Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place 21:11 - Aug 13 with 1368 viewsdurham_exile

After a very bright start to the season JM takes his charges to the quaintly named Jonny-Rocks Stadium. Apparently, Jonny-Rocks is a high-end Chauffeur and business travel transport company (I looked it up).

Gary Johnson is the manager and they have had a poor start to the season with league defeats but will be looking to secure a victory in the Carabao Cup against confident Colchester. Extra time has been scrapped so if the match finishes all square we move straight to penalties in the conventional ABAB format.

JM is likely to make number of changes which makes considerable sense with a tough fixture at Mansfield on Saturday. However, the League Cup offers the opportunity to go toe to toe with one of the bigger teams and we should not therefore either take the opposition or the competition too lightly on Tuesday evening.

It would be apposite to give Bailey Vose the opportunity to get a game between the sticks and play Ryan Gondoh and Brandon Comley in midfield. Harry Pell should be on the bench against his old team whilst the predicted bench will still look very strong if required.

Vose

Jackson Eastman Prosser Vincent-Young

Senior Comley Gondoh Dickenson

Collins Mandron

Subs:

Barnes (D) Barnes (A) Kent Wright Pell Szmodics Nouble

Most disappointingly is the news that Norris remains side-lined with injury niggles.

Weather should be reasonable and the pitch good.

The Super U’s will be looking to maintain their unbeaten start to the season. Winning becomes infectious.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game and 1-0 to the U’s

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 12:27 - Aug 15 with 431 viewsDaniel

Can't say I'm disappointed to see us exit the competition. The League Cup is as appealing as the Chuck-a-turd Trophy used to be. It's pleasing that we clawed our way back from 2-down though.
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 18:28 - Aug 15 with 406 viewsColukev

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 12:27 - Aug 15 by Daniel

Can't say I'm disappointed to see us exit the competition. The League Cup is as appealing as the Chuck-a-turd Trophy used to be. It's pleasing that we clawed our way back from 2-down though.

Couldn't agree more. Never liked the league cup in any variationof format/name.

Saying that, I think this was our ideal scenario.

Spirited come back from 2-nil down shows character at a tough away ground, will do no harm to morale either.

Exit 1st round, concentrate on the auto promotion race. I don't believe many fans will be too upset, attendances across all the fixture proves as much.

Allowed the valuable game time to some fringe players and debutantees , inviting players to stake a claim for starting berth on Saturday. Norris scored a cracker which could earn him a call up.

Let's save the cup magic for November, when the real financial incentives are there. Got a good buzz around the club and fans this year, I fancy it to be a good'un!
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 22:34 - Aug 15 with 381 viewsoxfcolu

Gutted after last night.
Big reality check on strength in depth.
Everyone talks about the spine of the team, well two of them were missing from the
starting line up. It was noticeable and with five changes we did not look solid especially at the back.
One plus point apart from the missed penalty was Norris who I mentioned in a previous thread when fit will prove a good investment. He never stopped running the whole match and his goal was very good.
Mandron was not in the game and deserved to be substituted.
Mansfield has hit some form so we require the players back from the weekend.
Dickenson is not a left back and should always be further up the pitch to be effective.
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 22:32 - Aug 16 with 344 viewsdurham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 22:34 - Aug 15 by oxfcolu

Gutted after last night.
Big reality check on strength in depth.
Everyone talks about the spine of the team, well two of them were missing from the
starting line up. It was noticeable and with five changes we did not look solid especially at the back.
One plus point apart from the missed penalty was Norris who I mentioned in a previous thread when fit will prove a good investment. He never stopped running the whole match and his goal was very good.
Mandron was not in the game and deserved to be substituted.
Mansfield has hit some form so we require the players back from the weekend.
Dickenson is not a left back and should always be further up the pitch to be effective.

Oxfcolu - sorry you witnessed the defeat after pens.

Cheltenham drew Brentford away tonight which is neither a glamour tie nor a money spinner.
Still they have a chance of an upset.

Mansfield will be an exacting game.

Mandron is an enigma. Played well pre-season but once again has been poor when offered the opportunity to startup front.

This perhaps is the reason why he failed to make the grade at the black cats etc.

Character was shown to come back from two goals down. It was a shame that Senior missed his pen (andNorris), important that they both don't dwell on the failure.

It has also emerged that some of the squad were suffering from Montezumas revenge which thankfully has now passed.

Bring on the Stags.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024