Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great win today lads at MK!! Merry Christmas all 01:35 - Dec 23 with 846 viewsTheHappyGooner

Did anyone on here go ?

Mr H x
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 1:36]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Great win today lads at MK!! Merry Christmas all on 09:02 - Dec 23 with 815 viewswessex_exile

Morning Haps

I finally popped my McPlastic cherry and went yesterday, for one of the better (best?) U’s performances I’ve seen in recent years, simply immense. I think what made it so was that the Mongs were clearly a good side, and always carried a threat. But the defence were rock solid, backed up a tigerish midfield. Unlike some of our more gritty tense 1-0 victories, we continued to threaten right to the end, and in reality could have scored more. It was great to see Luke back in the starting XI, and whilst I’m sure he’ll be kicking himself for not taking his gilt-edged chance second half, his attack play really did make a difference. As did Nouble down the left, a constant thorn for MK, I’d imagine their right back had nightmares about big Frank last night. Even Brennan looked like he was getting back to best. Special mentions must also go to Prosser, Szmods and Lapslie, but to be honest this really was a team effort in which everyone played their part - and that included fantastic support from the U’s faithful!

Incidentally, I don’t know if our goal was an inspired creation from the training ground, or a couple complete fluke from a mis-hit corner, but boy did Prosser catch it sweetly :-)

Up the U’s

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Great win today lads at MK!! Merry Christmas all on 15:21 - Dec 23 with 772 viewsTheHappyGooner

Great win today lads at MK!! Merry Christmas all on 09:02 - Dec 23 by wessex_exile

Morning Haps

I finally popped my McPlastic cherry and went yesterday, for one of the better (best?) U’s performances I’ve seen in recent years, simply immense. I think what made it so was that the Mongs were clearly a good side, and always carried a threat. But the defence were rock solid, backed up a tigerish midfield. Unlike some of our more gritty tense 1-0 victories, we continued to threaten right to the end, and in reality could have scored more. It was great to see Luke back in the starting XI, and whilst I’m sure he’ll be kicking himself for not taking his gilt-edged chance second half, his attack play really did make a difference. As did Nouble down the left, a constant thorn for MK, I’d imagine their right back had nightmares about big Frank last night. Even Brennan looked like he was getting back to best. Special mentions must also go to Prosser, Szmods and Lapslie, but to be honest this really was a team effort in which everyone played their part - and that included fantastic support from the U’s faithful!

Incidentally, I don’t know if our goal was an inspired creation from the training ground, or a couple complete fluke from a mis-hit corner, but boy did Prosser catch it sweetly :-)

Up the U’s

Lovely report mate

How many Us there ?

I’m
Gonna take a punt at 500

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Great win today lads at MK!! Merry Christmas all on 16:06 - Dec 23 with 765 viewsgerry_us

Brilliant win and even better that we were able to defend an early goal until the end; something we have often been unable to achieve this season.
Was the return of Prosser and much missed Eastman a factor in defence Wessex?
Reported 629 U's fans present. Some Xmas present for those attending. Great chance of more points with our Xmas home programme...here's hoping.
A very happy Xmas to all on the board and to a very successful 2019 for all and for the U's continued form and fitness.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 16:55]
Great win today lads at MK!! Merry Christmas all on 17:20 - Dec 23 with 750 viewsDCPete

Merry Christmas all!
Great win today lads at MK!! Merry Christmas all on 18:07 - Dec 23 with 748 viewswessex_exile

I'd say so Gerry, neither put a foot wrong really, and with Kent alongside, really did hold the line well. For the benefit of you and the Goalkeeping Union, Gilmartin had a good game as well, but he does still need to work on his kicking a bit. His instinctive point-blank tip over definitely saved all three points. Interestingly, towards the end of the game, one of the defenders (didn't spot who) was taking some of the goal kicks and free-kicks in the box - perhaps protecting that recovering injury a bit?

Not knowing the away attendance at the time Haps, I would have put it at well over 500, so 629 sounds right :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Great win today lads at MK!! Merry Christmas all on 22:16 - Dec 24 with 685 viewsnoah4x4

Echo the report from Wessex. But my MOM was Gilmartin. We oozed confidence with him marshalling things from the back in tandem with Prosser. It is no coincudence we leak goals with Dillon Barnes in goal.

Also welcome back Tom Eastman. KVY is great going forward but this was a day where rock solid defence was essential with the ball doing the work via rapid passing rather than dribbling. Seniors absence also meant better ball retention and power going forward. 629 was the number, so many I didn't even spot Wessex, so apologies buddy for not wishing you a merry Xmas in person.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024