Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Release List 2018 14:34 - May 15 with 13822 viewsDaley_Lama

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/may/retainedreleasedlist2017-18/
[Post edited 15 May 2018 14:36]

Poll: DF in or out

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 14:41 - May 15 with 9566 viewsAllBlueDale

No shocks here
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 14:41 - May 15 with 9556 viewsShun

New contract offered:
Cannon
McGahey
Gillam
Thompson
Wade (youth team keeper)

Released:
Keane
Davies
Kitching
Brown
Canavan

Quite surprised about Kitching being released. Hill was effusive in his praise for both Kitching’s potential and his attitude when he first signed. Also a bit surprised Gillam’s been offered a new deal.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 14:59]
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 14:48 - May 15 with 9498 viewskaisaville

Updated the Wikipedia page. Surprised about Kitching.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 14:54 - May 15 with 9459 viewsD_Alien

With Wade being offered a pro contract, has Moore been released? I thought he was here on loan only until the end of the season

Only one i'm sorry to see go is Davies, but inevitable really. I wonder if he'll move further down the leagues or perhaps consider a career in coaching? I wish him the best of luck, he'll be talked about (for the right reasons) whenever Dale goal-scorers are discussed for years to come

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 14:55 - May 15 with 9452 viewsNewbury_Dale

Think it needed a clear out and that’s what we’ve got
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 14:58 - May 15 with 9414 viewsShun

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 14:54 - May 15 by D_Alien

With Wade being offered a pro contract, has Moore been released? I thought he was here on loan only until the end of the season

Only one i'm sorry to see go is Davies, but inevitable really. I wonder if he'll move further down the leagues or perhaps consider a career in coaching? I wish him the best of luck, he'll be talked about (for the right reasons) whenever Dale goal-scorers are discussed for years to come

Also sorry but unsurprised to see Davies go. For one reason or another, there’s a huge waste of talent there. Thanks for Donny at home in the last minute, the overhead kick against the Shrews, the brilliant equaliser against Spurs, and so many more.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:04 - May 15 with 9360 viewsDareToCalvin

Shame about Kitching; around February time he'd really improved and become a decent midfielder. As for Davies, arguably the best natural finisher we've ever had; if he was fitter and had more luck with injuries he'd still be in the Championship; no question. This also will free up a large amount of the wage bill; Football Manager estimates him to be earning around £2,000 a week; with only Hendo earning more. Also sad to see Keane go; despite a very ineffectual season this year he was superb last season. I suppose with his injury and discipline, Keith thought we could get someone possibly younger with more reliability when it comes to cards.
Completely trust Keith with every decision though. I hope there's an accompanying interview that will explain the thinking behind every decision.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:05 - May 15 with 9350 viewsTVOS1907

Moore signed a two year deal last summer.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:06 - May 15 with 9344 viewsleedsdale

Looks as expected to me.

We don’t have a great deal of pace or dynamism in the middle of the pitch, and Kitching is a bit ponderous so I think the decision is right to release him. Gillam and JT will be relatively cheap which will be a big factor, but Cannon and McGahey are easily the two most important.

Moore signed a 2 year deal last summer.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:12 - May 15 with 9271 viewsNigeriamark

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:06 - May 15 by leedsdale

Looks as expected to me.

We don’t have a great deal of pace or dynamism in the middle of the pitch, and Kitching is a bit ponderous so I think the decision is right to release him. Gillam and JT will be relatively cheap which will be a big factor, but Cannon and McGahey are easily the two most important.

AC & McGahey signing or not is huge for us. OK with the rest of the list although think Kitching would have been worth offering something if not a top wage earner
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:27 - May 15 with 9164 viewsDanny1907

Pleased with that, Davies is a sensational finisher but he's had his chance to get fit and still hasn't but good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do next, thanks for the memories too.

I'm still not sure why Brown was signed, awful player. Kitching had a decent spell earlier in the season but in his time here, I don't think he ever did enough to fully warrant a new contract. There's a fair amount of wages been freed up there so spend them on McGahey and AC. With those wages that have been freed and the near relegation from last season, I fully expect some money to be spent and get a couple of exciting signings.

The next couple of months will be very interesting.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:41 - May 15 with 9055 viewsSwissdale

Putting sentiment to the side, I’m surprised to see Thompson offered a new deal. Hasn’t played poorly since his return, but IMHO he’s not a player we’d struggle to replace. Pretty much happy with the rest.

As others have said, AC and HM accepting their new contracts is massive. I’d be expecting us to make a move for Inman too.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:43 - May 15 with 9041 viewsRotherhamDale

Sounds about right to me.

I would be very surprised if McGahey hasn't had offers from other league one clubs.

We are in desperate need of pace in the squad. Especially up front.

Possession with progression.

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:49 - May 15 with 9007 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:06 - May 15 by leedsdale

Looks as expected to me.

Totally agree re: dynamism in the middle of the pitch.

As much as we've missed Mendez-Laing this season, Lund's consistency (when he was fit) was absolutely vital for us and he did pretty much everything you would want from a central midfielder. I think Hill was hoping Kitching could grow into a replacement for Lund but it wasn't to be. He could be a decent signing for a L2 club but not what we need right now. Signing a box-to-box, energetic midfielder would be the priority for me this summer.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 15:52]

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 16:11 - May 15 with 8847 viewstony_roch975

think he'll retire from playing - definitely a Dale legend

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 16:15 - May 15 with 8809 viewsleedsdale

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 16:11 - May 15 by tony_roch975

think he'll retire from playing - definitely a Dale legend

Tranmere might take a punt on him, I reckon
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 16:22 - May 15 with 8768 viewsJimmyRustler

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 16:15 - May 15 by leedsdale

Tranmere might take a punt on him, I reckon

McNulty and Davies could double up as doormen in the bars at half-time
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 16:55 - May 15 with 8569 viewsfinberty

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 16:22 - May 15 by JimmyRustler

McNulty and Davies could double up as doormen in the bars at half-time

I’d pay good money to watch you square up to Davies - to his face rather than cheap jibes on here.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 17:03 - May 15 with 8510 viewsAllBlueDale

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:49 - May 15 by AtThePeake

As much as we've missed Mendez-Laing this season, Lund's consistency (when he was fit) was absolutely vital for us and he did pretty much everything you would want from a central midfielder. I think Hill was hoping Kitching could grow into a replacement for Lund but it wasn't to be. He could be a decent signing for a L2 club but not what we need right now. Signing a box-to-box, energetic midfielder would be the priority for me this summer.

Had Burton stopped up could Lund have been an option for us?
Not likely now i would wager
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 17:33 - May 15 with 8341 viewsSaxonDale

Kitching surprised me a bit but suppose he's victim of the talent coming through. Given the recent accolades that's gone the way of Morley and Adshead I wouldn't be surprised to see them play a combined 20 games next season and given that an experienced centre mid would be top of most lists that would conceivably put Kitching 6th choice.

Real shame with Keane and Davis- them 2 fully fit for a season would have seen Hendo having much more competition for POTS and us closer to automatics than relegation.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 17:39 - May 15 with 8303 viewsJimmyRustler

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 16:55 - May 15 by finberty

I’d pay good money to watch you square up to Davies - to his face rather than cheap jibes on here.

Would you be able to get time off from your busy schedule in the fun police to watch?
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:44 - May 15 with 8270 viewsSaxonDale

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 15:49 - May 15 by AtThePeake

I'd suspect Hilly will be pushing Cannon to take on that box to box role. For me we need someone who will get the team playing- we've got as much talent as most going forward but sometimes we lack the know-how of playing a 10 yard pass when 1 up. If we can get someone who can do that whilst protecting the defence I think we'll see the best of Camps/Cannon/Morley/Adshead etc

Joe Thompson is a valuable member of the squad like Andrew or McNulty. All 3 offer something on the pitch in the right circumstances and I don't think you'd find 3 better role models in the football league (Calvin's Oldham incident discounting). We just need to make sure that when they are used in the team we're using them in the right way. I wouldn't like to see us start many games next season with McNulty in a back 2, Calvin as the 1 upfront or Thompson being the ball-carrying winger. However used in the right way all are definitely worthy of a place in the squad and occasionally team.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 17:56]
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 17:57 - May 15 with 8193 viewsColDale

Can't argue with any of those who've been released.

For all his heroics, we simply can't afford a player like Steven Davies. If he's on £1500 a week, it's closer to £3000 a game and that's before playing minutes is even taken into consideration. He's given us two of the best three celebrations of the season but his track record with us makes it impossible to rely on him. Eight league starts this season tells a story in itself.

We couldn't not keep Joey T on after last week. We'd be heralded as the most heartless club in the land if we released him.

Gut feeling says Andy Cannon is on the way. Last season was the 12 month extension clause. Hilly will often use that as a way of teasing out a longer deal ie you can have another 12 months at the deal you signed at 17 or have a longer one with a wage rise. And as with Calvin and others, when he was out with his cheekbone, I'd have been astonished if we didn't offer him something then.

If McGahey was to go, I don't see him as being irreplaceable. He's a good young player, and there's so much potential there, but aside from that opening spell at the club, has he hit the next level as a player during his time with us? Be pleased if he stays but wouldn't see him as a loss as much as other supporters would do.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 18:11 - May 15 with 8091 viewsaleanddale

I disagree Col ( not often with your posts )

Harrison McGahey could be THE summer signing for us.

Never seen a player improve so much in such a short period of time.

Right age - good pace - strong - getting better and better with every game.

Really really hope he signs at least 2 more years.
Rochdale Release List 2018 on 18:16 - May 15 with 8069 viewsfinberty

Rochdale Release List 2018 on 17:39 - May 15 by JimmyRustler

Would you be able to get time off from your busy schedule in the fun police to watch?

Oh I'd make time. I really would.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024