Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Norris 18:22 - Jul 26 with 1008 viewsLeadbelly

Whilst working in the M4 corridor today I had a long football related chat with a client who is a Swindon Town ST. I asked him for his opinion on Norris which is as follows:

Arrived from Gillingham with quite a fanfare but, in the opinion of most Swindon fans of his acquaintance, Norris never lived up to the hype.

Will score goals but not prolific.

Good at penalties.

Bit of a carthorse.

He was injured at the end of last season.

Not upset that Norris has moved on.

We shall see how he gets on very soon.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Luke Norris on 18:28 - Jul 26 with 1004 viewsdurham_exile

Total bollocks and sour grapes from your Swinedon supporter.

Luke (Chuck) Norris is going to score 15 plus goals for the Super U's this season.

Top scorer last season at the County Ground with 13 goals, in what was a very poor Swindon Team.

He had a "Mo Salah" injury and is recovering from surgery

Personally I loathe Swinedon and so I love it when my prejudices are reinforced.

Up the resurgent super U's

Durham_exile

Luke Norris on 21:20 - Jul 26 with 971 viewsLeadbelly

Luke Norris on 18:28 - Jul 26 by durham_exile

Total bollocks and sour grapes from your Swinedon supporter.

Luke (Chuck) Norris is going to score 15 plus goals for the Super U's this season.

Top scorer last season at the County Ground with 13 goals, in what was a very poor Swindon Team.

He had a "Mo Salah" injury and is recovering from surgery

Personally I loathe Swinedon and so I love it when my prejudices are reinforced.

Up the resurgent super U's

What is total bollocks? All the comments or just those that may be construed as negative?

Luke Norris on 22:12 - Jul 26 with 954 viewsdurham_exile

Luke Norris on 21:20 - Jul 26 by Leadbelly

What is total bollocks? All the comments or just those that may be construed as negative?

LB - All the negative comments from your Swinedon commentator.

We will wait out to see who is right at the end of the season, but at 25 years of age he has youth on his side and has always demonstrated the knack of scoring goals, 48 goals in 206 appearances. Suggests he will be worth 15 goals to us this season.

I am confident about this forthcoming season and feel that the signings have by and large been positive. Dickenson's return will be like a new signing and if KVY can be persuaded to stay then we have the basis of a decent side.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Luke Norris on 23:06 - Jul 26 with 943 viewsoxfcolu

I cannot stand Swindon never have and will always be biased towards the pig sty. Nevertheless Luke had his problems with the shoulder last season which has been rectified by surgery. I have a good feeling about this season and it could be the season where he comes good. He has promise but was never ful!y fit.
Luke Norris on 18:17 - Jul 27 with 874 viewswessex_exile

If I may sit on the fence here - we did have a Swindon supporter on the OMB a while ago saying similar things about Norris, which I took with a big pinch of salt (considering the potential for sour grapes is bound to be high when you've just lost your leading goalscorer from last season). I discussed this with my neighbour (a Swindon fan), and he summed it up pretty much as "that's Swindon fans for you, miserable f'ckers".

They did also say the same about Cureton of course...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Luke Norris on 19:04 - Jul 27 with 864 viewsdurham_exile

Luke Norris on 18:17 - Jul 27 by wessex_exile

If I may sit on the fence here - we did have a Swindon supporter on the OMB a while ago saying similar things about Norris, which I took with a big pinch of salt (considering the potential for sour grapes is bound to be high when you've just lost your leading goalscorer from last season). I discussed this with my neighbour (a Swindon fan), and he summed it up pretty much as "that's Swindon fans for you, miserable f'ckers".

They did also say the same about Cureton of course...

The reason that I am so fired up over this matter is that Colchester do have an impressive track record of taking players from clubs where either they have been languishing or their medical history is of concern.

Swinedon may not have seen the best of Norris, but I am sure that we will.

Invariably we have been able to transform the player and arguably get the very best out of them - Freddie Sears is a classic example!

Of course where we fail is often with home grown talent like Macca Bonne!

On paper we look to have a strong striking line up for the first time in several years. This season is where we need to translate that talent into goal scoring machines.

Up the promotion hunting Super U's

Durham_exile

Luke Norris on 19:14 - Jul 27 with 862 viewsLeadbelly

Luke Norris on 19:04 - Jul 27 by durham_exile

The reason that I am so fired up over this matter is that Colchester do have an impressive track record of taking players from clubs where either they have been languishing or their medical history is of concern.

Swinedon may not have seen the best of Norris, but I am sure that we will.

Invariably we have been able to transform the player and arguably get the very best out of them - Freddie Sears is a classic example!

Of course where we fail is often with home grown talent like Macca Bonne!

On paper we look to have a strong striking line up for the first time in several years. This season is where we need to translate that talent into goal scoring machines.

Up the promotion hunting Super U's

"Invariably we have been able to transform the player" Really?

Perhaps nearer the truth is that we've made good, bad and indifferent signings based on previous performances by the particular player and those players have then produced good, bad and indifferent performances for Col U. We certainly do not have a 100% record of transforming players for the better.

Luke Norris on 09:13 - Jul 28 with 810 viewsburnsieespana

Reading Swindon fans sites and newspapers comments fans as usual have differing opinions but I felt on balance they were sorry he was leaving. I
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024