Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
History repeats itself? 09:54 - Aug 24 with 828 viewsPieman

I have followed the U's since I came to live in Colchester in 1983. My first ever game was a dismal 1-1 draw, at home to Darlington, in front of one of Layer Roads smallest ever crowds. Not a great start, but since then I have enjoyed and sometimes suffered, a fantastic roller coaster of a ride watching Colu. Promotion to the Championship, relegation to the Conference, 2 wins at Wembley and the totally brilliant night when we beat Bristol Rovers 5-4 at home. Sadly, this will be my last season watching my beloved Col U as I am soon to move abroad. I will return whenever possible but for the record, the season I left my previous home of Plymouth, after many years watching the Argyle doing naff all, they got to the semi final of the FA Cup and were promoted to Division !. Lets hope that history repeats itself eh!
History repeats itself? on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 808 viewswessex_exile

...and of course one of those two Wembley victories was in the play-offs to get promotion out of this league :-)

Good luck with your overseas adventure Pieman. Fortunately, the world is a much smaller place these days, and it's so much easier to keep up with the U's from anywhere on the globe.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

History repeats itself? on 12:18 - Aug 24 with 792 viewsburnsieespana

Indeed it is wessex and this site is a fantastic way to keep up to date with out beloved U'S when you move abroad.
Pieman enjoy your new adventure.
History repeats itself? on 16:51 - Aug 24 with 773 viewsMoor_Pinot

Quite so Wessex.

Much as I wish I were still in the UK, it is still possible to follow the U's closely and maximise the opportunities to see them when they arise.
Even when watching other teams in a new land as I obviously have to do nothing is ever the same as watching the U's and the layer Road adventures and those since still feel as real as anything even when I am wandering looking for subject matter in the middle of the Limousin nowhere.

Tomorrow I will be able to follow the U's quite easily like Burnsie and so, PIEMAN, will you. Good luck with it & I hope it is all you hope. I never wanted to leave but my move has been better than I thought and I am more than coping with it so good luck and keep your eyes on the Play Off chasing U's

Moor Pinot

History repeats itself? on 16:56 - Aug 24 with 772 viewsPieman

History repeats itself? on 10:43 - Aug 24 by wessex_exile

...and of course one of those two Wembley victories was in the play-offs to get promotion out of this league :-)

Good luck with your overseas adventure Pieman. Fortunately, the world is a much smaller place these days, and it's so much easier to keep up with the U's from anywhere on the globe.

Thanks for reply. Feeling less sad about the forthcoming separation now. Up the U's.
History repeats itself? on 16:57 - Aug 24 with 771 viewsPieman

History repeats itself? on 12:18 - Aug 24 by burnsieespana

Indeed it is wessex and this site is a fantastic way to keep up to date with out beloved U'S when you move abroad.
Pieman enjoy your new adventure.

Many thanks for reply. Feeling less sad about the forthcoming separation now. Up the U's.
History repeats itself? on 17:00 - Aug 24 with 770 viewsPieman

History repeats itself? on 16:51 - Aug 24 by Moor_Pinot

Quite so Wessex.

Much as I wish I were still in the UK, it is still possible to follow the U's closely and maximise the opportunities to see them when they arise.
Even when watching other teams in a new land as I obviously have to do nothing is ever the same as watching the U's and the layer Road adventures and those since still feel as real as anything even when I am wandering looking for subject matter in the middle of the Limousin nowhere.

Tomorrow I will be able to follow the U's quite easily like Burnsie and so, PIEMAN, will you. Good luck with it & I hope it is all you hope. I never wanted to leave but my move has been better than I thought and I am more than coping with it so good luck and keep your eyes on the Play Off chasing U's

Thanks for reply. Feeling less sad about the forthcoming separation now. Up the U's. Moving to Charante Maritime so maybe we should start a French branch of the Colchester United Supporters Group. Allez les Bleu et Blancs!
History repeats itself? on 17:27 - Aug 24 with 763 viewsMoor_Pinot

Where? That is extraordinary Pieman as we are in the process of moving to the Vendée as soon as possible! Definitely chance to create a French annexe. Keep in touch.

Up the U's
Allez Colchester

Moor Pinot

History repeats itself? on 21:23 - Aug 24 with 735 viewsburnsieespana

Anybody else on here who live outside the UK?
Login to get fewer ads

History repeats itself? on 21:25 - Aug 24 with 734 viewsPieman

History repeats itself? on 17:27 - Aug 24 by Moor_Pinot

Where? That is extraordinary Pieman as we are in the process of moving to the Vendée as soon as possible! Definitely chance to create a French annexe. Keep in touch.

Up the U's
Allez Colchester

Ruffec area, so just south of the Vendee.
History repeats itself? on 21:27 - Aug 24 with 732 viewsdurham_exile

Pieman have a safe and uneventful move and enjoy France.

You can keep up to date with the U's action on ifollow plus this site and the OMB.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

History repeats itself? on 22:14 - Aug 24 with 723 viewsmfb_cufc

History repeats itself? on 21:23 - Aug 24 by burnsieespana

Anybody else on here who live outside the UK?

Two I know of are:-

ghughes11 - New Zealand

concordman - U.S.A.

mfb

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:24 - Aug 25 with 689 viewsburnsieespana

History repeats itself? on 23:44 - Sep 3 with 604 viewsghughes11

History repeats itself? on 22:14 - Aug 24 by mfb_cufc

Two I know of are:-

ghughes11 - New Zealand

concordman - U.S.A.

Yep - I'm in Canterbury on the South Island, having just moved down from Auckland in May.
I keep up to date via ifollow, this website/forum and OMB

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024