Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe 16:35 - Oct 2 with 1268 viewsdurham_exile

If there are any advantages to losing at home on a Saturday (and I can’t think of any!), then at least we can put things right on the following Tuesday evening at home to the Glovers.

The table is more congested now and so it is imperative that we secure three points tonight against Darren Way’s Yeovil Town. Yeovil themselves are nursing injuries, but our only concern is to secure the victory.

Lincoln City 10 25
Newport 10 22
Exeter 10 20
Stevenage 10 18
COL U 10 16
Oldham 10 16
FGR 10 16
Bury 10 16
Swindon 10 16
Crawley 10 16
Carlisle 10 16
Yeovil 10 15
MK Dons 10 15

Even after 10 games a gap is beginning to emerge after the top three and we must keep pace with the frontrunners.

Now although we were Shaken by Bury hopefully it will have stirred us into life, albeit with a depleted team. Injuries were sustained by Frankie Kent and Tom Eastman whilst Luke Norris has an ankle injury. If there is any doubt as to their fitness, then none of them should play this evening.

Often though in the past Colchester have started players when they have been rushed back following injury. Tonight, is not a time to risk longer term problems. The squad is strong enough to cope with a minor injury crisis. JMc does have the option to recall Cameron James (currently on loan) should the need arise. Ollie Kensdale should be blooded tonight to partner Prosser. Should he opt not to play the youngster, then play three at the back and bring another youngster, Diaz Wright, into the team, he played vey well at Tranmere and would not look out of place alongside Pell and Comley.

JMc should therefore think about the following:

Barnes

Jackson Prosser Kensdale Vincent-Young

Senior Comley Pell Dickenson

Szmodics Nouble

Subs:

Ross Wright Gondoh Mandron Collins Barnes A Clampin

Weather tonight will be cloudy and 15C, the pitch looked superb on Saturday. Take the game to Yeovil early doors, exploit their injury concerns and look for an impressive home performance to bring home three more valuable points.

The weekend sees the winner take it all against Dino Maamria’s Stevenage Borough, another team who have just hit some form. Another reason to stamp some authority on the league tonight against the Glovers.

Sadly, attendances have not been brilliant this season and on Saturday, eight grounds in League Two and three grounds in the National League saw bigger attendances than Colchester. Only Burton out of all the home clubs in League one had a lower attendance.

Still never mind, enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 18:12 - Oct 2 with 1245 viewsgerry_us

Be wary of Yeovil.
Not long since they put 6 past Newport ... at Newport. Several other impressive results away from home so hopefully McG will have done his homework.
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 19:11 - Oct 2 with 1238 viewsMadeira163

Am I right that I can watch on I follow tonight
It’s saying I’m in a wrong location at the moment???
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 19:27 - Oct 2 with 1236 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 19:11 - Oct 2 by Madeira163

Am I right that I can watch on I follow tonight
It’s saying I’m in a wrong location at the moment???

gsy - yes you can watch live this evening.

Team news

Incredible but true Tom Eastman and Tom Lapslie (after surgery) are both playing this evening!!!!!!

Barnes

Jackson Eastman Prosser Vincent-Young

Senior Lapslie Pell

Szmodics

Nouble Norris

Subs
Gilmartin Kensdale Wright Comley Dickenson Collins Mandron

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 19:30 - Oct 2 with 1235 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 19:27 - Oct 2 by durham_exile

Team news

Incredible but true Tom Eastman and Tom Lapslie (after surgery) are both playing this evening!!!!!!

Barnes

Senior Lapslie Pell

Szmodics

Nouble Norris

Subs

Up the U's

Eastman, "brogan dose and all"
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 19:43 - Oct 2 with 1228 viewsMadeira163

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 19:27 - Oct 2 by durham_exile

Team news

Barnes

Senior Lapslie Pell

Szmodics

Nouble Norris

Subs

Up the U's

Am I doing something wrong, trying trying to connect saying not in my location
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 20:15 - Oct 2 with 1217 viewsgerry_us

1-0 U's Eastman, luckily not a header
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:05 - Oct 2 with 1208 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 19:43 - Oct 2 by Madeira163

Am I doing something wrong, trying trying to connect saying not in my location

Gsy once you have accessed the Live match centre it gives you the option to either listen live or watch live.

It also gives you updates from the game via text and line ups statsetc.

I don't know why it says not in your location.

Good luck try again

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:06 - Oct 2 with 1207 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 20:15 - Oct 2 by gerry_us

1-0 U's Eastman, luckily not a header

Big Frank and its2-0

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:07 - Oct 2 with 1206 viewsdurham_exile

In other news Lincoln losing 1-0 at Tranmere.

Macclesfield drawing 2-2 at Rodney Parade.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:14 - Oct 2 with 1205 viewsdurham_exile

Attendance 2,435 at the JobServe

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:30 - Oct 2 with 1200 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:14 - Oct 2 by durham_exile

Attendance 2,435 at the JobServe

Nouble 3-0

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:30 - Oct 2 with 1200 viewsgerry_us

3-0 to the super U's.
Surely we can't foul this one up?
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:41 - Oct 2 with 1198 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:30 - Oct 2 by gerry_us

3-0 to the super U's.
Surely we can't foul this one up?

3-1 FT
95 mins and Yeovil scored a consolation
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:45 - Oct 2 with 1196 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:41 - Oct 2 by durham_exile

3-1 FT
95 mins and Yeovil scored a consolation
Up the U's

Newport equalised in the 97th minute!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:53 - Oct 2 with 1189 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:45 - Oct 2 by durham_exile

Newport equalised in the 97th minute!

Up the U's

I'm sure they'll be ecstatic about rescuing a point, but only just managing to do that, and conceding 3 at home against the worst team in the league isn't good for Newport. Shame about Barnes being wrong-footed for Yeovil's ill-deserved consolation, but nevertheless a comprehensive performance by a magnificent U's who were on top from start to finish. Stevenage here we come!

Up the U's!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:54 - Oct 2 with 1188 viewsMadeira163

Thanks Durham , I did working out
Great night
First game I’ve watched since my Bestie passed so was tough looking at his seat in the East
But made a lot sweeter by my 3-1 and Nouble to score in a 3-1
£10 well spent
Cheers Kelvin watching down
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:55 - Oct 2 with 1188 viewsBFG

Top scorers in the division and best goal different
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 22:06 - Oct 2 with 1178 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 21:54 - Oct 2 by Madeira163

Thanks Durham , I did working out
Great night
First game I’ve watched since my Bestie passed so was tough looking at his seat in the East
But made a lot sweeter by my 3-1 and Nouble to score in a 3-1
£10 well spent
Cheers Kelvin watching down

Gsy pleased you connected with the match centre.

Poignant for you to be able to reflect on your good friend as well.

Great game and result.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 05:46 - Oct 3 with 1131 viewsnoah4x4

Abysmal crowd; but with no shuttle bus service to be expected.

New bar facility is excellent - if only it had some "beer" other than Greene King IPA. I had a Stowmarket Cider to offer some encouragement, but won't abandon the town's pubs until there is a decent Real Ale and transport.

The match itself, U's dominant against an experienced Yeovil side. Lapslie's return made a huge positive difference. Tom Eastman played out of his skin too. If we can avoid injury and stay fit, maybe our year?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 5:49]
Super U's to overcome Glovers at Fortress JobServe on 13:47 - Oct 3 with 1079 viewsgerry_us

Cannot tell a lie; I forecast a 0-2 home defeat on the U's prediction league last night. Obviously worked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024