Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KVY 09:59 - Jun 24 with 7027 viewsbwildered

Vincent-Young is on the radar of their East Anglian neighbours Ipswich Town.

The 22-year-old defender is out of contract at the JobServe Community Stadium this summer and is yet to put pen to paper on a new deal.

Because of his age, Colchester would be due compensation should Vincent-Young, as expected, leave the club.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

KVY on 13:25 - Jul 11 with 1550 viewsburnsieespana

Gazette reporting KVY now training with U'S and going to Wales with the squad with high hopes we will complete a contract with him.
If it happens really positive news.
KVY on 09:18 - Jul 12 with 1493 viewsnoah4x4

Ipswich enjoying "try before you buy" distinctly shows his loyalty. How can we welcome KVY or Walker (similarly linked with Ipswich) back now? Magnus begged us to take him back, but had already lost the fans and fast sank into oblivion. Szmodics has had his ego checked and I think he will be a better player for that.

Having worn an Ipswich shirt in pre-season KVY (IMHO) now has to leave and we must get the relevant compensation. If he stays, many U's fans will immediately be on his back especially when he makes an error. We perhaps need a casualty like this to deter others from gambling with their contracts and losing touch with their fans. Loyalty is important.

It also shows the value of developing young players (like KVY) through the Academy. The compensation required is a deterrent to others from signing our assetts when out of regular contract. Young players we have developed can't just walk away. I say well done Col U management for sticking to this policy despite fan criticism. Here is evidence of the Academy/U23 development merit.
KVY on 19:37 - Jul 12 with 1467 viewswessex_exile

KVY on 09:18 - Jul 12 by noah4x4

Ipswich enjoying "try before you buy" distinctly shows his loyalty. How can we welcome KVY or Walker (similarly linked with Ipswich) back now? Magnus begged us to take him back, but had already lost the fans and fast sank into oblivion. Szmodics has had his ego checked and I think he will be a better player for that.

Having worn an Ipswich shirt in pre-season KVY (IMHO) now has to leave and we must get the relevant compensation. If he stays, many U's fans will immediately be on his back especially when he makes an error. We perhaps need a casualty like this to deter others from gambling with their contracts and losing touch with their fans. Loyalty is important.

It also shows the value of developing young players (like KVY) through the Academy. The compensation required is a deterrent to others from signing our assetts when out of regular contract. Young players we have developed can't just walk away. I say well done Col U management for sticking to this policy despite fan criticism. Here is evidence of the Academy/U23 development merit.

I have to disagree Noah - looking at it objectively, as an out-of-contract player, he had to take a chance on the possibility of moving up two leagues. Perhaps he didn't quite measure up as far as Ipshit were concerned, maybe he really didn't like what he saw when he was there, but I won't fault him for giving it a go. If he ends up staying with the U's (I hope!) then it's to our betterment as far as I'm concerned. Loads of U's players over the years have worn the ghastly blue of Ipshit, and I don't hold it against any of them - it's just football, and as we know, for all the badge-kissing BS, there's no real loyalty in football these days.

Edit: ...and if he does stay, he's had a free holiday out of them :-)
[Post edited 12 Jul 2018 19:52]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

KVY on 20:34 - Jul 12 with 1459 viewsburnsieespana

I disagree noah because he is/was out of contract and am sure if any one of us have an opportunity we owe it to ourselves to investigate it.
From what I have heard he didn't like what he saw at Ipswich and, if this is true, he may have learned a good lesson so if he does sign another contract with us he may be committed to us a tad more.
He is the sort of young player who will take us forward.
Perso ally I don't buy into the old loyalty thing in foorball because it ceased, on both sides a long time ago.
KVY on 23:09 - Jul 12 with 1431 viewsdurham_exile

KVY on 19:37 - Jul 12 by wessex_exile

I have to disagree Noah - looking at it objectively, as an out-of-contract player, he had to take a chance on the possibility of moving up two leagues. Perhaps he didn't quite measure up as far as Ipshit were concerned, maybe he really didn't like what he saw when he was there, but I won't fault him for giving it a go. If he ends up staying with the U's (I hope!) then it's to our betterment as far as I'm concerned. Loads of U's players over the years have worn the ghastly blue of Ipshit, and I don't hold it against any of them - it's just football, and as we know, for all the badge-kissing BS, there's no real loyalty in football these days.

Edit: ...and if he does stay, he's had a free holiday out of them :-)
[Post edited 12 Jul 2018 19:52]

If we can keep Kane Vincent-Young then that would be a real boost for the team.

As someone who absolutely loathes the Poorman Road club, I would love KVY to stay at the U's. If we are to mount a serious promotion bid this year then we need players of his calibre.

Let us hope that he can be persuaded to stay.

And I would certainly not demonstrate any feelings of hostility towards him. Quite the reverse.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

KVY on 23:10 - Jul 12 with 1431 viewsnoah4x4

Then why is he back training with the U's but has still not signed?

I agree, one can't blame him for wanting to play in a higher division for more money. But I hope that we give him and his agent no quarter. Sign or resign KVY.
KVY on 18:30 - Jul 13 with 1410 viewsbwildered

So how did this come about .
Agent , change of manager and deal fell through or player himself ?

Need to keep him fit for any future deal when he moves on , but play in the stiffs until future decided .

Unpopular view,- got plenty unfulfilled potential but inconsistent throughout at both ends of the pitch .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

KVY on 09:28 - Jul 14 with 1386 viewsburnsieespana

He played second half at Colwyn Bay last night. Hopefully when team back the deal can be finalised.
Login to get fewer ads

KVY on 11:58 - Jul 25 with 1287 viewsdurham_exile

Today is make or break for Kane and Colchester United.

Our fiends at Poorman Road have had a good look and have clearly made a decision.

He played very well against Millwall last night and scored a cracking goal.

If we are to get out of the basement league this season Kane Vincent-Young is definitely a player with the ability to assist the club to move forward.

He is also young enough to give another season to this club and then when we regain League One status, will probably be tempted away to a championship side perhaps. In the meantime I really hope that he stays for another year at least and repays some of the faith that the club has showed in him.

He must also be a cert to start at Meadow Lane, if we can retain his services. I would have thought that some of the marque signings made in the close season have signalled our intent from August.

Kane himself must know that this current squad is looking stronger than the previous two seasons and he could look forward to playing a stellar role in achieving promotion in 2018/19.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

KVY on 13:00 - Jul 26 with 1207 viewsColukev

KVY on 11:58 - Jul 25 by durham_exile

Today is make or break for Kane and Colchester United.

Our fiends at Poorman Road have had a good look and have clearly made a decision.

He played very well against Millwall last night and scored a cracking goal.

If we are to get out of the basement league this season Kane Vincent-Young is definitely a player with the ability to assist the club to move forward.

He is also young enough to give another season to this club and then when we regain League One status, will probably be tempted away to a championship side perhaps. In the meantime I really hope that he stays for another year at least and repays some of the faith that the club has showed in him.

He must also be a cert to start at Meadow Lane, if we can retain his services. I would have thought that some of the marque signings made in the close season have signalled our intent from August.

Kane himself must know that this current squad is looking stronger than the previous two seasons and he could look forward to playing a stellar role in achieving promotion in 2018/19.

Up the U's

If he doesn't sign today, get him out.

If he cannot commit a week before new season, you would have to question work ethic for the season ahead.

As far as im concerned, whilst yes he is a prospect, he has done absolutely nothing of note to earn the right to drag contract renewal out.

8 days, if you haven't found another club already, then its not going to happen. Spend another year with the U's and put yourself in the shop window.

Only full commitment will do from every squad player if we are seriously wanting to mount a promotion challenge. The is no scope to carry anyone this season.
KVY on 14:40 - Jul 28 with 1113 viewsFruitbat

Four days after "we'll know in 24 hours" still nothing but he's in the side today.
KVY on 15:34 - Jul 28 with 1099 viewsdurham_exile

KVY on 14:40 - Jul 28 by Fruitbat

Four days after "we'll know in 24 hours" still nothing but he's in the side today.

Lets hope that he is still in the side in 46 games time.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

KVY on 10:10 - Jul 29 with 1060 viewsburnsieespana

Rumour from yesterday's game is he has promised to sign contract in next couple of days.
Hope so but we will see.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:08 - Jul 29 with 1050 viewsburnsieespana

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:35 - Jul 29 with 1026 viewsburnsieespana

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:12 - Jul 29 with 1009 viewsburnsieespana

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:36 - Jul 29 with 1000 viewsgerry_us

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:12 - Jul 29 by burnsieespana

and your point is Burnside?
KVY on 19:20 - Jul 29 with 992 viewsLeadbelly

KVY on 10:10 - Jul 29 by burnsieespana

Rumour from yesterday's game is he has promised to sign contract in next couple of days.
Hope so but we will see.

At Colchester?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:49 - Jul 29 with 990 viewsburnsieespana

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:59 - Jul 29 with 989 viewsgerry_us

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:49 - Jul 29 by burnsieespana

Try black lettering Burnsie...
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:02 - Jul 30 with 962 viewsburnsieespana

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:16 - Jul 30 with 930 viewsgerry_us

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:02 - Jul 30 by burnsieespana

Anybody seeing what I'm not?
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:52 - Jul 30 with 924 viewsburnsieespana

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:00 - Jul 30 with 911 viewsmfb_cufc

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:16 - Jul 30 by gerry_us

Anybody seeing what I'm not?

Looks like invisible ink has been used Gerry. If you put an ultraviolet light over your screen burnsieespana's post will be revealed.

mfb

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:20 - Jul 30 with 885 viewswessex_exile

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:00 - Jul 30 by mfb_cufc

Looks like invisible ink has been used Gerry. If you put an ultraviolet light over your screen burnsieespana's post will be revealed.

Think you'll find it's lemon juice MFB - you have to waft your monitor over a burning candle, trust me :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024