Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silence is deafening on our new striker! 09:54 - May 18 with 3843 viewsdurham_exile

After the much publicised departures and well publicised arrival recently, things have gone quiet on the hunt for a 20 goal a season striker.

It is imperative that things are not allowed to be consigned to the back burner or are kicked into the long grass.

We need action and fast.

There is no need to wait until just before the start of the new season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 14:09 - May 18 with 3354 viewsLeadbelly

We have made one permanent signing at what feels like an un Col U like early stage of the off season. I suspect we may have to wait awhile for further arrivals but who knows, the DoF has certainly been clearing the decks recently.

We did sign a 20 goal a season striker last season...Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe! I'd wager, however, the chance of signing a player who did that in League 2 or above last season is nil. We may sign one who will do it next season, or they may be at the club already, but, again, the chance of that happening is slim. The reason being is that very few players score 20 goals in a season and if they do then they become very hot property indeed.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 16:02]

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 17:22 - May 18 with 3339 viewsbwildered

Expectations regards players and clubs is always high, players want to sign for MUFC not CUFC, lots of factors come into play including family, locations and not forgetting which managers are where.
Twenty goal striker ... Let's make it two goal !!

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 06:08 - May 23 with 3213 viewsnoah4x4

Forte and Ameobi released by Notts County. I have been an admirer of both, but are they now over the hill? Consider how effective the slow lumbering "beast" has been at Wycombe. His skill is roughing up defences and putting the ball in the net! Is it worth a punt on Ameobi?
Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 10:16 - May 23 with 3198 viewsoxfcolu

I feel as usual they will sign an up and coming youngster hoping he will be that free scoring striker. Looking at the article today about sending the youngsters on loan which is a slight tweak on their policy (their words) nothing will change in our recruiting policy. We must have some new signings as the wage bill has been cleared hence the shock of Pell with a fee. They never cease to surprise me with who we get in each year and know doubt it will be to the wire as usual. Still its a new season and as supporters who care we will be optimistic right to the first performance.
Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 21:46 - May 24 with 3137 viewsdurham_exile

Rumour is that Mika Mandron is a target for Lincoln City.

Now although Mandron only scored 10 goals last season he was an almost ever present.
The club would be ill advised to let him go with another year still on his contract

Especially when we have no obvious replacement.

Tell the Imps to foxtrot oscar.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 22:32 - May 24 with 3125 viewswessex_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 21:46 - May 24 by durham_exile

Now although Mandron only scored 10 goals last season he was an almost ever present.
The club would be ill advised to let him go with another year still on his contract

Up the U's

I would definitely much rather he stays - but - you can't argue that their agricultural 'route one' style is probably better suited to Mandron than our general reluctance to get to the byline and put one on his head?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 14:41 - May 25 with 3091 viewsburnsieespana

Close season be different this year as I believe the transfer window closes earlier.
Having supported the U'S for sixty years I have always been surprised who came in. Well recall when Jim Smith came I was shocked but he turned out pretty good.
Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 20:48 - Jun 1 with 2972 viewsdurham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 21:46 - May 24 by durham_exile

Up the U's

According to sky sports news both clubs Posh and Col u had agreed Mandron's transfer but the player failed to agree personal terms.

We already have a dearth of strikers so I am amazed that our club wanted him to go to Peterborough.

A new striker to supplement our goal scoring options is an absolute must.

Mandron must stay and we must redouble our efforts to bring in a new striker.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 19:32 - Jun 5 with 2828 viewsdurham_exile

Sorry guys but Frank Nouble is not the answer to our striking problems.

Simply not good enough.

Back to the drawing board.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 00:22 - Jun 8 with 2716 viewsdurham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 20:48 - Jun 1 by durham_exile

According to sky sports news both clubs Posh and Col u had agreed Mandron's transfer but the player failed to agree personal terms.

We already have a dearth of strikers so I am amazed that our club wanted him to go to Peterborough.

A new striker to supplement our goal scoring options is an absolute must.

Mandron must stay and we must redouble our efforts to bring in a new striker.

Up the U's

Aaron Collins young striker signs on season long loan from Wolves.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 06:31 - Jun 8 with 2714 viewsLeadbelly

Second recent loan signing from Wolves. Have they replaced West Ham as our go to club for loaners?

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 12:06 - Jun 8 with 2678 viewsdurham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 06:31 - Jun 8 by Leadbelly

Second recent loan signing from Wolves. Have they replaced West Ham as our go to club for loaners?

The excellent Ben Stevenson loaned from Wolves has helped cement links between the two clubs.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 15:42 - Jun 8 with 2652 viewsgerry_us

Well that's Harry Kane out of the equation now as well.
Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 16:31 - Jun 8 with 2629 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44413049

Silence over.

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 16:46 - Jun 8 with 2625 viewsFruitbat

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 15:42 - Jun 8 by gerry_us

Well that's Harry Kane out of the equation now as well.

Orient reject.
Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 17:17 - Jun 8 with 2613 viewsdurham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 16:31 - Jun 8 by Leadbelly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44413049

Silence over.

I do hope that I am wrong about Frank Nouble and that he turns out to be the striker to rekindle our goal scoring hopes.

Seems that we have now concluded our transfer business for the forthcoming season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 18:34 - Jun 8 with 2591 viewsburnsieespana

We must give Frank Nouble our support and encouragement so that "he doubles last years tally"!
Could be a decent piece in the jigsaw and at least we cannot complain about no action until the transfer window!
Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 22:49 - Jun 8 with 2538 viewsmfb_cufc

Nouble is a decent signing for what is an average League 2 team. In his days at Wolves and Ipswich he was a real prospect, and I was surprised he was playing for Newport last season. Things have obviously gone wrong for him, but he is still only 26, and if we can get him back to his earlier form we have signed a good player.

mfb

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 01:57 - Jun 9 with 2518 viewswessex_exile

That’s a very sorry welcome from some of our regulars. Welcome Frank, and I hope you enjoy your time here with the U’s.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 07:45 - Jun 9 with 2503 viewsbwildered

Lots to live up to judging by previous goal machines Clint , Marvil , Denny etc.
Five goals in sixty games for the Tractor boys and a impressive ten last season shows we must be in good hands .
Prove me wrong . Welcome Frank .

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 09:59 - Jun 12 with 2355 viewsoxfcolu

We now have a spine in the team. Prosser, Pell and now Nouble playing down the middle not out wide as Newport played him. This is his chance to settle and show he can make a name for himself as he undoubtedly has the pedigree but has crashed in previous clubs. Reasons to be optimistic for the new season.
Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 08:49 - Jun 21 with 2201 viewsbwildered

Speculation continues to rage over Mandron's future according to the local press . Agent must be working hard for a percentage .

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 19:02 - Jun 27 with 2085 viewsFruitbat

Luke Norris. 32 goals in 144 games for Gillingham and Swindon (although that is from Wikipedia so it could just as easily be the other way round!).
Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 20:07 - Jun 27 with 2052 viewsdurham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 19:02 - Jun 27 by Fruitbat

Luke Norris. 32 goals in 144 games for Gillingham and Swindon (although that is from Wikipedia so it could just as easily be the other way round!).

I understand that Luke (Chuck) Norris can score a goal just using a spoon.

Seriously though top scorer for the Robins last year with 13 goals. Could be a useful addition to Delta Force.

Up the ever forward U's

Durham_exile

Silence is deafening on our new striker! on 10:14 - Jun 28 with 1978 viewsburnsieespana

Looks a decent enough signing. Pretty much like all players Swindon fans seem divided but on balance he seems well thought of.
Many have called out over last two years for strikers experienced in our division and now, somewhat surprisingly to me we have got two.
Reckon all we need now is an experienced keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024