15:58 - Feb 24 by gerry_us

Going well so far today!

And Morecambe winning 3-0 at the Chairboys.

Big 45 mins coming up, either on course or oblivion.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:19 - Feb 24 with 1073 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:07 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

And Morecambe winning 3-0 at the Chairboys.

Big 45 mins coming up, either on course or oblivion.

Up the U's

My 4-0 to U's not looking food.
Morecambe looking good though.
Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:23 - Feb 24 with 1070 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:19 - Feb 24 by gerry_us

My 4-0 to U's not looking food.
Morecambe looking good though.

Gerry don't think my 5-0 will come in either!

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:28 - Feb 24 with 1067 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:23 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

Gerry don't think my 5-0 will come in either!

JM must go 1-0 down incredible

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:29 - Feb 24 with 1064 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:28 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

JM must go 1-0 down incredible

Erm....embarrassing!
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:51 - Feb 24 with 1053 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:29 - Feb 24 by gerry_us

Erm....embarrassing!

4 mins

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:56 - Feb 24 with 1049 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:51 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

4 mins

All over for another year, simply not good enough, JM out.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 17:08 - Feb 24 with 1042 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 16:56 - Feb 24 by durham_exile

All over for another year, simply not good enough, JM out.

Up the U's

Blood pressure Durham

Needed something to get me over "man flue" this week. That didn't.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 17:11]
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 17:14 - Feb 24 with 1033 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 17:08 - Feb 24 by gerry_us

Blood pressure Durham

Needed something to get me over "man flue" this week. That didn't.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 17:11]

Gerry

Grim result and with only 11 games to play, looking at the need to win 9 out of 11 just not happening.

Shocking, JM out

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 17:16 - Feb 24 with 1032 viewswessex_exile

Unacceptable. McGreal either goes now, in the hope that a new manager could somehow resurrect our play-off hopes, or he goes at the end of the season if he can’t do it himself. Hey, at least we’re probably safe from relegation.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 18:39 - Feb 24 with 968 viewsFruitbat

That was one of the worst games of football i've seen in a long time. Don't listen to anyone who says "we made them look good". We didn't. They looked just like what they are - 6 points adrfit at the bottom of the table, this was two poor sides playing poor football in a terrible game. The difference was their keeper had one save to make and made it, then they had one shot and it went in.

Woeful from start to finish.
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 19:08 - Feb 24 with 952 viewsLeadbelly

McGreal said the second half at Crewe was the worst of the season. Wonder if he still thinks that after today's inept display.

You can see why Barnet are bottom but they fought so much harder than we did, closing us down, winning every 50/50 ball and actually trying to pass to each other.

Frustration was evident on and off the pitch. I lost count of how many times Frankie Kent punched himself in the head after he'd made a mistake, Walker looked furious towards the end as outfield players failed to get shots anywhere near the target and KVY gave himself a serious talking to after several misplaced passes. The booing started relatively early and was alarmingly frequent. I did have to check Humes hadn't appeared on the touchline.

The pitch looked pretty rough in places, it was cold and very windy but none of these things excuse the pathetic passing, the lack of urgency, the absence of pace, the woeful shooting, the comedy defending or how easily the side bottom of the division controlled the game so comfortably. If we had a game plan we came nowhere near executing it and no substitution or change of formation made the slightest difference.

McGreal will be blamed, rightly so, but there are a lot of players who need to ask themselves whether they gave everything for the cause over the last two games. If they believe they have I'd say they've hidden it very well indeed.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 19:49 - Feb 24 with 916 viewsnoah4x4

Totally concur Lead'.

I was at Crewe and this performance was worse. We are now pretty solid in defence, but the midfield is woeful. I can't understand why the silky Stevenson didn't feature. We looked a yard off the pace and second in most 50-50 situations. I wonder, has McGreal lost the dressing room?
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 20:00 - Feb 24 with 909 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 19:49 - Feb 24 by noah4x4

Totally concur Lead'.

I was at Crewe and this performance was worse. We are now pretty solid in defence, but the midfield is woeful. I can't understand why the silky Stevenson didn't feature. We looked a yard off the pace and second in most 50-50 situations. I wonder, has McGreal lost the dressing room?

Can he actually find it?
Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 20:08 - Feb 24 with 901 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's to sting Bees at Fortress Weston on 20:00 - Feb 24 by gerry_us

Can he actually find it?

Couldn't find his way out of it for an hour after the game apparently. "Hair dryer treatment kick starts playoff run" You heard it here first!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024