Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Window 20:38 - Dec 26 with 8551 viewsisitme

With the sale of Cannon and the potential sale of McGahey. What business do you expect/like to see done in the January transfer window?

Norman, Randall and Clough to go back to their parent clubs at the end of their loans. Wilbraham to have his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

A centre half to come in on loan if McGahey leaves and another striker to replace Wilbraham.
January Window on 20:52 - Dec 26 with 4209 viewsrochdaleriddler

Keep ac and hm, pay off Perkins and wilbraham recruit an actual scoring c/f

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

January Window on 20:54 - Dec 26 with 4199 viewsfitzochris

Hill needs to trim the squad before he can bring anyone else in. He rewarded the existing squad with pay rises and brought in Perkins and Wilbraham on decent wages, too. That aside, we have too many players as it stands.

This is above and beyond the (alleged) requirement to gain a transfer fee from a player or two.

If all of the above is managed, he may be able to bring a couple of players in, but they absolutely have to be better than what we already have, or we’re back to where we are now.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

January Window on 20:59 - Dec 26 with 4169 viewsisitme

Interesting that in another thread a poster has linked Andrew with Lincoln. A month or so ago Long from Fleetwood was supposed to be signing in January. Not heard much about him recently.

I wonder if Joe Thompson might retire? What other players who have rarely featured could we offload?
January Window on 21:01 - Dec 26 with 4157 viewsSuddenLad

January Window on 20:52 - Dec 26 by rochdaleriddler

Keep ac and hm, pay off Perkins and wilbraham recruit an actual scoring c/f

I think you're missing something.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

January Window on 21:37 - Dec 26 with 4032 viewsShun

Cannon and McGahey to go for fees. Clough and Randall to return to their parent clubs, and Norman too hopefully. Those 5 departures should trim the squad to a more healthy size and give our own younger players more opportunities. Morley should be at the very least making the bench now.

After that I wouldn’t expect (and wouldn’t particularly want) any incomings. Maybe a forward on loan, but that’s about it.
January Window on 21:55 - Dec 26 with 3969 viewsSuddenLad

Looking at Morley recently, he has a far more powerful physique than the last time he appeared in a Dale shirt and has clearly worked on his body strength. If his early promise has continued, he may well be the way forward.

I was always of the opinion that Cannon signed his latest contract somewhat recluctantly, as if he had offers from elsewhere that didn't materialise, so took what was on offer here.

Who knows what the complete reasons are for his absence from many matchday squads this season. Fitness ? application ? attitude ? agents ? unsettled ? Maybe all, maybe none. The fact is, he could leave in May for nothing. If he isn't to make an impact here, or isn't seen as a regular squad member, we may as well sell him on to create the means of adding to the squad.

I wish him well at Pompey and I hope we have the appropriate clauses in place.

January Window on 21:56 - Dec 26 with 3952 viewsscarrow

Just because some bloody transfer banter site says McGahey is going everyone seems to swallow it. I reckon he’ll be at the club in February

Agree though that there’s some dead weight - looks like Cannon will go, Norman, Clough, Randall to leave, Hart if not injured seems to be out of favour - cancel that one. Wilbraham can go as well.

Even though it’s a very long squad list if they all went then that’d leave 21 included Thompson. - that’s taking out all the YT’s

Poll: Final position

January Window on 22:17 - Dec 26 with 3880 views49thseason

January Window on 21:37 - Dec 26 by Shun

Cannon and McGahey to go for fees. Clough and Randall to return to their parent clubs, and Norman too hopefully. Those 5 departures should trim the squad to a more healthy size and give our own younger players more opportunities. Morley should be at the very least making the bench now.

After that I wouldn’t expect (and wouldn’t particularly want) any incomings. Maybe a forward on loan, but that’s about it.

Or, Cannon and McGahey to go, Thompson to retire, Wilbraham to be paid off, Andrew to Lincoln, Norman back to Fulham
Randall to sign/ stay as Right Back cover, A N Other centre-half on loan, Striker inbound... in from Fleetwood?
Clough back to Nottingham maybe, depends if he is fit and if they want him / if he wants to go back there, and most importantly how much he is costing us.

I think we are getting close to KHs ideal squad now
Moore/ Lillis /Wade
Rafferty / Randall / MJ Williams / Delaney / Hart / Ntlhe?/ Mc Nulty / +1 (centre -Half)
Camps /Rathbone/ Adshead/ Morley/ Dooley /Perkins/
Henderson / Done / Williams (11) / Gillam /Inman / +1 (Target man)

That's a 23 man squad with, I suspect, 4 or 5 who will be looked at more carefully towards summer. Williams (11) will be under some pressure, as will Gillam, McNulty, Done and Lillis
Login to get fewer ads

January Window on 22:49 - Dec 26 with 3755 viewsDale92

Why is Andrew meant to be leaving? Ok, he's not a first choice but has been a very good servant for us.

This is the One, I've waited for

January Window on 23:11 - Dec 26 with 3704 viewsThacks_Rabbits

January Window on 22:49 - Dec 26 by Dale92

Why is Andrew meant to be leaving? Ok, he's not a first choice but has been a very good servant for us.

It’s ok saying mutual for Wilbraham but why would he want to go? Paying off a contact normally involves about 50% of potential earnings until end of contract, so assuming he is on around 3k a week plus bonus that’s around 50k, if he is contracted until July.

If he can get a club, on a decent wage or longer contract (Salford for example) we may have a bit t of room to work, but if no offers come in and he wants, or needs a wage, he can sit on his arse earning.

Not his fault, though someone is!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

January Window on 00:14 - Dec 27 with 3562 viewsYouTubeDale

I have lost patience with Done and Raff. Neither can supply a decent cross, or more accurately, it takes them far too many attempts to do so. They have been good servants to the club but our scouting system should be good enough to find replacements. Also, I have lost patience with Calvin. Yes, he is a very, very, very nice man, but that doesn’t bring home the bacon. Today, his touch up front was awful and we missed an opportunity, on another occasion he was offside. When we counter attack his decision making isn’t good enough, and to cap it all, we all know his goal scoring per game isn’t good enough. Time to get rid.

This is in addition to Wilbraham, Clough and Randall.

And our manager still needs to teach man marking in our box. How on earth wasn’t Nottingham picked up today in the box? We fail constantly on this point, and that is Keith’s fault if it happens so many times.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 0:16]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

January Window on 11:49 - Dec 27 with 3066 viewselectricblue

Have Lincoln made an offer for Andrew!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

January Window on 15:46 - Dec 27 with 2794 viewssmaclad1

January Window on 20:54 - Dec 26 by fitzochris

Hill needs to trim the squad before he can bring anyone else in. He rewarded the existing squad with pay rises and brought in Perkins and Wilbraham on decent wages, too. That aside, we have too many players as it stands.

This is above and beyond the (alleged) requirement to gain a transfer fee from a player or two.

If all of the above is managed, he may be able to bring a couple of players in, but they absolutely have to be better than what we already have, or we’re back to where we are now.

( )!
January Window on 16:03 - Dec 27 with 2754 viewsfitzochris

January Window on 15:46 - Dec 27 by smaclad1

( )!

( )!

January Window on 16:12 - Dec 27 with 2724 viewsDaleiLama

(as we used to say at skewel)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

January Window on 16:25 - Dec 27 with 2696 viewsChaffRAFC

January Window on 21:56 - Dec 26 by scarrow

Just because some bloody transfer banter site says McGahey is going everyone seems to swallow it. I reckon he’ll be at the club in February

Agree though that there’s some dead weight - looks like Cannon will go, Norman, Clough, Randall to leave, Hart if not injured seems to be out of favour - cancel that one. Wilbraham can go as well.

Even though it’s a very long squad list if they all went then that’d leave 21 included Thompson. - that’s taking out all the YT’s

It's not that some "transfer banter site" saying McGahey is going, it's the fact that this particular site, and this particular story has come from a gentleman called Pete O'Rourke. This guy very rarely gets things wrong to the point where him saying something is more reliable than a Sky Sports News understands and he's been the one who's broken many of our transfer news in the past. Because he's said it, I'm 99% sure there's something in it.

Anyway, fully expect the following departures:

* Andy Cannon gone to Portsmouth (less than the £150k fee reported by all accounts)
* Harrison McGahey to leave, probably to Scunthorpe if the deal is right for the club
* Calvin Andrew to leave, Lincoln has been mentioned but the fact Fitzochris says we're actively trying to offload him is good enough for me to believe he won't be with us much longer.
* Clough to go back
* Randall to go back
* Norman to go back

Incomings:

* A centre half to replace Harrison. Maybe someone like Martin Crainie at Sheffield United, signed by Hill at Barnsley, would add experience and can't get in Sheffield United's side for whatever reason, dunno if he's injured but his deal runs out next month.

* Another loan goalkeeper. Hill admittedly doesn't seem to like either Moore or Lillis particularly and Norman isn't better than those so would fully expect him to go out and get another keeper in on loan. Strongly suspect Lillis may not play for us again.

* Loan striker to come in as a replacement for Andrew. Hill will know full well we lack options up front. Henderson scores all out goals and if Andrew goes, we're left with Wilbraham who is as much use as a pair of sunglasses on a bloke with one ear. A loan signing a bit like we did with Humphrys wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

January Window on 16:35 - Dec 27 with 2660 viewselectricblue

January Window on 16:25 - Dec 27 by ChaffRAFC

It's not that some "transfer banter site" saying McGahey is going, it's the fact that this particular site, and this particular story has come from a gentleman called Pete O'Rourke. This guy very rarely gets things wrong to the point where him saying something is more reliable than a Sky Sports News understands and he's been the one who's broken many of our transfer news in the past. Because he's said it, I'm 99% sure there's something in it.

* Andy Cannon gone to Portsmouth (less than the £150k fee reported by all accounts)
* Harrison McGahey to leave, probably to Scunthorpe if the deal is right for the club
* Calvin Andrew to leave, Lincoln has been mentioned but the fact Fitzochris says we're actively trying to offload him is good enough for me to believe he won't be with us much longer.
* Clough to go back
* Randall to go back
* Norman to go back

Incomings:

* A centre half to replace Harrison. Maybe someone like Martin Crainie at Sheffield United, signed by Hill at Barnsley, would add experience and can't get in Sheffield United's side for whatever reason, dunno if he's injured but his deal runs out next month.

* Another loan goalkeeper. Hill admittedly doesn't seem to like either Moore or Lillis particularly and Norman isn't better than those so would fully expect him to go out and get another keeper in on loan. Strongly suspect Lillis may not play for us again.

* Loan striker to come in as a replacement for Andrew. Hill will know full well we lack options up front. Henderson scores all out goals and if Andrew goes, we're left with Wilbraham who is as much use as a pair of sunglasses on a bloke with one ear. A loan signing a bit like we did with Humphrys wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Why wouldnt Lillis play again!

Moore as never had enough game to convince Hill..
I can understand Norman going back as that was a waste of a loan signing.
Clough seems to be a broken toy but wages wise out of Dales league.
Randall had the unfortunate injury early in his loan.

Surely Dale get Wilbraham loaned out.....

Cant really see Andrew going unless sombody is coming in....

As for Magahey what have scunthorpe got that Dale havent!!!!!!! Money maybe.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

January Window on 16:37 - Dec 27 with 2649 viewsD_Alien

* Clough to go back
* Randall to go back
* Norman to go back

Incomings:

How about Humphrys as part of the McGahey deal? Sure, he's not pulled up any trees since making an initial impression with us, particularly in both ties against Spurs, but he might have a better understanding of what it takes in L1 now and can be developed further. he can stick the ball in the net and as you say, we'll need someone who offers something a bit different up front, someone who can take the weight off the lighter lads. Plus, his family live in your neck of the woods...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

January Window on 16:38 - Dec 27 with 2645 viewsChaffRAFC

January Window on 16:35 - Dec 27 by electricblue

Why wouldnt Lillis play again!

Moore as never had enough game to convince Hill..
I can understand Norman going back as that was a waste of a loan signing.
Clough seems to be a broken toy but wages wise out of Dales league.
Randall had the unfortunate injury early in his loan.

Surely Dale get Wilbraham loaned out.....

Cant really see Andrew going unless sombody is coming in....

As for Magahey what have scunthorpe got that Dale havent!!!!!!! Money maybe.

Because Hill has been very clear in the fact he doesn't rate Lillis. He brought in a loan goalkeeper to start with and he drops him and mistakes are made and that goal against Plymouth could well have been the final straw.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

January Window on 16:39 - Dec 27 with 2641 viewsfitzochris

* Clough to go back
* Randall to go back
* Norman to go back

Incomings:

Bang on about O’Rourke. He has a large pool of agents in his contacts book and, while a lot of his stories are released to suit the agents’ needs, there is almost always truth in them.

January Window on 16:40 - Dec 27 with 2630 viewsmacro

Is that the Pete O'rourke who said Callum Camps was leaving two transfer windows ago? Or the Pete O'rourke who constantly spouts utter shite. Ex sky for a reason. 95% of what he puts is wrong or already a done deal. I take what he says with a huge punch of salt. I might be proved wrong but can't see that one happening.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 16:43]
January Window on 16:41 - Dec 27 with 2624 viewsSuddenLad

January Window on 16:37 - Dec 27 by D_Alien

How about Humphrys as part of the McGahey deal? Sure, he's not pulled up any trees since making an initial impression with us, particularly in both ties against Spurs, but he might have a better understanding of what it takes in L1 now and can be developed further. he can stick the ball in the net and as you say, we'll need someone who offers something a bit different up front, someone who can take the weight off the lighter lads. Plus, his family live in your neck of the woods...

Humphrys is only on loan to Scunny from Fulham

January Window on 16:43 - Dec 27 with 2615 viewsfitzochris

January Window on 16:40 - Dec 27 by macro

Is that the Pete O'rourke who said Callum Camps was leaving two transfer windows ago? Or the Pete O'rourke who constantly spouts utter shite. Ex sky for a reason. 95% of what he puts is wrong or already a done deal. I take what he says with a huge punch of salt. I might be proved wrong but can't see that one happening.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 16:43]

What he puts out is down to what the agents tell him. There is almost always truth in it, even if it doesn’t necessarily come off in the end.

It’s the way he gets his stories as a freelance.

January Window on 16:46 - Dec 27 with 2595 viewsD_Alien

January Window on 16:41 - Dec 27 by SuddenLad

Humphrys is only on loan to Scunny from Fulham

Yep, so can't be part of any deal, but Hilly may fancy taking him on again since he's doing nowt at Scunny. I wouldn't say no

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

January Window on 16:47 - Dec 27 with 2587 viewsEllDale

Swap for McArdle!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024