Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Bonne 11:57 - Sep 23 with 1814 viewsLeadbelly

For those with access to BT Sport there is a 15 programme about Macauley Bonne at 16.30 this afternoon.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Macauley Bonne on 12:32 - Sep 23 with 1808 viewsDaniel

It's also available on demand if youve got BT TV.
Macauley Bonne on 14:12 - Sep 23 with 1792 viewsgerry_us

Macauley Bonne on 12:32 - Sep 23 by Daniel

It's also available on demand if youve got BT TV.

Just glad somebody appreciates his obvious talent.
Pity McGreal didn't. Macca could turn out to be a star in the making. He only needed to be handled with care which did not include 2 minutes at the end of each game.
Macauley Bonne on 16:10 - Sep 23 with 1781 viewsMoor_Pinot

Precisement.... As dear old Poirot would say. Our loss is Orient's gain both in exiting the National and in financial terms. I do wish we were better at managing these young players. Ah well.....

Moor Pinot

Macauley Bonne on 16:57 - Sep 23 with 1777 viewsnoah4x4

Just watched this on BT replay. Did his agent commission this deluded self-promotional profile/advertisement? Frankly, I have never previously seen anything like it. Concludes with his father suggesting that "he should be playing for Man Utd or Barcelona" and Macca stating an ambition of playing "at least in the Championship in five-years time".

Rejected by Ipswich; brought to WHCS by Tony Humes; Can't get in the U's team under Humes or any other management. Finds his level in the Conference where another former prolific scorer at that level now struggles to get off the bench (Dan Holman) having had EFL opportunity after leaving the U's. It is possible for players to have unlucky career breaks. But some are just not good enough. OK, he did play against Premiership players when he featured for Zimbabwe against Morocco. But is playing against them the same as playing with them?

I wish him well, but fear this TV profile won't convince anybody. But if Freddie Lapado can rekindle his career I suppose Macca can. But after so many goals for Orient, why no bidders?
Macauley Bonne on 22:18 - Sep 25 with 1696 viewsmfb_cufc

The flat track bully scored a hat-trick against Braintree tonight, as Orient win 5-1 in front of a 2,574 crowd at Braintree.

mfb

Macauley Bonne on 04:51 - Sep 26 with 1665 viewsMoor_Pinot

Yes, we just never gave the lad a proper run Mick. Good luck to him.

Moor Pinot

Macauley Bonne on 12:59 - Sep 26 with 1641 viewsdurham_exile

Macauley Bonne on 14:12 - Sep 23 by gerry_us

Just glad somebody appreciates his obvious talent.
Pity McGreal didn't. Macca could turn out to be a star in the making. He only needed to be handled with care which did not include 2 minutes at the end of each game.

My views on Macca Bonne are very clear - I consider it a disgrace that he was allowed to go after not being given a fair chance.

Still we move on. Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe (currently on loan at Bromley until January) is the next young talented striker who will require careful management by our Club.

JMc has an embarrassment of riches with Norris, Nouble, Mandron, Collins, Szmodics and Junior all capable of playing and scoring goals. This is all good news.

They must be deployed sensibly and used to maximum effect this season if we are to achieve promotion back to League One.

Bring on the Shakers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Macauley Bonne on 13:23 - Sep 26 with 1636 viewsLeadbelly

Macauley Bonne on 12:59 - Sep 26 by durham_exile

My views on Macca Bonne are very clear - I consider it a disgrace that he was allowed to go after not being given a fair chance.

Still we move on. Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe (currently on loan at Bromley until January) is the next young talented striker who will require careful management by our Club.

JMc has an embarrassment of riches with Norris, Nouble, Mandron, Collins, Szmodics and Junior all capable of playing and scoring goals. This is all good news.

They must be deployed sensibly and used to maximum effect this season if we are to achieve promotion back to League One.

Bring on the Shakers.

Up the U's

Bonne scored a hat trick at Braintree last night and is top scorer in the National League. You could argue he's found his level but you could also argue Col U have missed out by letting him go without really seeing what he could do. Either way, Orient will be getting a decent fee at some point if Bonne keeps up the good work. Hope we get a slice too.

Login to get fewer ads

Macauley Bonne on 14:28 - Sep 26 with 1629 viewsburnsieespana

Macauley Bonne on 13:23 - Sep 26 by Leadbelly

Bonne scored a hat trick at Braintree last night and is top scorer in the National League. You could argue he's found his level but you could also argue Col U have missed out by letting him go without really seeing what he could do. Either way, Orient will be getting a decent fee at some point if Bonne keeps up the good work. Hope we get a slice too.

Personally I was never impressed by Bonne. Flattered to deceive in my opinion rather like Jamie Guy.
Clubs judgement has been accurate with Guy and Holman for that matter.
I understand Bonne wanted the move not us and we have a sell on clause. Strange nobody came in for him in the summer.
A big step up from National League to even Div 2.
Our friends up the road are finding players struggle to make the step up from Div 1 and 2 to Championship.
Macauley Bonne on 18:00 - Sep 28 with 1530 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Macauley Bonne on 14:28 - Sep 26 by burnsieespana

Personally I was never impressed by Bonne. Flattered to deceive in my opinion rather like Jamie Guy.
Clubs judgement has been accurate with Guy and Holman for that matter.
I understand Bonne wanted the move not us and we have a sell on clause. Strange nobody came in for him in the summer.
A big step up from National League to even Div 2.
Our friends up the road are finding players struggle to make the step up from Div 1 and 2 to Championship.

Spot on Burnsie.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Macauley Bonne on 19:05 - Sep 28 with 1523 viewswessex_exile

Macauley Bonne on 18:00 - Sep 28 by RSCOSWORTH

Spot on Burnsie.

Have to agree also - more than enough Col U managers had the opportunity to run the rule over Bonne, and none of them saw enough to make him a regular first team choice. Sometimes these things do end up biting you on the @rse, when players finally come good further down the pyramid, and I genuinely wish him well in his career, but that's how it goes I guess?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Macauley Bonne on 14:37 - Nov 27 with 1289 viewsburnsieespana

The transfer window rumour mill already getting cranked up and it seems Leeds and Notts Forest both interested in making a big money move for Bonne.
I seem to recall we had a sell on clause but does anybody know for certain this is so as could bring us some welcome income.
Macauley Bonne on 17:05 - Nov 27 with 1276 viewsgerry_us

Macauley Bonne on 14:37 - Nov 27 by burnsieespana

The transfer window rumour mill already getting cranked up and it seems Leeds and Notts Forest both interested in making a big money move for Bonne.
I seem to recall we had a sell on clause but does anybody know for certain this is so as could bring us some welcome income.

Dunno...but we should never have let him go in the first place. He was badly treated and under utilised by the management. Serves us right if we haven't got a sell-on clause.
Macauley Bonne on 20:47 - Nov 27 with 1255 viewsLeadbelly

Macauley Bonne on 17:05 - Nov 27 by gerry_us

Dunno...but we should never have let him go in the first place. He was badly treated and under utilised by the management. Serves us right if we haven't got a sell-on clause.

Leeds certainly looked at Bonne over the summer so may be something in that rumour.

Macauley Bonne on 23:32 - Nov 27 with 1231 viewsmfb_cufc

Macauley Bonne on 17:05 - Nov 27 by gerry_us

A quote from John Whites brother, who is close to the club in some way I think, taken from the OMB, "i think its a pretty decent sell on clause from what i have heard. it was a case of long term planning, where we gambled with a smaller fee up front for potentially more down the line".

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024