Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth 00:06 - Nov 26 with 5597 viewsjokerthief

It is estimated in Portsmouth that will sell over 1700 tickets.
Thats a decent following , how far away is Portsmouth?
Portsmouth on 06:43 - Nov 26 with 4438 viewspioneer

from where I am sitting about 8000 miles.
Portsmouth on 08:21 - Nov 26 with 4355 viewsaleanddale

If that is true its a magnificent effort.

there will be 2800 Dale fans as per usual should make for a good atmosphere.
Portsmouth on 09:23 - Nov 26 with 4300 viewsSuddenLad

About 260 miles to Portsmouth.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Portsmouth on 09:37 - Nov 26 with 4279 viewsmeeee

Portsmouth on 08:21 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

If that is true its a magnificent effort.

there will be 2800 Dale fans as per usual should make for a good atmosphere.

Let's hope so, my mate who's a Portsmouth fan says were the quietest set of fans he's seen at home. He's been to a few away games with me so he knows that we can make a decent atmosphere but it never seems to get going at home. I was impressed with Shrewsbury fans last week, they always make a decent noise with their 2 singing sections
Portsmouth on 16:19 - Nov 26 with 3898 viewsJames1980

Moving the game to Sunday is good for me because I can now attend. Interesting that it has been chosen as a TV game for the overseas audience never realised Dale were so popular around the world.
So far my experience of Sunday games has been positive Spurs and Charlton last season so not a big dataset. Fingers crossed this Sunday will also be a positive experience.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Portsmouth on 16:38 - Nov 26 with 3868 viewsYorkshire_Dale

See they rested Pitman again on Saturday so he is ready for his inevitable goal at San Spotty.

Pity the "gate" is split 3 ways on Sunday,we would have pocketed a good chunk if they turn up in numbers as usual ,despite reduced prices. Still we might sell a few old pies.

Ready made excuse for any Cup exit with the bigger budget jobby.

Let's hope we are up for it despite the BBC hovering around
Portsmouth on 17:04 - Nov 26 with 3815 viewsfunkkk

Anybody who can't make the game because they are in Croatia/Serbia etc. will be pleased to know the game is live on Sportklub.
Portsmouth on 17:16 - Nov 26 with 3782 viewsDaleiLama

Portsmouth on 17:04 - Nov 26 by funkkk

Anybody who can't make the game because they are in Croatia/Serbia etc. will be pleased to know the game is live on Sportklub.

I wondered where in the world it was being shown and who was stumping up £12.5k to us for the right to broadcast it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth on 17:50 - Nov 26 with 3729 viewsShun

Portsmouth on 09:37 - Nov 26 by meeee

Let's hope so, my mate who's a Portsmouth fan says were the quietest set of fans he's seen at home. He's been to a few away games with me so he knows that we can make a decent atmosphere but it never seems to get going at home. I was impressed with Shrewsbury fans last week, they always make a decent noise with their 2 singing sections

I find that hard to believe. 90% of teams in Leagues One and Two have next to no atmosphere at home, fans generally only ever make an atmosphere away when they’re congregated into one smaller area. Of all the away games I’ve ever been to I’ve probably only seen any kind of real atmosphere from one or two clubs, Shrewsbury included. That’s just normal. Don’t tell Keith Hill but we’re no better or worse than any other fans of a lower league club.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 18:03]
Portsmouth on 18:00 - Nov 26 with 3705 viewsDaleiLama

Portsmouth on 17:50 - Nov 26 by Shun

I find that hard to believe. 90% of teams in Leagues One and Two have next to no atmosphere at home, fans generally only ever make an atmosphere away when they’re congregated into one smaller area. Of all the away games I’ve ever been to I’ve probably only seen any kind of real atmosphere from one or two clubs, Shrewsbury included. That’s just normal. Don’t tell Keith Hill but we’re no better or worse than any other fans of a lower league club.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 18:03]

You would think Keith might have had the same experience? Oh well.

Portsmouth on 18:04 - Nov 26 with 3691 viewsShun

Portsmouth on 18:00 - Nov 26 by DaleiLama

You would think Keith might have had the same experience? Oh well.

You would think!
Portsmouth on 19:16 - Nov 26 with 3581 viewsTVOS1907

1700?

They brought an impressive 966 in the league and took similar to Scunthorpe on Saturday.

They aren't going to have almost twice as many for the FA Cup, particularly at 2.00pm on a Sunday.

Nor will we have 2,800 fans of our own. There were 2,140 Dale fans v Gateshead and I can't see it being significantly more on Sunday.

Sadly, gates drop these days in the FA Cup, not increase like they used to do in days of yore.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Portsmouth on 19:20 - Nov 26 with 3569 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth on 16:19 - Nov 26 by James1980

Moving the game to Sunday is good for me because I can now attend. Interesting that it has been chosen as a TV game for the overseas audience never realised Dale were so popular around the world.
So far my experience of Sunday games has been positive Spurs and Charlton last season so not a big dataset. Fingers crossed this Sunday will also be a positive experience.

Charlton was on a Saturday, James.

Portsmouth on 19:45 - Nov 26 with 3528 viewsDaleiLama

Portsmouth on 19:16 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

1700?

They brought an impressive 966 in the league and took similar to Scunthorpe on Saturday.

They aren't going to have almost twice as many for the FA Cup, particularly at 2.00pm on a Sunday.

Nor will we have 2,800 fans of our own. There were 2,140 Dale fans v Gateshead and I can't see it being significantly more on Sunday.

Sadly, gates drop these days in the FA Cup, not increase like they used to do in days of yore.

And it it's being televised somewhere, presumably dodgy streams will be available too.

Portsmouth on 19:48 - Nov 26 with 3517 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth on 19:45 - Nov 26 by DaleiLama

And it it's being televised somewhere, presumably dodgy streams will be available too.

You might have some of them if you drink too much of that funny beer in Hull tonight!

Portsmouth on 19:48 - Nov 26 with 3514 viewsD_Alien

Portsmouth on 19:45 - Nov 26 by DaleiLama

Chernobyl?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Portsmouth on 19:51 - Nov 26 with 3500 viewsJames1980

Portsmouth on 19:20 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

Charlton was on a Saturday, James.

That is what shift work does to me

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Portsmouth on 19:52 - Nov 26 with 3500 viewsDaleiLama

Portsmouth on 19:48 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

You might have some of them if you drink too much of that funny beer in Hull tonight!

Going for my tea now. It's a school night.

Portsmouth on 19:53 - Nov 26 with 3493 viewsDaleiLama

Portsmouth on 19:48 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Chernobyl?

I told you - I'm in ChernobHull.

Portsmouth on 20:41 - Nov 26 with 3421 viewschalky_ncfc

I wonder if John Westwood is still going to the away games,he's a s mad as a God of frogs but very approachable,if you see someone with long blue hair and shaking a hand bell that will be him

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Portsmouth on 20:53 - Nov 26 with 3369 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth on 20:41 - Nov 26 by chalky_ncfc

I wonder if John Westwood is still going to the away games,he's a s mad as a God of frogs but very approachable,if you see someone with long blue hair and shaking a hand bell that will be him

Aye, we know, chalky. We've already played them twice in 2018. It's far better than taking on the likes of Crawley.

Portsmouth on 21:00 - Nov 26 with 3343 viewschalky_ncfc

Portsmouth on 20:53 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

Aye, we know, chalky. We've already played them twice in 2018. It's far better than taking on the likes of Crawley.

Oh...does he still go then?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Portsmouth on 21:09 - Nov 26 with 3317 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth on 21:00 - Nov 26 by chalky_ncfc

No idea.

Portsmouth on 11:22 - Nov 27 with 3084 viewsBazzanne

As this game won't be in I follow does anyone know who is broadcasting it?
Portsmouth on 13:39 - Nov 27 with 2960 viewsVespaDale

Portsmouth on 21:00 - Nov 26 by chalky_ncfc

He was banned from home games recently. My mates had a drink with him last year / 2yrs ago & he had some issues so received a club ban, could only do away games. A bit like me...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024