Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals 20:53 - Apr 17 with 2301 viewswessex_exile

Many thanks to Concordman for his honesty in declaring an interest regarding the offer to carry out the semi-final draw, and thus gracefully declining the opportunity. I have therefore carried out my own version (using the Excel Rand() function), and the draw is as follows:

thrillseeker v RSCOSWORTH
BFG v mfb_cufc

The matches to predict are:

24th April 2018
Liverpool v Roma
25th April 2018
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
1st May 2018
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich
2nd May 2018
Roma v Liverpool

In addition to the score prediction, each competitor must also predict one goal-scorer per match.

As usual, there will be 1pt for an outcome, 3pts if you get a result spot-on, and a bonus 1pt for each goal scored by your nominated goal-scorer in that particular match (and own goals will also count).

You cannot match anything with your opponent, so whilst first to post won't matter, it may make a difference in restricting popular options. For the second legs, the scores that matter (and goal-scorers) will be at the end of normal time - extra-time and/or penalties won't count.

If a tie-break is needed, it will be to predict the attendance at the next U's match, which is currently scheduled to be our last game of the season, at Exeter on Saturday 5th May. As a heads-up, the U's have been allocated 350 tickets, and me and Durham have one each already :-)

Good luck everyone

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:16 - Apr 17 with 2289 viewsBFG

24th April 2018
Liverpool v Roma 2-0 Salah
25th April 2018
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid 1-1 Ronaldo
1st May 2018
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich 2-0 Ronaldo
2nd May 2018
Roma v Liverpool 1-0 Dzeko

Hopefully that's done correctly and all the best to mfb.
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:25 - Apr 17 with 2285 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:16 - Apr 17 by BFG

24th April 2018
Liverpool v Roma 2-0 Salah
25th April 2018
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid 1-1 Ronaldo
1st May 2018
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich 2-0 Ronaldo
2nd May 2018
Roma v Liverpool 1-0 Dzeko

Hopefully that's done correctly and all the best to mfb.

All good BFG - brave choice with Ronaldo, he has a shocking record in the Champions League ;-)

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:59 - Apr 17 with 2275 viewsBFG

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:25 - Apr 17 by wessex_exile

All good BFG - brave choice with Ronaldo, he has a shocking record in the Champions League ;-)

Sticking my neck out I know.
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:21 - Apr 17 with 2264 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I’m not normally one for posting so early but the goal scorer aspect kind of makes it a necessity.

24th April 2018
Liverpool v Roma 2-1 Salah
25th April 2018
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid 2-1 Ronaldo
1st May 2018
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich 2-1 Ronaldo
2nd May 2018
Roma v Liverpool 1-2 Salah

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 10:52 - Apr 19 with 2227 viewsthrillseeker

24th April 2018
Liverpool v Roma 1-1 Dzeko
25th April 2018
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid 2-0 Lewandowski
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:23 - Apr 23 with 2161 viewsmfb_cufc

24th April 2018
Liverpool 2 Roma 1 (Firmino)

25th April 2018
Bayern Munich 2 Real Madrid 1 (Lewandowski)

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:27 - Apr 24 with 2135 viewswessex_exile

After a scintillating first match of the semi-finals, which finished Liverpool 5 v 2 Roma, with Salah (x2), Mane, Firmino (x2), Dzeko and Perotti with a late penalty scoring, here's a quick update one quarter of the way through this round.

thrillseeker 1 v 3 RSCOSWORTH
RS did very well, with both the home win for Liverpool, and Salah scoring two goals, to take an early lead with 3pts. However, although TS did gamble, and lucked out, on a draw tonight, he did nevertheless collect a decent consolation point for Dzeko scoring the first goal in Roma's spirited late comeback, to keep himself very much in the hunt for a place in the final.

BFG 3 v 3 mfb_cufc
At halftime, this was almost game over for MFB, with BFG maxing out on 5pts for both a spot-on and two goals for Salah. However, not only did Liverpool continue to score freely, but with Firmino weighing in with a brace of his own, MFB has clawed it back to a very respectable draw at this stage.

I am away for the rest of this week at a conference in Brighton, so I will apologise in advance if I can't update after Bayern Munich v Real Madrid tomorrow. If the hotel wifi isn't up to the task, I will update on Friday evening when I get back.

Well done everyone for a cracking first quarter!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:51 - Apr 27 with 2072 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:27 - Apr 24 by wessex_exile

After a scintillating first match of the semi-finals, which finished Liverpool 5 v 2 Roma, with Salah (x2), Mane, Firmino (x2), Dzeko and Perotti with a late penalty scoring, here's a quick update one quarter of the way through this round.

RS did very well, with both the home win for Liverpool, and Salah scoring two goals, to take an early lead with 3pts. However, although TS did gamble, and lucked out, on a draw tonight, he did nevertheless collect a decent consolation point for Dzeko scoring the first goal in Roma's spirited late comeback, to keep himself very much in the hunt for a place in the final.

BFG 3 v 3 mfb_cufc
At halftime, this was almost game over for MFB, with BFG maxing out on 5pts for both a spot-on and two goals for Salah. However, not only did Liverpool continue to score freely, but with Firmino weighing in with a brace of his own, MFB has clawed it back to a very respectable draw at this stage.

I am away for the rest of this week at a conference in Brighton, so I will apologise in advance if I can't update after Bayern Munich v Real Madrid tomorrow. If the hotel wifi isn't up to the task, I will update on Friday evening when I get back.

Well done everyone for a cracking first quarter!

So, having returned from Brighton, I can confirm what I reckon you have all worked out anyway - no points were scored at all for the Bayern Munich 1 v 2 Real Madrid result, so at the halfway stage it is still as follows:

BFG 3 v 3 mfb_cufc

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 20:44 - Apr 27 with 2066 viewsthrillseeker

1st May 2018
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich 1-2 Lewandowski

2nd May 2018
Roma v Liverpool 3-1 Dzeko
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 14:05 - Apr 28 with 2044 viewsmfb_cufc

1st May 2018
Real Madrid 2 Bayern Munich 1 (Lewandowski)

2nd May 2018
Roma 1 Liverpool 2 (Salah)

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 21:56 - May 1 with 2007 viewswessex_exile

This evening's game has finished Real Madrid 2 v 2 Bayern Munich, with Benzema (x2), Kimmich and Rodriguez scoring the goals.

Whilst most expected Real Madrid to qualify for the finals, no one expected it to be via a squeaky-bum home draw, and with everyone assuming (not unreasonably) that Lewandowski and Ronaldo would be amongst the goal scorers. In truth, it's probably commiserations at this stage to thrillseeker, who was the only one to fancy Bayern Munich to pull off an away win, yet despite absolutely battering Real Madrid, they couldn't quite pull it off.

This means, with just one match to go tomorrow night, that the UCL semi-final results are still:
BFG 3 v 3 mfb_cufc

With just Roma (2) v (5) Liverpool to go tomorrow night, do all be prepared for the possibility of a tie-break situation, which to remind you will be predicting the attendance at the last U's match of the season, at Exeter on Saturday.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 22:11 - May 2 with 1963 viewswessex_exile

The whistle has blown on the last semi-final, so without further ado, here's the final update for the UCL semi-finals.

Despite being 1-2 down at half-time, Roma mounted a spirited fight-back in the 2nd half, to win the game 4-2, courtesy of an og from Milner, one from Dzeko and two from Nainggolan, the last an injury-time penalty. However, it wasn't quite enough, and Liverpool progress to the final, helped by goals from Mane and Wijnaldum this evening.

thrillseeker 3 v 3 RSCOSWORTH
TS picked up the home win for Roma tonight, and the two goals scored by Dzeko on 24th April and tonight. RS scored everything on the first night, with the Liverpool home win, and two goals for Salah. This means a tie-break is required, so please PM me your attendance predictions for the Exeter v Colchester last game of the season on Saturday, the closest to the correct attendance will win. In the unlikely event that you are identical, the second to predict will be given the opportunity to change theirs, and in the equally unlikely event you predict differently, but are equidistant from the correct attendance, first to post will take it. I am travelling to the match myself, so please don't leave it too late, and I will post the predictions once I have them.

BFG 5 v 3 mfb_cufc
BFG and MFB were neck and neck after the first match, both with the Liverpool home win, and both with 2pts each for goalscorers Salah and Firmino respectively. With no further points scored, everything hinged on tonights game, and at half-time MFB was well ahead with a possible spot-on. However, with BFG eventually getting the home win outcome, and another goal from Dzeko, he triumphs to take his place in the UCL Final.

Rules and requirements will be published once the tie-break is decided, so for now massive congratulations to BFG, heartfelt commiserations to MFB, and good luck TS and RS in the tie-break.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:04 - May 2 with 1956 viewsmfb_cufc

Well played BFG, and good luck in the final.

mfb

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 15:09 - May 3 with 1937 viewsBFG

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 23:04 - May 2 by mfb_cufc

Well played BFG, and good luck in the final.

Thank you and all the best to you.
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 00:52 - May 5 with 1901 viewswessex_exile

Tie-break attendance predictions are in, and as I'm travelling tomorrow, they are as follows:
thrillseeker - 5,432
RSCOSWORTH - 5,015

This is a very narrow spread of just 417, and means 5,224 or more and the place in the final goes to thrillseeker, anything less and it's RSCOSWORTH - good luck chaps!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 19:28 - May 5 with 1869 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 00:52 - May 5 by wessex_exile

Tie-break attendance predictions are in, and as I'm travelling tomorrow, they are as follows:
thrillseeker - 5,432
RSCOSWORTH - 5,015

This is a very narrow spread of just 417, and means 5,224 or more and the place in the final goes to thrillseeker, anything less and it's RSCOSWORTH - good luck chaps!

Just back, and congratulations to RSCOSWORTH in the tie-break. With a slightly disappointing crowd of 4,615 turning up to watch Exeter hold on to 4th place, in a very disappointing game (if you're a U's supporter), RS was exactly 400 off the actual attendance, to beat thrilseeker to the UCL final.

The final, between Real Madrid and Liverpool, is to be played on 26th May 2018, and prediction requirements will be posted in a separate thread in due course.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 17:17 - May 8 with 1839 viewsthrillseeker

Well played RSC
U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 00:45 - May 12 with 1793 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U'sual Champions League - Semi-finals on 17:17 - May 8 by thrillseeker

Well played RSC

Thanks thrillseeker. More luck than judgement I think. I was surprised how low the crowd was. The Exeter fans must be saving their cash for the Play-Off’s.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024