Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2017/18 Week 38 (of 38) - Deadline Saturday 15.00 22:55 - Apr 22 with 2545 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 37 Results

WATFORD 0 CRYSTAL PALACE 0

Watford are now winlees in 6 after this bore draw. Well done to RSCOSWORTH for being the only one to get this spot-on, though 6 did have the outcome.

BRENTFORD 2 QPR 1
Brentford take their unbeaten run to 7, as they make a late push for a play-off place. There was a massive 8 who had this spot-on, with a further 13 getting the outcome.

SUNDERLAND 1 BURTON 2
Sunderland are relegated for the second season in succession, after Burton score twice in the last 5 minutes. Nobody got this spot-on, but 4 did have the outcome. There were 18 who predicted a win for Sunderland, with 10 going for a 1-0, in what was the weeks most predicted result.

NORTHAMPTON 2 PLYMOUTH 0
Only a second win in 12 games for Northampton, to give their survival hopes a boost. Again no 3 pointer for anybody here, and only 3 got the outcome. There were 18 who predicted a win for Plymouth.

PORTSMOUTH 0 CHARLTON 1
Ajose's first Charlton goal this season was enough to win this battle for the play-offs. Nobody got this spot-on, and again just 3 had the outcome.

FOREST GREEN 4 CHESTERFIELD 1
Chesterfield now have back-to-back relegations after this heavy defeat. Yet another game with no 3 pointer, but a big 18 did get the outcome.

WYCOMBE 0 ACCRINGTON 4
Already promoted Stanley show their class in this thrashing. No surprise that 3 points eluded everybody again, though 6 did have the outcome.

MANCHESTER UNITED 2 TOTTENHAM 1
A record equalling 20th FA Cup final appearance for Man Utd, as Spurs are condemned to their eighth successive defeat in the semi-finals. There were 4 who had this spot-on, and 4 also got the outcome.

STOKE 1 BURNLEY 1
Stoke take their winless run 11, to equal their longest run without a victory in the Premier League. The 3 who got this spot-on wont care about that, and 4 more had the outcome.

CHELSEA 2 SOUTHAMPTON 0
Chelsea reach the F A Cup final for the 13th time. There were 3 who had this spot-on, and a further 18 got the outcome.

The penultimate week of the season had a mixed bag of results. Five games failed to produce a 3 pointer, but the other five made up for that with 19, helped by the Brentford win producing 8 and a total of 37 points to equal the second highest points total from one game this season. In the end it was a week where nothing much changed at the top and bottom of both divisions, even though four members did manage to get two 3 pointers. Best of those was medicine_man who showed the sort of form that got him to the Happy Cup final, by having the wins for Brentford and Man Utd spot-on, and with four outcomes, he is the weeks top scorer with an excellent 10 points. Others to get two spot-on were Tropical_Us, who had the Brentford 2-1 and the Stoke 1-1, and Sector4 who had the Stoke 1-1 and the Chelsea 2-0, to give them both a decent 8 points. This points total was also achieved by eagledares, BFG and OhOriOri, with one 3 pointer and five outcomes. Finally RSCOSWORTH was the other one to get two 3 pointers, The Brenford 2-1 to go with his Waford 0-0, on his way to a very good 7 points.

In the Premier The Brentford 2-1 gave thrillseeker yet another 3 pointer, and leaves him one short of equalling the record for them in a season. But more importantly he maintains his 10 point lead, and a third title is almost there. Using the mrhappy tactic failed to close the gap for noah4x4, but along with RSCOSWORTH, they remain strong favourites for a Charity Shield spot. The decent week for Tropical_Us should finally dispel any chance of him being relegated. The same applies to burnsieespana after a solid week. At the bottom, after Saturday's eight games Sector4 looked like he would be requiring a miracle yet again to avoid the drop. But after getting both Sunday games spot-on he has every chance now, with only 2 points separating the bottom three. I have a big apology to make to sevebalo. I noticed on my records he had one point more than he should have. I traced it back to Week 33 when I gave him 3 points on the spreadsheet instead of 2. This is something I usually take great care in getting right, but I obviously didn't in this case, and I am sorry it has taken so long before I noticed.

In Division One Getting the Chelsea 2-0 spot-on got gerry_us out of jail, and he remains odds on favourite for the automatics. Favourite to join him is now eagledares, who has progressed throughout his first season back, and has timed his run to the other automatic spot to perfection. A fourth week running without a 3 pointer means durham_exile drops out of the top two after spending 13 weeks there. If he fails to bounce back in the final week at least he looks assured of a play-off place. The other three spots are going to be decided on the last game of the season, as it has looked all season, and it is any three from four. The tie-breaker could prove significant. At the bottom medicine_man made sure he wont finish with the wooden spoon in his first season, as he equalled his seasons best score.

THE TABLES (270 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

Week 38 and final Fixtures With things still close in both divisions, don't forget no more than four predicted scores the same as your nearest opponent(s) please. The fifth one upwards will be declared void.

SOUTHAMPTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH
BURTON ALBION v BOLTON WANDERERS
NORWICH CITY v LEEDS UNITED
WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
OLDHAM ATHLETIC v DONCASTER ROVERS
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE v ROTHERHAM UNITED
WALSALL v NORTHAMPTON TOWN
COLCHESTER UNITED v SWINDON TOWN
LUTON TOWN v FOREST GREEN ROVERS
MORECAMBE v BARNET

Good luck everybody.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 23:29]

mfb

Happy League 2017/18 Week 38 (of 38) - Deadline Saturday 15.00 on 11:37 - Apr 28 with 475 viewswessex_exile

SOUTHAMPTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1-1
BURTON ALBION v BOLTON WANDERERS 1-0
NORWICH CITY v LEEDS UNITED 1-0
WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3-1
OLDHAM ATHLETIC v DONCASTER ROVERS 1-1
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE v ROTHERHAM UNITED 3-1
WALSALL v NORTHAMPTON TOWN 1-0
COLCHESTER UNITED v SWINDON TOWN 2-1
LUTON TOWN v FOREST GREEN ROVERS 4-1
MORECAMBE v BARNET 2-1

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Happy League 2017/18 Week 38 (of 38) - Deadline Saturday 15.00 on 12:50 - Apr 28 with 468 viewsBlue4U2

SOUTHAMPTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1-1
BURTON ALBION v BOLTON WANDERERS 2-1
NORWICH CITY v LEEDS UNITED 1-2
WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3-0
OLDHAM ATHLETIC v DONCASTER ROVERS 1-1
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE v ROTHERHAM UNITED 2-1
WALSALL v NORTHAMPTON TOWN 1-0
COLCHESTER UNITED v SWINDON TOWN 2-1
LUTON TOWN v FOREST GREEN ROVERS 1-0
MORECAMBE v BARNET 1-2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024