Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Cureton 14:19 - Nov 21 with 1513 viewsLeadbelly

Worth a read

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46262119

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Jamie Cureton on 15:26 - Nov 21 with 1501 viewsburnsieespana

Yes saw it myself. Although looks to be going into Management not sure I can ever see him as our Manager but hey ho you never know.
Whatever his faults what a fantastic goal scorer he has been pretty much through his career and to think when Parky rescued him from Swindon he was just about done then in many peoples eye.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2018 15:27]
Jamie Cureton on 17:54 - Nov 21 with 1486 viewsbwildered

Guaranteed to make you smile. Let's hear it ...

Oh , Jamie Jamie ,
Jamie Jamie Jamie Jamie ,
Cureton .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Jamie Cureton on 18:21 - Nov 21 with 1477 viewsnoah4x4

Jamie Cureton on 17:54 - Nov 21 by bwildered

Guaranteed to make you smile. Let's hear it ...

Oh , Jamie Jamie ,
Jamie Jamie Jamie Jamie ,
Cureton .

I have never forgiven him for his Nodge badge kissing and mocking of U's fans in 2008 when he scored a hat trick at Carrow Road when the Budgies beat us 5-1 (before our 1 - 7 pay back). I can understand Guthrie' s similar reaction at Stevenage (for which he was booked) as he was horribly and unnecessarily verbally abused. But we gave Cureton fully justified applause. His actions were childish and necessary. In my memoirs book (yet to be written) sadly he lost his U's legend status that day.
Jamie Cureton on 21:58 - Nov 21 with 1456 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Jamie Cureton on 18:21 - Nov 21 by noah4x4

I have never forgiven him for his Nodge badge kissing and mocking of U's fans in 2008 when he scored a hat trick at Carrow Road when the Budgies beat us 5-1 (before our 1 - 7 pay back). I can understand Guthrie' s similar reaction at Stevenage (for which he was booked) as he was horribly and unnecessarily verbally abused. But we gave Cureton fully justified applause. His actions were childish and necessary. In my memoirs book (yet to be written) sadly he lost his U's legend status that day.

Whilst I agree with much of what you wrote Noah were you not at the Layer Road match for Cureton’s first return since he left? Probably the most stick I’ve ever witnessed a player being given. Have to admit I joined in wholeheartedly too. For me he could’ve left in right manner and still potentially been a Col U legend but he chose not to and from that day everything he’d done for us was tainted.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Jamie Cureton on 22:02 - Nov 21 with 1455 viewsLeadbelly

Jamie Cureton on 21:58 - Nov 21 by RSCOSWORTH

Whilst I agree with much of what you wrote Noah were you not at the Layer Road match for Cureton’s first return since he left? Probably the most stick I’ve ever witnessed a player being given. Have to admit I joined in wholeheartedly too. For me he could’ve left in right manner and still potentially been a Col U legend but he chose not to and from that day everything he’d done for us was tainted.

Even the hat trick at Roots Hall?!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Jamie Cureton on 22:23 - Nov 22 with 1387 viewswessex_exile

Jamie Cureton on 22:02 - Nov 21 by Leadbelly

Even the hat trick at Roots Hall?!

No one can forget that moment Whales, and I recall someone on Shrimperzone commenting at the time along the lines of "it couldn't have been more embarrassing if they'd led us out to the centre circle, pulled our shorts down, and spanked our arses". But that was what he was paid to do when we resurrected his and Iwelumo's careers, languishing in the Swinedon 2nd XI and in some godforsaken kip abroad. We had confidence and belief in them when no one else did, and I'd be the first to admit they'd earned their right to a big fat payday. However, the manner in which they achieved that payday, engineering their own departures whilst pouring scorn and derision on the club who had made it possible for them, and believed in them, still rankles with me.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Jamie Cureton on 22:45 - Nov 22 with 1380 viewsBFG

I had a quick look for a link to the goals from that game (Easter Friday I think) but can't find it .. anyone?
Jamie Cureton on 23:37 - Nov 22 with 1377 viewswessex_exile

Jamie Cureton on 22:45 - Nov 22 by BFG

I had a quick look for a link to the goals from that game (Easter Friday I think) but can't find it .. anyone?

I've found a very shaky fans footage for his 3rd goal...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Cureton on 23:12 - Nov 23 with 1327 viewsBFG

That's what I found .. quality hat-trick on a sunny day ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024