Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meh 14:50 - Jul 12 with 1436 viewsColukev

Is it just me, or is anyone else distinctly lacking interest in this season?!

Not sure whether the world cup has taken over the normal preseason build up, or today the disappointment of the young lions WC exit.

Could it be the inevitable hopeful season ending with a mediocre mid table finsh?

Is it only me? How would you normally get yourself fired up for the new season ahead
Meh on 17:41 - Jul 12 with 1412 viewsLeadbelly

Not just you.

Not renewing my season ticket and not sure I'll be attending many games, if any. Home games have become a chore rather than a pleasure and nothing happening at the club over the past few seasons has filled me with enthusiasm. As one far more committed Us fan than I said to me before the final home game, it's the lack of hope that was killing his enjoyment.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Meh on 19:20 - Jul 12 with 1397 viewswessex_exile

Not me - can't wait for the season to get started. Normally the summer months really drag (apologies to those that do, but I have minimal interest in cricket, and zero interest in tennis), but thanks to the World Cup (well done England!) first match is but a few weeks away - bring it on!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Meh on 23:13 - Jul 12 with 1373 viewsdurham_exile

I have to say that I am really looking forward to the start of the season.

I sincerely hope that we can defeat Notts County, our nemesis over the past few years. A positive start and three points at Meadow Lane will send out a message of our intent to the rest of the league.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Meh on 10:23 - Jul 13 with 1348 viewsburnsieespana

Whilst cricket and F1 are my number one sports to watch am looking to this season as really believe Col U can be a force this year.
Only doubt I have is with the goalkeeper so hope Barnes and or Gilmartin turn out to be good enough.
Meh on 10:53 - Jul 13 with 1344 viewsMoor_Pinot

Looking forward fervently to the season. Living out here it feels even more special when the friendlies begin! The WC has had no bearing on that, I am first and foremost a U's fan. Crossing my fingers for France [now] on Sunday though. Very quiet here - so different from England. There were a few motor horns on Tuesday night but of course bars etc all close around 7.30! Still enjoying the cricket season but definitely NOT lacking interest in the new season. It's my 57th and I'm probably more positive as each new one starts. Hoping for a higher finish than 2017-18 too.
Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Meh on 16:08 - Jul 13 with 1319 viewsnoah4x4

More excited about Mick's HGPL than the EFL. ROFL!

Have renewed season ticket as my wife buys it for my birthday. But not convinced I would have rushed to pay for it myself. I will be tied up with cricket on Saturdays until the second week of September and if the U's make a miserable start.....
Meh on 20:34 - Jul 13 with 1297 viewsgerry_us

Meh on 16:08 - Jul 13 by noah4x4

More excited about Mick's HGPL than the EFL. ROFL!

Have renewed season ticket as my wife buys it for my birthday. But not convinced I would have rushed to pay for it myself. I will be tied up with cricket on Saturdays until the second week of September and if the U's make a miserable start.....

Still hitting it in the "ark(c)" then Noah?
Meh on 21:16 - Jul 13 with 1288 viewsnoah4x4

Meh on 20:34 - Jul 13 by gerry_us

Still hitting it in the "ark(c)" then Noah?

That's how I got my nickname Gerry. Two fielders, long on and long off, both behind bowlers arm (e.g. "in the arc") plus four slips and two gully's was the perfect field to supress my run scoring and get me out, albeit I signed off my career with a massive straight six and a "not out" (was definitely, time to quit!). . Now resigned to mere scoring where I am occasionally called upon to handle First Class matches. Keeps me busy throughout the Summer, hence the unfortunate season overlap with Col U.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024