Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimsby 22:14 - Oct 23 with 989 viewsnoah4x4

Night of missed opportunity. 20 shots, all wasted, never once troubled the keeper. Two on target both feeble. Senior should have scored twice from headers with the keeper beaten. By contrast, one shocking stray pass by Jackson, gave them one chance 1-0 defeat. North of Colchester jinx yet again. Need to bounce back Saturday.
Grimsby on 22:58 - Oct 23 with 942 viewsgerry_us

The worst performance I have seen from a U's side for many a year.
Can only hope it is a "blip" and that we can get back to winning ways with an "easy" fixture Saturday. Luckily no team made any decisive moves in the league this evening and we stay fifth.
Grimsby on 12:43 - Oct 24 with 784 viewsnoah4x4

I don't think it was that bad Gerry. We defended well apart from Jackson's ghastly howler and our approach play was good too. What was shocking was the final pass or shot. We had 20 shots, most were blasted miles over the crossbar. We didn't look remotely like the Divisions top scorers. The game was hence determined by a single defensive mistake. The Mariners made more errors but we're not punished. On another day we might have scored three (Senior was very wasteful).

I have concluded that Norris needs Szmodics (and vice-versa) else Norris becomes isolated. KVY, Senior and Nouble all make great attacking runs, but like Drey Wright before them too often failed to deliver the killer ball or shot, and would often lose the ball resulting in a pacy counter attack. Hopefully Szmodics will be fit for Lincoln.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024