Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts 2018 06:00 - Mar 5 with 744 viewsbwildered

Colchester United players due to see their current deals expire at the end of the season (with first-team experience): Brennan Dickenson, Luke Prosser, Kurtis Guthrie, Cole Kpekawa, Tom Lapslie, Doug Loft, Sean Murray, Tommy O’Sullivan, Courtney Senior, Kane Vincent-Young, Sam Walker, Drey Wright, Denny Johnstone, Craig Slater, Eoin McKeown, Charley Edge, Diaz Wright.

Loans to expire: Ryan Inniss, Olamide Shodipo, Ben Stevenson, Liam Mandeville.

U’s under-23 players out of contract this summer: Dominic Kurasik, Eli Phipps, Josh Pollard, Decarrey Sheriff, Callum Sturgess, Tarryn Allarakhia.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Contracts 2018 on 12:37 - Mar 5 with 718 viewsmfb_cufc

As only 4 (Dickenson, Guthrie , Lapslie and Drey Wright) have been offered new contracts, it suggest to me that the club don't care if the rest leave. Of those not offered new contracts yet, the only ones I would offer one to are Prosser(now he has proved his fitness), Murray, Senior and KVY. Walker has a big fanbase, but I think there are better keepers than him around who we could sign. The biggest problem we have is, no matter who we have playing for us next season, the useless McGreal will still be in charge.

mfb

Contracts 2018 on 21:24 - Mar 5 with 680 viewsLeadbelly

Are any of the U23 players good enough to justify a first team place now or next season? If not, why offer them a new contract?

The loan players are interesting, in terms of possible signings for next season. However good Inniss may or may not be there is no doubt he is injury prone. Shodipo was signed with an injury and is yet to play as far as I know. Bad decision. Stevenson looked good on debut and against Coventry but has soon had that coached out of him. Will probably do well at Wolves though. Mandeville was touted as something special but when he came on against Barnet he looked poor and slow in equal measure. Rumour is that he has a bit of attitude.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Contracts 2018 on 23:58 - Mar 5 with 669 viewsnoah4x4

Decarry Sherriff, Paul Rooney, Tarryn Allarakhia, Ryan Gondoh and of course Junior look great prospects from the U23's. But all of our youngsters play like a 'team' unlike the disjointed First XI. They also have forward pace which the First XI lack. How can Mandeville be slower than Porter?

It is sad that so far in the First XI Junior has had awful (e.g. no) service from Drey Wright and Ryan Jackson who seem to have no idea about getting to the byeline and crossing the ball. Instead they will cut inside, lose the ball and shoot vaguely aimed somewhere between the corner flags. We saw what Junior could do on his debut, but when played as a lone striker away from home he has no chance if the ball never comes in his direction. The U23's seem proud to wear the shirt. I am not convinced that all the First XI are as committed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024