Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bar at Stadium 14:27 - Sep 28 with 1188 viewsburnsieespana

Seems a trial is taking place over next couple of games to have a Supporters Bar.
Be interesting to hear from anybody on here what it is like after the first game.
Understand first couple of games only cash and limited range of beer but, if it is supported aim is to have a card machine plus a greater range of drinks.
Bar at Stadium on 18:44 - Sep 28 with 1162 viewswessex_exile

As this is something we've all been asking for since the move, it's great news that the club is at least giving it a go. I wish I was in a position to take advantage of this opportunity for the next couple of games, to let the club know there is definitely a market for this, but I hope everyone who can does, even if the initial option is a bit shonky compared to what we eventually hope for. If the club (aka Robbie) doesn't have the brass for a proper supporters bar, I'd hope that some of the big pub chains who might be considering one of the vacant lots nearby will be looking on with interest?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Bar at Stadium on 21:48 - Sep 28 with 1146 viewsnoah4x4

Evidently cancelling the shuttle buses has failed to get fans to abandon the town's pubs and drink in the South Stand Bar that has all the cold breeze block ambiance of the urinals. Whilst this step is welcome, if all it serves is chilled keg IPA and lager it won't be well supported. Exeter, Grimsby and Yeovil all respect the demands of 'Real Ale' drinkers. The JSC tie to Green King is too limiting.

Then begs the question, how do we get home if no public transport? Sorry, I will continue to drink in the Victoria Inn where fans are properly welcomed and the range of ales is compelling. If I leave immediately after a game on a Saturday, there is a chance of a bus, but any later and they are too infrequent.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 21:50]
Bar at Stadium on 23:39 - Sep 28 with 1127 viewsLeadbelly

Bar at Stadium on 21:48 - Sep 28 by noah4x4

Evidently cancelling the shuttle buses has failed to get fans to abandon the town's pubs and drink in the South Stand Bar that has all the cold breeze block ambiance of the urinals. Whilst this step is welcome, if all it serves is chilled keg IPA and lager it won't be well supported. Exeter, Grimsby and Yeovil all respect the demands of 'Real Ale' drinkers. The JSC tie to Green King is too limiting.

Then begs the question, how do we get home if no public transport? Sorry, I will continue to drink in the Victoria Inn where fans are properly welcomed and the range of ales is compelling. If I leave immediately after a game on a Saturday, there is a chance of a bus, but any later and they are too infrequent.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 21:50]

The supporters bar is a great idea, same as it was when it was dismissed by those making the decisions years ago before the stadium was built. Pity they were so blinkered and stubborn, actually arguing there was no demand for one!

I hope it proves successful but as there is nothing available at the stadium that I would drink by choice then what will be on offer tomorrow doesn’t persuade me to change pre-match routine.

Even if the bar is a success I doubt very much real ale or my tipple of real cider will be available in the foreseeable future. The club will have to escape from the clutches of the evil empire aka Greene King before that happens. Until that does happen I’ll continue to drink in the Vic before any game I attend.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Bar at Stadium on 22:23 - Oct 5 with 1013 viewsnoah4x4

There is a rumour doing the rounds that Greene King fitted it out. If so, suggests no prospect of any decent ale being sold other than bottled Old Speckled Hen. But why do they insist on chilling it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024